The online racing simulator
why wont this website work for one computer
(10 posts, started )
Not realy sure where to post this, but im wondering if anyone could help me in why this website wont work for my gran: www.coastandcountry.co.uk and www.cch-online.org.uk/ it apears to be up but for some reason this particular website wont work here.

Isnt realy the forum to be posting on this but i cant be doing with registering on random forums if its easily solved, going back to google now!

Just tried another browser, still no luck, virgin say its fine there end but "it is" virgin and they arent to helpful on first level of support from my experience
What exactly is her problem? Does the site appear but looks wrong or does it not appear at all? There's a lot of Javascript on there, and it uses .asp extensions, but her browser would need to be prehistoric for it not to work.
It just wont load up, I either get a "ask.com" search page or a "internet explorer cannot display this page blabla" tried it on firefox 3.5 aswell, no luck.

edit: with firefox I got "Page is taking to long to respond" :\

edit2: theres actully a bunch of websites which apear to be not working...and it seems to be all the ones she needs quite importantly : s

www.allpayments.net/ -
www.cch-online.org.uk/
and a few council ones/others
DNS problems?

Maybe try setting the broswer to use another DNS and see if that fixes it.
how exacly would I go about doing this?...I've flushed the dns via cmd prompt but dont know how to change dns settings

edit: its on obtain automaticly and im unsure what to put into the boxes when not on auto, interwebs isnt my strong point!
Quote from jimaxx :how exacly would I go about doing this?...I've flushed the dns via cmd prompt but dont know how to change dns settings

edit: its on obtain automaticly and im unsure what to put into the boxes when not on auto, interwebs isnt my strong point!

changing dns is possible if a few factors work out right...

1) you know the ip of a dns server that works
2) that server doesn't have an acl that blocks external networks from recursion
3) virgin doesn't hijack and redirect dns requests not directed at their dns servers

you could try putting in your isp's dns server(s) ip's and see if it works...

edit: before you try this though, try checking dns with nslookup on her pc... if they give you the right response, then it's not a dns problem.
Quote from bunder9999 :changing dns is possible if a few factors work out right...

1) you know the ip of a dns server that works
2) that server doesn't have an acl that blocks external networks from recursion
3) virgin doesn't hijack and redirect dns requests not directed at their dns servers

you could try putting in your isp's dns server(s) ip's and see if it works...

How would I find out these things? Just a quick google search?.

Im currently in safemode with networking, still no luck.

nslookup (website) = request timed out.

dns problem?

edit; I played with some stuff then put it back on defaults and now I get

"non authoritative answer:
Name: allpayments.net
address: 194.193.78.106"

instead of "timed out" on that website

but I still can't get on it, tried going through the ip address aswell

edit2: pinging the ip also times out
#8 - herki
Have you looked in your hosts file already? Maybe it has some extra entries you don't want.
Also, if you have the ask toolbar installed, get HijackThis and kick it out. It's malware.
Ended up backing up and formating since wasnt getting anywhere, this fixed one website but not the other, but it fixed the most important one so it will do for noaw

Cheers for all the help.
I had issues with certian sites for ages, and i found a section in internet options somewhere and UN checked the 'automatically detect settings' box and it sorted it out for me.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG