The online racing simulator
"Fuel Tank Cap"
(5 posts, started )
"Fuel Tank Cap"
Fuel tank caps was not modelled on all cars in LFS. Those are the part of car body and most of skins are far from being alternative. Thus, I hope this feature will be implemented in LFS. Maybe the gas caps would be opened while pitstopping, and closed after pit exit.

On the other hand, race direction will bring about a turmoil. Left/right one sided gas caps should be placed opposite side according to clockwise while pitting in reverse tracks.

Some related threads:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1034396#post1034396

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=656074#post656074
+1 but one position for the fuel cup like real cars.
Quote from ADX.14 :Maybe the gas caps would be opened while pitstopping, and closed after pit exit.

We'd need a pitcrew first. A cap opening and closing on it's own seems a bit redundant.
Thanks STB and Crashgate3 for comments. I totally agree with you Souvlaki about one-sided gas cap, and partially agree with you Crashgate3 on the pitcrew priority.

I'll try to be more explanatory. ATM, fuel tank cap (FTC) is a must. This is not a ignorable part of car entirety. However opening/closing option should be a plus furthermore. That's why I expressed "Maybe....". As you know LFS has step by step development route. Till the implementing pitcrew in LFS, we must wait a very very long time. Thus the option I've suggested for is only a little step toward pitcrew and pitstopping complexity like as my other pitstop suggestion threads. FTC herein is an indicator of fuel tank and we can fuelling without fuel tank as now. Obviously this is a contradiction. So, pilot can open or close FTC from inside the car while pitstopping. But we need FTC first.

I think that the pit crew will various the game more.... So better is to add a lollipop man on race choice and reverse clock counter instead of the clock we have just to know when your pit progress is going to finish.....My opinion

"Fuel Tank Cap"
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG