The online racing simulator
Round 0a: Drivers' Briefing
Attention all:

Here is the driver's briefing for Round 0a, the Test Race.

Circuit: Aston Grand Touring (AS6)
Server Name: NDR|GTAL 2010
Server Password: Team Managers should have PW in their inbox. Or whoever sent in the application. If you do not have it contact me and I'll get it to you.
Duration: 2 hours
Race Start Time and Date: 18:15 UTC Saturday 24 October 2009
Qualifying: 30 minutes; Start 17:30 UTC Saturday 24 October 2009

1. Qualifying Procedure for Test Race:
The Hardcore rule as it is in the regulations book will be enforced. Only one driver from a team may be in server during qualifying since we are only doing the one session. The session will run for 30 minutes, you may do as many laps as you wish. You may only shift+P/Shift+S from within pitlane.

2. Race Start and Safety Car Procedure: The Safety Car will be stacked on top of the grid. It will pull away when the lights go green. DO NOT MOVE UNTIL THE CAR AHEAD HAS PULLED AWAY. Circulate the course in order, keeping 3-5 car lengths between you and the car ahead. The leader needs to stay about 10 car lengths back from the SC. SC will travel at a top speed of approximately 150 kph. It may travel slower on the first lap of a deployment at Race Control Discretion. On the National Section at lap's end, after the first right hand sweep, at the bottom of the hill, the SC will have its speed restriction lifted and will charge away from the field. It is also at this time on the START ONLY that the field should form into double-file. Pole sitter will be asked which side of course he wishes to start on, everything else will fall in accordingly. The leader assumes SC pacing speed at this point and is not to exceed it until the final turn. Exiting the final turn, the leader may accelerate slowly before the green flag flies. Once the green flies, overtaking IS permitted, regardless of whether or not the line has been crossed. A Safety Car Period in race will last a minimum of 2 Laps. Should no incident necessitate a SC within the first half of the race, an "Artificial Caution" will fly sometime during the second half of the race to give all experience in the SC procedure.

3. Communications: Each team must have a team representative in our IRC channel, #ndr at irc.gamesurge.net for the duration of the race. Failure to have a representative in IRC when contact is needed will result in a WARNING for the test race. The qualifying and points penalty will not be applied for the test race. Administration will also be available in our Ventrilo server, at denmark.ventriloservers.biz port 3828. A team representative is also welcome to stay in Ventrilo for the duration of the race if they so desire.

4. Driver Naming: Drivers should format their names before entering the server, creating a new driver profile void of binds for GTAL. Format is going to break somewhat from the Sporting Code, and will be officially updated in the rules next week. Names shall be formatted as per the sporting code, with the exception that the actual name may have colouring in it. The number shall remain in either grey or white. We will not nit-pick on spacing in the name, but we do require a space between number and name. Example formatting (no coloring in this, assume in-game that it is all grey): 00 J. Palmer

5. Tracker: Tracker will be available and running on http://tracker.newdimensionracing.com. Please point out any errors you note to us during the race.

6. Miscellany: Chat is forbidden during qualifying and races. A drive-through will be issued immediately for chat. Within the last ten minutes it will be a 30-second time penalty, applied after-race. Chat includes any messages, and driver name changing in server. If your name is incorrect, we will issue a stop-go for you to change it under. We will not issue a penalty for unblocking or blocking messages unless it happens repeatedly in a race. All other messages will be penalized. We will announce when chat is closed and then reopened.

Do NOT under any circumstances Shift+P or Shift+S during the race without authorization from Race Control. If you are beached or upside down, please use the $SC bind to alert us if we have not already called the yellow. We will tell you to spectate shortly thereafter.

After finishing the race, please slow below racing speeds after turn 1 and proceed around into pit lane. Select any garage stall and pull in. Top three should proceed to staging just behind the finish line for a podium photograph.

Protests thread will be started Friday.

Please post any procedural questions in this thread.

Good luck, and see you Saturday.
#2 - pik_d
What if we run out of fuel after the race before getting back around? Penalty? Doesn't matter? Get a push?
Server name please ?
Quote from pik_d :What if we run out of fuel after the race before getting back around? Penalty? Doesn't matter? Get a push?

You can get a push from another car back, but if you can't, I'll be sending the push car around to "cleanup" if needed. But if that doesn't work, then we won't complain. Hopefully you won't run out of fuel though :P

d
hhmmm Cool!!
what is IRC? And how do i get it. I am familiar with ventrilo though.
Quote from Bmxtwins :what is IRC? And how do i get it. I am familiar with ventrilo though.

International Rally Challenge? International Rescue Committee? Innovation Relay Centres? International Resistive Company? Or is it maybe...

INTERNET RELAY CHAT

The first thing that comes up with google ^^
#9 - J@tko
Quote from Bmxtwins :what is IRC? And how do i get it. I am familiar with ventrilo though.

IRC is kinda like a mass msn conversation

There are various clients that you can use, if you've got FF browser then you can use Chatzilla, or just search "IRC Client" in google.

Once you've got it, find where you input IRC channels, and type in #ndr @ gamesurge.net, and it should connect. Or you might have to type in irc.gamesurge.net and select the #ndr channel. Have a play and if you still can't get in, then post here again
so I must have another LLM member in IRC while Im racing or can i be in it while racing. Ive never used IRC before so.
If you have 2 screens and can have IRC open on the one and LFS on the other, then that might be ok, but we prefer someone else who is in contact with you [eg Vent/TS] to be in there.
Ok im in there now
Have fun and good luck all, may we have a new fine experience in LFS (namely endurance racing, rolling starts, ...) and a lot of clean racing.

See you on track!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG