The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Not this guy again....
Erm, is yours automatic too?
All 3 posts to me? I'm not sure but I'll address as so, if not my bad.

Quote from Jakg :Why are all American cars always given the wrong year...?

(pro-tip - your car isn't from the future).

Don’t follow the first part, and certainly not the second, maybe not directed toward me.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Not this guy again....

Don’t even start, please.

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Erm, is yours automatic too?

Eh, they're all 6 speed auto's. The other posts are a little confusing.
Quote from DHRammstein :All 3 posts to me? Eh, they're all 6 speed auto's. The other posts I don't follow.

The other post wasn't directed at you specifically, but I don't understand why American cars are always given next years number - i.e. if thats the 2010 Ford Taurus you shouldn't be able to buy it 'till next year.
Quote from Jakg :The other post wasn't directed at you specifically, but I don't understand why American cars are always given next years number - i.e. if thats the 2010 Ford Taurus you shouldn't be able to buy it 'till next year.

It's a marketing tool. Stupid really, nothing more than the auto industry trying to make you feel good about having a car that's as new as possible, at least that's how it was explained to me.

No worry I'm well aware it's not from the future Good question though, I've never given it much thought because I'm so used to it.
You posted 2 different Taurus's. One looks like a concept.

Not like it matters though, as that car is ugly as sin. I'm a huge Ford fan, but you americans can't design cars for shit.

And the drag race against the Audi is just marketing crap. Comparing a Twin Turbo V6 against a N/A V8 is a little unfair, and the video seems to be bullshit, as in some shots, the Taurus is on par with the Audi, then the Ford just shoots off. It's all a load of bullcrap.
Oh wow, look at that! Just went to the Audi website. I can get a 2010. How stupid is that selling a car of the future in 2009...

Hmm, Honda, looks like I can buy a 2010 there too.

Volkwagon? Yup, 2010 models again. And it's only 2009....

These are the cars that are going to be sold for the 2010 model year. How is that difficult to understand?

And Nathan_French, what car have you designed? I'd like to see it. Why do you all make such stupid comments? Quite frankly, Audi has some butt ugly cars for the 2010 lineup. Then again, you didn't exactly design an Audi, nor did any US member here design any Ford, Chevy, or Dodge vehicle.
Is it difficult to understand? No.

Does it make any sense AT ALL? No.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :
And the drag race against the Audi is just marketing crap. Comparing a Twin Turbo V6 against a N/A V8 is a little unfair, and the video seems to be bullshit, as in some shots, the Taurus is on par with the Audi, then the Ford just shoots off. It's all a load of bullcrap.

It's terribly bad marketing and possibly plain illegal if you state false claims about your product. While it may be pointless to compare N/A to Turbo, the point they are trying to make is that smaller capacity can provide equal or better performance of a larger engine. I'm going to pull this straight out my ass, but I think Americans are used to bigger is better and they are trying to turn them around with this.

The advert shows a story of a test, it doesn't claim it's the actual footage of the test. It's like how Top Gear adds bits of footage in their races that were shot on the way back home.
The worst part of all of that niceness on your car DHRamstein is.
It has Microsoft crap in it??!!

I'm sorry but your car will BSOD and you'll have a fatal CTD.
Better take the Ford GT for a spin then.

I think it's a nice car.... Maybe just lots of jeallousy in this thread

/me goes play Forza Motorsport 3
I have the best car in the world, I love it so much. It drives like having sex with a girl, It screams like having anal sex. It has 6 huge breasts with capacity of 2,5L. I will not forget about the huge ass of it (rwd). She was build in 1992 and had like about 210k min's of sex in total.

Bmw 325i e36 "92 coupe (black colour with cheap rims on it) New rims when I have the money for them...
Nice, another BMW driver here!
I hope to be a future old Diesel BMW owner. Something like the old 324
Or Mercedes...:hide:
Quote from Takumi_lfs :She was build in 1992 and had like about 210k min's of sex in total.

And no, she is not a whore.. She couldn't do anything about it
The Taurus may be fun while driving, but it's fugly as hell.
I could never drive a car that fugly, let's not even mention the steering wheel/interior
"I think it's important to note something else about this EcoBoost technology, specifically that used in the SHO and several other FLM cars, this technology delivers V8 performance with "good" V6 fuel economy, not just "average" V6 fuel Economy; BUT, this engine puts out more power than many many many V8's, just just "a" V8, this is very important for people to realize. 365hp/350tq, this is "more" than most V8's, and a hell of a lot more than V8 sedans in it's price range, and 24mpg" - This is just something I wanted to point out, it doesn't just perform like a V8, it outperforms most V8's. It even has the low end torque of "good" V8.

Well I just googled and took the a pic of an exterior and one of an interior, as I don't have any pics yet, but those are accurate pictures, that's exactly what mine looks like. I admit the steering wheel could be nicer. I love the interior, and the wife as well, the seats aren't as nice "looking" as the Saab Aero 9-5 I traded in, but they're as comfortable, and that says a lot. IMO Saab makes some of the best seats, especially the GM900 models, like the '95 900SE 2.0T I have, oh god so comfortable.

Quote from Scrabby :The worst part of all of that niceness on your car DHRamstein is.
It has Microsoft crap in it??!!

I'm sorry but your car will BSOD and you'll have a fatal CTD.
Better take the Ford GT for a spin then.

I think it's a nice car.... Maybe just lots of jeallousy in this thread

/me goes play Forza Motorsport 3

Haha, funny no doubt

Also, the sync works perfectly, it's not a PC.. I will not have BSOD, but I figure that was a rhetorical anyways As far as the Ford GT, it's off the road for a while. But so far I've done a port mod, exhaust, pulley and tune, not much, 635whp. Oh Scrabby, how's FM3?? Are you able to compare it to GT5 or NFS Shift? If not, what are your thoughts of the game, this is a chance to get an opinion from a LFS (Simulator) user so I'd like to hear what you have to say, thanks man. And god hope the Sync technology doesn't fail, my wife can't find her way to a damn place lol...and she's a bad driver, so I don't want her stairing at printed out mapquest stuff, another reason I bough this car... For those that haven't used Sync, it doesn't fail, trust me.

Everyone has their opinion, but I think it's a good looking car, but I wasn't shopping for the nicest looking car. It's the safest car available in the United States, I have two children and a wife I love... But I have a need for speed, and I got an incredible deal, and great trade in value on the Saab, so I opted for the SHO, rather than the standard Taurus.

Ford is going all out with the ecoboost, in their I4 lineup, and trucks as well eventually, so at least one American car company has dropped the whole bigger is better bs. Regardless, don't judge a 2010 SHO until you drive one, it's incredible, I love everything about it and it's much better the alternative. Second on my list was the Jetta TDI, 50+MPG. But one drive in the SHO I couldn't believe the power and amazing 6 speed auto, and comfort on par with Saab, and Saab = COMFORT, plus the safety, all said, my family comes first, easy buy.

I have my own cars for my fun, but went for the SHO because when I drive it I'll enjoy it, plus I got an incredible deal, best deal I've ever gotten on a car, plus the family aspect is huge here.

And yes, the SHO is faster than that Audi, and several other overpriced Audi cars. Audi is overpriced here, but I like Audi and considered one, along with the Jetta TDI, and about 5 other cars, but an A4, loaded, it's like 40k, nah, I'll take my SHO at $37k, (Plus a little for the 12S package) and I got the option-package box marked 12S, and you get a more performance-oriented 3.16:1 ratio, along with bigger brakes, sharper calibration of the standard electric power steering system (the base SHO's itself is sportier than base Taurus), plus 20-inch wheels wearing Goodyear Eagle F1 summer tires.. And the Audi is a 200hp 2.0T, nowhere near the safety of the SHO, and more expensive. But I got an amazing deal on the car, under 40k with the 12S option, and after my haggle and trade in I got it at a steal.

*A video explaining EcoBoost in detail, with Fords plans and the engine in detail itself. Don't watch if you simply hate American car company's..but Ford is changing. It's ten minutes but it will give you some insight into what Ford is doing with Ecoboost, and how good it will be for the company. (It's gonna be huge, no more huge engines to make power.....)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgilKUwMl2A
Quote from DHRammstein :"I think it's important to note something else about this EcoBoost technology, specifically that used in the SHO and several other FLM cars, this technology delivers V8 performance with "good" V6 fuel economy, not just "average" V6 fuel Economy; BUT, this engine puts out more power than many many many V8's, just just "a" V8, this is very important for people to realize. 365hp/350tq, this is "more" than most V8's, and a hell of a lot more than V8 sedans in it's price range, and 24mpg" - This is just something I wanted to point out, it doesn't just perform like a V8, it outperforms most V8's. It even has the low end torque of "good" V8.

Well I just googled and took the a pic of an exterior and one of an interior, as I don't have any pics yet, but those are accurate pictures, that's exactly what mine looks like. I admit the steering wheel could be nicer. I love the interior, and the wife as well, the seats aren't as nice "looking" as the Saab Aero 9-5 I traded in, but they're as comfortable, and that says a lot. IMO Saab makes some of the best seats, especially the GM900 models, like the '95 900SE 2.0T I have, oh god so comfortable.

Haha, funny no doubt

Also, the sync works perfectly, it's not a PC.. I will not have BSOD, but I figure that was a rhetorical anyways As far as the Ford GT, it's off the road for a while. But so far I've done a port mod, exhaust, pulley and tune, not much, 635whp. Oh Scrabby, how's FM3?? Are you able to compare it to GT5 or NFS Shift? If not, what are your thoughts of the game, this is a chance to get an opinion from a LFS (Simulator) user so I'd like to hear what you have to say, thanks man. And god hope the Sync technology doesn't fail, my wife can't find her way to a damn place lol...and she's a bad driver, so I don't want her stairing at printed out mapquest stuff, another reason I bough this car... For those that haven't used Sync, it doesn't fail, trust me.

Everyone has their opinion, but I think it's a good looking car, but I wasn't shopping for the nicest looking car. It's the safest car available in the United States, I have two children and a wife I love... But I have a need for speed, and I got an incredible deal, and great trade in value on the Saab, so I opted for the SHO, rather than the standard Taurus.

Ford is going all out with the ecoboost, in their I4 lineup, and trucks as well eventually, so at least one American car company has dropped the whole bigger is better bs. Regardless, don't judge a 2010 SHO until you drive one, it's incredible, I love everything about it and it's much better the alternative. Second on my list was the Jetta TDI, 50+MPG. But one drive in the SHO I couldn't believe the power and amazing 6 speed auto, and comfort on par with Saab, and Saab = COMFORT, plus the safety, all said, my family comes first, easy buy.

I have my own cars for my fun, but went for the SHO because when I drive it I'll enjoy it, plus I got an incredible deal, best deal I've ever gotten on a car, plus the family aspect is huge here.

And yes, the SHO is faster than that Audi, and several other overpriced Audi cars. Audi is overpriced here, but I like Audi and considered one, along with the Jetta TDI, and about 5 other cars, but an A4, loaded, it's like 40k, nah, I'll take my SHO at $37k, (Plus a little for the 12S package) and I got the option-package box marked 12S, and you get a more performance-oriented 3.16:1 ratio, along with bigger brakes, sharper calibration of the standard electric power steering system (the base SHO's itself is sportier than base Taurus), plus 20-inch wheels wearing Goodyear Eagle F1 summer tires.. And the Audi is a 200hp 2.0T, nowhere near the safety of the SHO, and more expensive. But I got an amazing deal on the car, under 40k with the 12S option, and after my haggle and trade in I got it at a steal.

Edit: I caused confusion because I was lazy and took the first pictures that showed up on google, so, I'll find pics on google that reflect my "actual" car. My HD cam does not work, and it was a decent model, I got totally jipped on it, failed weeks after warranty....

*A video explaining EcoBoost in detail, with Fords plans and the engine in detail itself. Don't watch if you simply hate American car company's..but Ford is changing. It's ten minutes but it will give you some insight into what Ford is doing with Ecoboost, and how good it will be for the company. (It's gonna be huge, no more huge engines to make power.....)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgilKUwMl2A

idk dude in your situation i would have goten either a legacy or the new outback...both extremley fun to drive and theyre both good family cars that are safe as well...but to each their own...i dont really like american cars...no ofence or anything but fords (well teh ones in america at least )from what ive heard break alot..
Subaru was absolutely on my list, we waited almost 6 months before deciding. But in the end, she wanted safety, I wanted EcoBoost. Eh, I've had great reliability with Fords, and I've owned many. This is really a car for "her", and all things considered it was an easy decision when they gave me the deal they did.
I actually like the way that taurus looks, it looks very powerfull instead off those pussy looking european fords (Ford Focus RS not included ).
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by Shadowww
Quote from Shadowww :Nissan VRH35Z, V8, 789HP.

Quote from Wiki :The VRH35Z is a 3.5 liter racing variant of the VH V8 engine. The R comes from the fact that the block is made from magnesium and is custom made for racing. The VRH35Z was originally used in Nissan Group C race cars. Later on, the engine was revived with modifications as the VRH35L, now with an aluminum block, for the R390GT1 GT1 supercar

Mmmmm, smell the fair comparison.
Quote from Jakg :Mmmmm, smell the fair comparison.

Still, 478HP V6 Nissan VR36DETT is not racing engine.

By the way, what's with forum bugs? I pressed Save on my previous post, but it got deleted o.O

Depressing autumn is depressing.

Took the car for an import car inspection yesterday. Emissions, suspension and brakes all passed flawlessly.
Why would it be illegal?!

They isn't a single country in the world where it's forbidden to drive cars with the wheel on the otherside....

@Matrixi:
Really nice car
Quote from Scrabby :They isn't a single country in the world where it's forbidden to drive cars with the wheel on the otherside....

There is, Latvia.
usa is a in absolutely everything (especially masachusetts )
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG