The online racing simulator
LFS World language mutations
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Chaos
Since LFS itself has many languages, i think it would be a good idea to have LFS World in all those language mutations too...
Noone's stopping you to start with the Czech translation

Seriously, not that I need it, but it's a good idea for when Vic has nothing better to do.
#3 - Chaos
well i already translated about a half of the texts in LFS (garage screens and some others) and my name is on the credits page... so i have no prob starting the czech translation once it becomes available

The thing is that not everybody is good in english and I found out that many drivers don't use LFS World just because they don't understand it... I think it's a place where all drivers can get some useful info...
Oh yeah, I understand the reason behind this. The question is just how much work this is for Victor. If all text strings are already loaded from a translation table/file then it wouldn't be a problem to implement multiple languages. If everything is still hardcoded into the HTML code then it will be an assload of work.
#5 - ORION
Nice suggestion but uber-ugly to implement... vic will LOVE you for that hehe
Its pure horror and will require to partly rewrite 90% of the code or something like that. Everything must be dynamic, and the actual text must be replaced with place holders, which are parsed and replaced with their actual text phrases. Makes the code really nice to read after half a year, if you know how a nested mix of 4 or more different languages inside strings looks like

Additionally, there would be thousands of different languages and ugly special chars in the chatterbox. To make the whole web thing continuous, you need to make translations for the forum and the official page too. -> bah

As a sidenote, I have always hated those translations for the game, because you cant help people as they wont find things in the menu, and wont understand the server messages if the dedi isnt set to English. The internet speaks English, who doesnt... well... it must suck if you dont, I cant even imagine :s
Quote from ORION :As a sidenote, I have always hated those translations for the game, because you cant help people as they wont find things in the menu, and wont understand the server messages if the dedi isnt set to English. The internet speaks English, who doesnt... well... it must suck if you dont, I cant even imagine :s

I occasionally use German in LFS
Quote from ORION :As a sidenote, I have always hated those translations for the game, because you cant help people as they wont find things in the menu, and wont understand the server messages if the dedi isnt set to English. The internet speaks English, who doesnt... well... it must suck if you dont, I cant even imagine :s

We, those who use internet frequently or have other opportunities to practice English, really may use it daily. The guys who work with real racing cars do not have them, and stick to national language. I've been happy to hear that my translation opened LFS to some guys in our national racing championships. Imagine that instead they'd had only the translated NFS/GTA/other junk.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG