The online racing simulator
E-Wolf: new electric supercar
(34 posts, started )
Heavily Lambo influenced, and will probably fail like the Tesla did.
Quote from Falcon140 :Heavily Lambo influenced, and will probably fail like the Tesla did.

more like a Lambo skin on a Ferrari body ...
It's a step in the right direction (the lambo-esque one I mean, not the little open wheeler thing) in that for electric cars to work they need to actually look like cars people want to own, not like something from a really crap 1970s sci-fi film.
I wonder how many polys you need to resemble that E2 losslessly.
wow that E1 has an ugly rear.
Quote from Falcon140 :will probably fail like the Tesla did.

Fail? Did? They were selling faster than they could make them this time last year, with high-profile buyers like Clooney and Arnie. And it looks like the Model S is going to do the same, since pre-orders for that have been going mental. And the company is now planning on minivans and SUVs after the S, which says to me they're making plenty of money from it.

So for a market largely driven (c wut i did thar) by the oil barons, I reckon they've done pretty well actually. Just because you don't see them as much as you do mass-produced nonsense like Civics doesn't mean it's been a failure.

Back on-topic though - that's ugly. It's got bits of Enzo on there, but somehow manages to look even uglier than Ferrari's monstrosity. Lambo Reventon sections too, I reckon.
But more power to these companies for trying to change the industry.
#8 - JJ72
The sidewindow's view in the E2 is narrower than from an asian's eyes.
Quote from Dajmin :They were selling faster than they could make them this time last year, with high-profile buyers like Clooney and Arnie.

1. you know why all those high profile buyers like Clooney and Arnie had a prius before buying a Tesla

2. So they've sold 3 and could make 2, not really an astonishing sucess
Tesla's doing quite well. Just opened their first showroom outside of CA, too.
Quote from squidhead :1. you know why all those high profile buyers like Clooney and Arnie had a prius before buying a Tesla

2. So they've sold 3 and could make 2, not really an astonishing sucess

if you are going to post facts be ready to back them up.
Quote from -NightFly- :if you are going to post facts be ready to back them up.

You want a fact - here's a fact
Less fun driving than an exige
More expensive than a Nissan GTR
Slower to refill (recharge in this case) than a Panamax class oil tanker

The only reason all those high profile buyers are buying them is to tell "I drive an electric car cause I care for the environment, and it's stylish ", and then get into their humvee and drive off. Publicity stunt - yes, other than that you have to be a braindamaged monkey with severe hatred for your own self or an environmentalist (pretty much same thing) to want one.
Quote from squidhead :You want a fact - here's a fact
Less fun driving than an exige
More expensive than a Nissan GTR

There's a hell of a lot of cars that sell very well that fit into both these categories, electric or otherwise.
Quote from Crashgate3 :There's a hell of a lot of cars that sell very well that fit into both these categories, electric or otherwise.

Add do they take forever to refill?
That thing looks ugly as hell. Whats with these super cars with no curves lately? Its like they all hired designers that worked for volvo back in the day.
Quote from squidhead :Add do they take forever to refill?

if u don't like electric cars why u keep on bashing them?
obviously other ppl do like them, and i actually would get one too if i could.
who cares about the charge time, it's not like u drive 300+ km every day.
it's good that more manufacturers show up, hopefully will make them affordable at some point.
sure would be nice to go out have a walk in the middle of the city without all the smog and car noises (or at least less).

im all in for it...design sure is a thing to discuss about, but there are also loads of ugly gasoline cars.
it's just started, give it time and they'll make cars u wanna get too.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :if u don't like electric cars why u keep on bashing them?

who cares about the charge time, it's not like u drive 300+ km every day.
it's just started, give it time and they'll make cars u wanna get too.

I don't like electric cars because they are not a proper alternative to a petrol powered vehicle, but the environmentalists are raving on about them as if they were the next best thing after cupcakes

You will start caring when it runs out of juice in the middle of the city. To get those 300km out of it, you need to drive like a grandma on valium... I somehow don't believe that this is what the "supercar" was made for initially.

Sure they will make it better and more reliable and bla bla bla why do they even try to bother when Honda already developed the FCX Clarity which IS cheaper, safer, it's engine can easily produce proper power, and it's emission free...
*****MEMO******
Notice to car manufacturers:

Please do not forget to forward every design you produce to squidhead for approval before going into production. It is causing arguments on the internet.

Thank you.

*****MEMO******
When the fossil fuels run out and you can't see more than a few feet in front of your face because of the toxic fumes across the planet, you'll be wishing you'd given those electric vehicles the time of day
But how is this electricity produced? How is the energy required to construct batteries etc produced?

I'm afraid I also don't see the point in these conventional electric cars
The electricity is produced at power plants irrelevant of whether it gets used or not; it's not like there's suddenly going to be a massive increase in demand that the suppliers can't handle. It's not a change that'd happen overnight.
And yes, power plants burn fossil fuels, but surely it's better to only burn one load of fossil fuel at a centralised location than millions of little fossil fuel burning vehicles all over the place AS WELL as that centralised location.

And the energy required to create the batteries is pretty negligible since these days they last the lifetime of the car. Toyota has been pushing the Lithium-Ion ones with massive success. Honda has been doing similar for a longer period of time with no "OMG my battery is busted" stories appearing yet.

EDIT:
And power plants are only going to get more green - a petrol engine throughout it's life only gets dirtier.
It's also vastly easier to monitor and regulate a power plant than millions of little engines.
Quote from Stregone :That thing looks ugly as hell. Whats with these super cars with no curves lately? Its like they all hired designers that worked for volvo back in the day.

Wrong. I'd say Volvos looked better and served a purpose.
Quote from piggy501 :Wrong. I'd say Volvos looked better and served a purpose.

They look like someone showed the designers an old volvo and said "Make this x-treme!"
They look like this (particularly the newer Lambos)

Which is a good thing.

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG