The online racing simulator
What's ur car?
(269 posts, started )
In my opinion you don't pay for what you just said... But you do prove I'm right, you pay for the name, not the car.

And you give the example of the M5, by comparison I'll take the mondeo and the 3-serie... That last one is way more expensive than the mondeo, and you really don't get much more for it. The m5 is a sports car, and very fancy, I know.. But not talking about fancy, but just normal road going cars. In that case you really are better of with a Mondeo than a 3-series. It has more of everything for less money, except for the name.
Quote from sgt.flippy :In my opinion you don't pay for what you just said... But you do prove I'm right, you pay for the name, not the car.

And you give the example of the M5, by comparison I'll take the mondeo and the 3-serie... That last one is way more expensive than the mondeo, and you really don't get much more for it. The m5 is a sports car, and very fancy, I know.. But not talking about fancy, but just normal road going cars. In that case you really are better of with a Mondeo than a 3-series. It has more of everything for less money, except for the name.

But the build quality of the mondeo (compared to the 3-series) is not good... It's hard for me to relate to the good quality of the Mondeo etc as my dad has always had BMW's (about 7 or 8, infact), although he did have one Mondeo but that was about 10 years ago? It's just that when i get into a Ford (my dad has been loaned a 1.4 LX Focus from Avis at the mo)... it just feels cheap with all the different plastcis, it's better than in some cars and still is getting better but i just can't really compare to BMW and their excellent build quality... I could maybe compare to a VW...? They are not bad but i would prefer to bee seen in a 320D than a GTi... And yes, it probably is because of the name!
I agree with you, but the build quality of ford is actually a lot better than some people think. We never had real problems with our car, one technical error in the computer, and there is something else wrong, but we think that's the towing ball thingies fault, not the car. We also have some rust on the inside of the door, but when it was discovered, ford wanted to take a look at it itself, so that's good too. My brother in laws ford has no problems whatsoever, except for the radio but he broke that himself

He spilled a drink on the radio, and wanted to wipe it off, and we took out the security bar, and he wiped it clean, but he accidently pulled one of the metal connections, now it has bad connection, but we fixed it again
Quote from sgt.flippy :I agree with you, but the build quality of ford is actually a lot better than some people think. We never had real problems with our car, one technical error in the computer, and there is something else wrong, but we think that's the towing ball thingies fault, not the car. We also have some rust on the inside of the door, but when it was discovered, ford wanted to take a look at it itself, so that's good too. My brother in laws ford has no problems whatsoever, except for the radio but he broke that himself

He spilled a drink on the radio, and wanted to wipe it off, and we took out the security bar, and he wiped it clean, but he accidently pulled one of the metal connections, now it has bad connection, but we fixed it again

Hehehe... I think the idea of the removable buttons is great!!! but it doesn't seem to be on the new focus???
It's a common way of protecting a radio from theft. I don't know exactly how the new radio in the focus looked like, so I searched a bit for it. The old way of stealing a car radio in a ford, were those 4 little holes in it, you just had to have a special tool for it, to press inside the holes, and the radio would come out, so it was rather easy to get it out. Looking at the new radio, it seems it doesn't have that old mechanism. So maybe it became impossible to get the radio out from the front, so no more need for the removable buttons.

I'm not sure, and I have no way of backing this up, but this is my theory.

EDIT
http://images.google.be/imgres ... 6hl%3Dnl%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Here is how you used to get the radio out. If you're a car radio thief... They even tell you how easy it is to make it yourself. That's why it needed the removable buttons. I don't see any holes on the new radio, so I guess they now have a better protection for thieves, mechanicly.
Get Bikes!!!
Quote from sgt.flippy :It's a common way of protecting a radio from theft. I don't know exactly how the new radio in the focus looked like, so I searched a bit for it. The old way of stealing a car radio in a ford, were those 4 little holes in it, you just had to have a special tool for it, to press inside the holes, and the radio would come out, so it was rather easy to get it out. Looking at the new radio, it seems it doesn't have that old mechanism. So maybe it became impossible to get the radio out from the front, so no more need for the removable buttons.

I'm not sure, and I have no way of backing this up, but this is my theory.

EDIT
http://images.google.be/imgres ... 6hl%3Dnl%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Here is how you used to get the radio out. If you're a car radio thief... They even tell you how easy it is to make it yourself. That's why it needed the removable buttons. I don't see any holes on the new radio, so I guess they now have a better protection for thieves, mechanicly.

Lol... That's dangerous for anybody with a ford that as made before around 06!!
Okay... How far off topic did we go now?

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I'm talked out about the radio now
So ya'll just go ahead now
Quote from Dutch-ALfa :i have to wait 2.5 more years..

My brother (24) drives a styled widebody crx (lives in other city)
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3015/meetingzw8ai.jpg

nd my dad http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=OPNIZZMV << Hyundai Tucson 2.0 CRDI with some accesoires ..

my mum drives a Peugeot 306 with a window wich is not comming down anymore

And my sis (20) drives a subaru impreza... (she lives somewhere, far away from here, north of NL)

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto=IIPAD3GJ

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto=6I88ZF6Y

http://www.poelmanautos.nl/pic ... ru%20Impreza/Dsc05963.jpg

she is looking for a newer model, but she doesnt have money enough cuz of the house she bought with her friend

Im Alfa Romeo freak.. so my car has to be a alfa romeo

Now you guys now my family !!!

Your brother's car is nice!

Sam
Risking getting flamed by the anti-rice brigade present...

1992 Honda CRX Del Sol Esi (soon to be Vti)
Attached images
IMG_0507.jpg
Quote from TagForce :Risking getting flamed by the anti-rice brigade present...

1992 Honda CRX Del Sol Esi (soon to be Vti)

I think you're more at risk from the people-who-have-some-common-sense-and-taste group tbh.

But seriously, whatever floats your boat I guess, Vti will be nice
Quote from pb32000 :I think you're more at risk from the people-who-have-some-common-sense-and-taste group tbh.

But seriously, whatever floats your boat I guess, Vti will be nice

Look in the dictionary... I think your entry says "See anti-rice brigade"

Well... At least I don't have a huge wing on the rear end.
Quote from TagForce :Look in the dictionary... I think your entry says "See anti-rice brigade"

Hehe, it's one thing to make a nice car, but when they talk about their Vtec's as the king of the road then I start getting on people's case =) Vtec is an awesome design, but you only get power above a certain RPM, to me this is not what you want in a race/performance engine. For a daily driver thats different =)

It looks nice, but did you really have to go with the massive air dam? =P At least you don't have a huge rear wing, those are virtually pointless until your doing over 110-120 or so and where are you going to be doing that on the road anyways? That the one thing I might change on mine, get the decklid spoiler instead.
Quote from TagForce :Look in the dictionary... I think your entry says "See anti-rice brigade"

Lol, you're probably right.

At least your car is all in one piece. Mines in the bodyshop with a £400 repair bill as my neighbour reversed into it the other day. Shes paying, I'm just very annoyed about it tbh.
Hmm....I wonder how much that kind of bodykit increases the fuel consumption
Quote from Viper93 :ohh yeah it does, my cousin has a 99 z28 and I walk away from him.

A bumper doesn't count as walking someone....
Quote from wheel4hummer :A bumper doesn't count as walking someone....

it was more like no contest =P have a buddy who has a 97 tans-am who thinks he can out corner a neon. I am going to prove him wrong. So when I get back from my trip to England we are going to have a Head-to-head on some local back roads =) err I mean at the local road circuit
Quote from Viper93 :Hehe, it's one thing to make a nice car, but when they talk about their Vtec's as the king of the road then I start getting on people's case =) Vtec is an awesome design, but you only get power above a certain RPM, to me this is not what you want in a race/performance engine. For a daily driver thats different =)

It looks nice, but did you really have to go with the massive air dam? =P At least you don't have a huge rear wing, those are virtually pointless until your doing over 110-120 or so and where are you going to be doing that on the road anyways? That the one thing I might change on mine, get the decklid spoiler instead.

Mine is definitely not king of anything... I just like the look of the Del Sol, but it's a little too "girly" in stock trim.
The VTEC design of the engine is very specifically chosen by Honda to have a car that can do both economy driving and sporty driving. As long as you stick below 4000 rpm (depends on the type of engine) it's pretty good on fuel economy. Once you drive it a little harder, it goes like mad (could be better, but you do feel it kicking in well) but fuel economy goes out the window.

The airdam looks massive (and it is pretty big) but it's really not that bad when you see the rest of the car. The main reason I chose this one is that it makes the car longer by about 50cm... It follows the curve of the hood and then arcs back, making the whole front bumper look as though it hugs the front wheels, which looks nice. There's a rear bumper as well that sticks out the back giving the illusion of a heavy bump-bar behind it.

It's a long way from being done, though.
Quote from TagForce :Mine is definitely not king of anything... I just like the look of the Del Sol, but it's a little too "girly" in stock trim.
The VTEC design of the engine is very specifically chosen by Honda to have a car that can do both economy driving and sporty driving. As long as you stick below 4000 rpm (depends on the type of engine) it's pretty good on fuel economy. Once you drive it a little harder, it goes like mad (could be better, but you do feel it kicking in well) but fuel economy goes out the window.

Yeah I liked that generation design, the only thing I didn't quite like is what you said about the front end, but it was still good =) It probably does look good with the body kit on =)
The Vtec engine is a great engine, for everything you said, but if you wanted something that is meant for racing there are better engines out there.
Quote from Viper93 :Yeah I liked that generation design, the only thing I didn't quite like is what you said about the front end, but it was still good =) It probably does look good with the body kit on =)
The Vtec engine is a great engine, for everything you said, but if you wanted something that is meant for racing there are better engines out there.

If I wanted something that was meant for racing, I wouldn't have bought the Del Sol It can still keep up with a lot of "sporty" cars. Besides, the Targa Rooftop is a big plus in the 20+ weather we're having atm.
Quote from TagForce :If I wanted something that was meant for racing, I wouldn't have bought the Del Sol It can still keep up with a lot of "sporty" cars. Besides, the Targa Rooftop is a big plus in the 20+ weather we're having atm.

Yeah that nice =) I agree totally, i wasn't saying anything towards you, just whining in general =P
any1 have a ricer?
I drive a 1977 Volkswagen Beetle.
We have a 1967 Ford Mustang Coupe in the garage, half in pieces.
The everyday family car is a 2005 Ford Mustang.
And the winter vehicle is whatever we scrounge up for a few thousand dollars.
We also have a 1974 Chevy Nova next to the garage, be it hasn't run in 2 years; never got around to it.

i'll get picks of all of them today or tomorrow, if anyone is interested.

What's ur car?
(269 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG