VVL = Nissan
Vtec = Honda
VVTI = Toyota
Mivec = Mitusbishi

for example... a XFG normal and XFG VVL with more power

XFG = 110 hp
XFG vvl = 170 hp

something like that !
Do you think anyone would drive the 110HP one?
obviously not LOL

but its for making more difference

would be nice:

XFG SOHC vvl = 110 hp

XFG DOHC vvl = 170 hp

lfs had almost all the engies.. would be nice to had Variable valve carsjust my opinion
You can have Honda Civic i-VTAK in NFS Shit.

But seriously, what's point of VTAK's when LFS doesn't simulates engine completely yet?
How is it different? Everyone will use the car with the most HP. So everyone will have the same power to weight ratio.
Why should the devs spend time making cars that noone will use?

If you want to up the power of the XFG use tweak.
I guess it could also be a totally new car...

But I don't really see the benefit in having a that kind of car in LFS. It's like diesel cars, sure it's a bit different than normal petrol cars, but the racing them is the same. It would require an x amount of coding and there would be almost no difference in racing.

Besides there is no use for having two camshafts in LFS, because you don't need to save fuel. You only need the performance camshaft.
Just ask Scawen to give one of the cars a messed up power/torque curve, and hey presto, you've got variable valve control.
its not neccesary ith the XFG

will be any other car

just look in youtube about videos of: Honda B16/B18 engines (1.6-1.8) taken advantage of V6 and V8 cars

thats im talking about

for example

a Valve variable XFG with real driver, could beat FXO, RB4 also FZ5

and is not like tweet

variable valve engines, just look a liitle bit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_valve_timing
LFS doesn't need to simulate valve systems. If you want a XFG running a über cam, like the one you dream to find in a B16, take the XFR.

Variable valve system are build to have a lower rev range for everyday use, and a higher one for max power (highway entrance etc.) In a race you won't even fall back on the economy cam, so no need for a switch over.
How come this forum has become a collection of the strangest ideas?
WOO VTEC KICKED IN! about 30 laps ago when the race started......
Seriously, what's the point?
The XFG pulls good from 5000-8000rpm and you are above 6000 95% of the time so there is no need.
Quote from tristancliffe :Just ask Scawen to give one of the cars a messed up power/torque curve, and hey presto, you've got variable valve control.

It is not that easy since some manufactures now use continuous variable valve timing. I doubt you really notice this beside just better overall performance than engines which do not have it. Making it again pointless to model it into to code. Just improve the parameters for the engine and we are done
:s
Attached images
motivator8fb862c8a17ce227bd700a4e78ae72eaa2e41300.jpg

Variable valve cars
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG