Yas Marina Circuit
Race Date: 01 Nov 2009
Number of Laps:
Circuit Length: 5.554 km
Race Distance: 305.470 km
Lap Record: n/a -
Attached images
abu_dhabi_track.gif
Everyone on other forums have been hating on this track. I don't think it will be that bad. Certainly better than Valencia, Singapore, Monaco!
2x slow corners leading to long straight and ending in slow corners... Can't be that bad... Should provide some good racing I think.

I think the pit exit is nice but could create way too many problems..
#4 - 5haz
Its a novelty circuit, a bit refreshing at least.
I'd love to finally see a track that makes the race exciting!
Every single race exept Brazil has made the races exciting because of other things than overtaking. Fake things as overtaking in pits or rain or whatevver.
Brazil made the race exciting because of overtaking, nothing else, well, also first lap crash too :/ but, this weekend coming to a track with huge straigths and many corners with possible overtakings, i'm too looking forward to this weekend to see how it works out.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Everyone on other forums have been hating on this track. I don't think it will be that bad. Certainly better than Valencia, Singapore, Monaco!

Hating? Weird people... IMHO it will be blast racing!

How long is pit way? It looks like 1km at least.
well I've seen a documentation about the construction of this track... It doesn't seem too bad actually. Especially the negative banking in some of the corners is going to be interesting to see how drivers will cope with that. They've also showed an onboard lap with Tilke driving the track own safety car and (from my perspective) It was a better designed track then Shanghai for example... Especially that the race ends in the night will add a spectacular sidenote to it...
#8 - J@tko
IMO it'll either be the race of the year, or yet another epically boring race.
yay!!!!!! 1 week banhammer was lifted off me!!!!

i think this will be a great bet that sutil will crash under the tunnel coz he saw a flashback of kimi crashing him in monaco.... =)

kimi is gonna win it.

( btw, my bday is in 2 days and ive been searching that cap/hat that kimi allways uses at the press conference... i like it so much that i want one... like the one he wears on the first pic of this link http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/10/10139.html )
Quote from el pibe :
ive been searching that cap/hat that kimi allways uses at the press conference... i like it so much that i want one... )

Me too!!!
Quote from el pibe :yay!!!!!! 1 week banhammer was lifted off me!!!!

i think this will be a great bet that sutil will crash under the tunnel coz he saw a flashback of kimi crashing him in monaco.... =)

There is no tunnel...
Slow corner leading onto the long straight isn't always the best solution, mid fast corner is better option if you ask me, but good thing about this track is that straights are long enough to go over 300 km/h [up-to 315 km/h here], which allows drafting even out of the slow corner.

So yea, I'm expecting an interesting race.
#16 - 5haz
Or perhaps a corner which only brave drivers dare to take flat out, or a corner where your line has to be perfect to ensure a good exit, a track needs something which separates the Piquet Juniors from the Alonsos, and ensures that some drivers get a bad exit every so often, perhaps when they're fighting for position, making overtaking more frequent.
BTW, good luck to Zeug this week
#19 - troy
Quote from TFalke55 :well I've seen a documentation about the construction of this track... It doesn't seem too bad actually. Especially the negative banking in some of the corners is going to be interesting to see how drivers will cope with that. They've also showed an onboard lap with Tilke driving the track own safety car and (from my perspective) It was a better designed track then Shanghai for example... Especially that the race ends in the night will add a spectacular sidenote to it...

Saw the end of that exact same documentation, do you remember the name by any chance? (It was running on n-tv right?) I wanted to watch the full thing sometime, but just can't recall the title.
Quote from el pibe :

if he manages to crash under the tunnel it'll be pretty impressive
Well.. Police gets good equipments against some criminals in Abu Dhabi for the GP, they got no chance to escape *Linky*
Quote from 5haz :a track needs something which separates the Piquet Juniors from the Alonsos.

I think every track has that...
#24 - 5haz
Quote from Joris :I think every track has that...

Well perhaps it was a bad analogy, seeing as what really separates the Alonsos from the Piquet Jnrs is the deliberate crashing. :rolleyes:
Every driver has that, the not so idioticness of a certain mr.piquette

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG