The online racing simulator
Spanish GP
(37 posts, started )
I really hope Kimi will get a place in Ferrari next season. Obviously the McPiece'o'CrapLaren just can't keep up with the Renaults or the Ferraris. The Renaults were outrunning the McLaren when the McLarens were running on nearly dry tank and Renaults had been just re-fueled!

About the race itself, quite boring, as usual.
#28 - wE1l
Quote from tristancliffe :May I make reference to the brilliant world of Sniff Petrol yet again (see the off topic forum for my last insane thread about it).

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/AllenCampaign2006_02.gif

:ices_rofl

although you know I think Steve Rider is worse, he just can't stop starting a sentence without "how important is it..." I'd kill myself if he commentates for the race!!!!!:banghead:
Quote from keiran :You have to remember that F1 teams don't race to entertain the crowd, they will go for the best strategy possible. Whats the point in a driver wasting fuel, risking the car, wasting tyres etc stuck in the dirty air of the car in front. The aero on F1 cars make it to hard for the driver behind to follow through corners. We need the FIA to let the F1 teams use the floor of the car which I believe isn't so open to being affected by the dirty air effect.

In the end the team will do whats best for them, not the spectators. I'm pretty sure they know what there doing when they tell their drivers to knock the revs back and save fuel while stuck behind a car.

Keiran

What you are saying is right. But f-1 is not like the old days anymore.....What i mean to say is that other than a few guys i hardly see any passion in drivers (for whatever reasons).
Just watched the GP (I know I am late ), but I have to say it was kind of interesting, but not much happened.

I have one thing to bring up though. And somehow the commentators just LOVE to say that when someone is better, they ALWAYS blame it on the tires.... wtf?!? I mean respectfully, it could be true in terms of how well a tire can hold up at certain temps or whatnot, but still... there is a whole lot more than just the tires that can send someone to victory. I honestly think that the setups of the cars are just slightly different... If you think about the Renault versus the Ferraris, it is clear that the Renaults could be using a slight bit more of downforce. People say that the Ferraris are about the same, and that little wing on the front gives them more topend speed... but couldn't that also mean they have a bit less drag/wing?? Whatever it is, I think that it is quite possibly the cars and the drivers skill that make it all happen. They always have to say it is the tires. At least now I know they will shut up about it, because next year they said every team will be running Bridgestones. Good, now I hope they never speak of the tires again, and find something else to blame for being faster (like the driver or car! ).

Alonso was really fast, it was obvious he would win. I was hoping Schumi would have at least caught up, but he looked so relaxed and slower in the corners... hence my lower downforce reasoning. Whatever it was, the cars were very different in most areas.

Oh and I liked that camera on rails hanging in the air at the last sector, that was very cool. I wish LFS had some cameras like that

BTW, gotta love Montoya this season, lafff!!! He is a ruthless and very stupid driver in my opinion. Makes all kinds of mistakes, and blames them on the car. I heard that one lockup in the beginning of the last sector, he blamed that on the car too :rolleyes:. Seriously, he needs to leave F1, he isn't doing good there, and not a good job for McLaren either.
Quote from Tweaker :
BTW, gotta love Montoya this season, lafff!!! He is a ruthless and very stupid driver in my opinion. Makes all kinds of mistakes, and blames them on the car. I heard that one lockup in the beginning of the last sector, he blamed that on the car too :rolleyes:. Seriously, he needs to leave F1, he isn't doing good there, and not a good job for McLaren either.

+1 He should go back to ovals...n00b
#32 - Vain
Quote from Tweaker :Oh and I liked that camera on rails hanging in the air at the last sector, that was very cool. I wish LFS had some cameras like that

Didn't Hockenheim have that rail-camera earlier?

Vain
Dunno, never saw last season. But still, the fact that it chases the car alongside is quite nice. I also wonder if it can whip around and see the last corners too.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#34 - Vain
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah, the one they've got on the straight that leads to the stadium section? Great camera; they must've put it in around the same time they chopped the circuit in half and ruined it. illepall

You've gotta love race-organizers: "Come here, watch fearless men risk their live in racing! - Oh help, it might be possible to get hurt when driving here, better remove this section!"

Vain
Quote from zeeaq :What you are saying is right. But f-1 is not like the old days anymore.....What i mean to say is that other than a few guys i hardly see any passion in drivers (for whatever reasons).

tbh if the drivers had no passion for to be there then they wouldn't be there. You need to be motivated if your going to push the car to its limits. You have to remember that the drivers have to listen to their teams. You say that Kimi is the only one with 'balls' but the only reason he passed all them cars at the start was down to a good start. Yes it was great stuff for him to squeeze through the gap but in the end he didn't exactly do his last lap Suzuka 05 move.

The teams think of the race as a whole and not just that lap, if they are stuck behind someone they will tell there driver to save fuel, keep the car cool and thus try stay out longer than the driver in front. It's the FIA you have to blame for this sort of strategy, the teams have to be carefull with there engines because of silly rules.

The FIA keep changing the rules for "money" saving but in the end they make it cost more because the teams through all the money they can to improve and be ahead of the rest. Personally thats what I love about F1 is the smart thinking behind all the technology. I thought 05 was great seeing Kimi and the teams strategy unfold as he would push like hell to make places up in the pits.

Keiran
Quote from keiran :tbh if the drivers had no passion for to be there then they wouldn't be there. You need to be motivated if your going to push the car to its limits. You have to remember that the drivers have to listen to their teams. You say that Kimi is the only one with 'balls' but the only reason he passed all them cars at the start was down to a good start. Yes it was great stuff for him to squeeze through the gap but in the end he didn't exactly do his last lap Suzuka 05 move.

That exactly is my point "you need to be motivated to push the car to its limits"....tell me frankly then do all drivers actually push as mad as Kimi does...ok agreed we have team orders and we have all sorts of other things involved...but i have always believed that if the driver drives with motivation and passion then it shows.I never said Kimi was the only guy with passion out there.Neither did i say "ok gentlemen show us your passion...just blow your engines"

Even now when i watch a couple of older f-1 videos, i feel that the difference between then and now is sooo much....drivers like Mansel,Piquet,Senna,Prost,Mika or even Schumi(in the older days)
were doing other things than just obeying team orders.

Agreed that things have changed now but the one reason I like f-1 was because man and machine have an equal contribution in winning races.Formula One is a sport that depends on a lot of things.....winning a race would be a perfect combination of plans,strategies,setups,performance of the car and the driver.But of late i see this changing.The focus now seems to be more and infact only on the strategies and team orders....it seems that somehow this has also gotten into most of the drivers heads....they sort of seem to surrender to all these things....it seems to me like they even fail to put in an effort....and why not...they have so many things to blame.

Maybe i sound ridiculous but to me the side of F-1 that involves pushing to the limit and "taking charge" is more appealing.
Quote from keiran :. It's the FIA you have to blame for this sort of strategy, the teams have to be carefull with there engines because of silly rules.

The FIA keep changing the rules for "money" saving but in the end they make it cost more because the teams through all the money they can to improve and be ahead of the rest.

True

Spanish GP
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG