The online racing simulator
Anyone have experience with contact lens?
(48 posts, started )
Quote from Crashgate3 :It's been pretty conclusively proven that computer screens don't affect your eyesight, and also that wearing corrective lenses also doesn't make your eyes 'lazy' or anything, making your vision worse. You're only 14, possibly it's just the way you're body is growing that's causing much of it, and it'll sort itself out when you reach 20 or so. If you're short-sighted then you're in luck as most people will slowly tend towards long-sightedness as they get older, which in short-sighted people means your eyesight actually improves.

you dont even know how much relief that was
My friend wore contact lenses and he died. Be careful man.
i lol'd
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from Crashgate3 :
It's been pretty conclusively proven that computer screens don't affect your eyesight, and also that wearing corrective lenses also doesn't make your eyes 'lazy' or anything, making your vision worse. You're only 14, possibly it's just the way you're body is growing that's causing much of it, and it'll sort itself out when you reach 20 or so. If you're short-sighted then you're in luck as most people will slowly tend towards long-sightedness as they get older, which in short-sighted people means your eyesight actually improves.

Are you really sure about that?

I always thought that you could "train" your eyes. Or in other words, that they adjust over time.

Why is it that every few years i do a perception test, i need a slightly "stronger" correction? Why does my eyesight improve a little if i'm not wearing glasses for a few days and then if i wear them again, they feel stronger than before?

Quote from thisnameistaken :My friend wore contact lenses and he died. Be careful man.

I missed your posts.
they feel stronger because your eyes are used to the vegiterean perscription (horrible metaphore used here :tilt and when they go back to the glasses it is basicaly a new level of vision!
What i'm trying to say is... from my experience...

If i wear my glasses all the time, my eyes get used to it and my eyesight gets worse over time (new stronger glasses after new perception test a few years later).

If i don't wear them often, i feel like my eyesight is improving again. I got to a point where i could use old glasses again with a softer perception and they were perfect again.

When i first needed glasses, i couldn't read all the letters on the chalk board in school from way back in the room. Then i was wearing glasses all the time for years. These days, i can't read anything, even if it's written in fairly big letters, unless i'm not further away than about three meters. I say my eyes got used to glasses and have become "lazy".

Maybe i'm wrong about this, but it sure feels like my eyes adjusted over time (for the worse).

My mother stopped wearing glasses years ago (short sighted), and her eyesight has improved again over the years (which would somehow proove Crashgates point actually, and not mine... lol).

And back on topic: Go for it Tor! Just don't forget to take them out when you're drunk for days...
#32 - Migz
Quote from The Very End :
So if I understand right, they can be a bitch to put on? I might should just buy a week's supply of daily lences without correction, to get a hold on the putting-them-on thing, aswell to get used to that.

Bassicly, they're hard to put on at first, but after a while you get used to it.
But it gets very very annoying when your stuck infront of the mirror poking your eye trying to get the ****ing thing in.... and you've been there for about 20 minutes already.
I've had many times where ive been there so long ive started to cry, or ive become enraged and punched the wall.
It's just an absolute pain in the arse to put in, cause you'll get it on your eye, and then you go to blink but the ****ers dont stick to your eye they come off your eye and go onto your eyelid hair thingies.
After a few weeks of putting them in you'll get used to it.
Taking them out is piss easy though.
...when they fall dont panic

also when putting them in if you get the ones i tld you about they are pretty cheap (except the cleaner but you can switch) also when you get used to them they are comfortable, and pretty easy to get and stay in.
The annoying thing I found was that I'd push them up against my eye and the stupid things, instead of sticking would just turn inside-out on the end of my finger.

@jibber. You need stronger prescriptions every few years because your eyesight is slowly getting worse - it would be exactly the same if you didn't wear corrective lenses at all.

When you don't wear them for a few days, what's probably happening is that your brain gets used to how much it needs to adjust the lens for a given focus and takes a few hours to get used to the difference. I was talking about long-term, permanent changes.
This seems like a great amount of fun, even if I will look like a freak
I just need to find a propper place to buy a pair of crazy lens, and then there will be a picture.

Any suggestions?
red ones?
What I don't like about glasses/corrective lenses in general is that they alter your eyesight in ways other then focus. For example, with my glasses on, I see red/blue separating from edges of objects. It's hard to explain, but it's annoying and makes it feel like I'm looking at a poorly adjusted CRT projector.
Quote from logitekg25 :red ones?

White/black snakes eyes, cat eyes or some others.. first need a propper place to buy from.. Suggestions?

Quote from wheel4hummer :What I don't like about glasses/corrective lenses in general is that they alter your eyesight in ways other then focus. For example, with my glasses on, I see red/blue separating from edges of objects. It's hard to explain, but it's annoying and makes it feel like I'm looking at a poorly adjusted CRT projector.

Trail and error I guess?
I need to try various things before I drink myself to death
Quote from wheel4hummer :What I don't like about glasses/corrective lenses in general is that they alter your eyesight in ways other then focus. For example, with my glasses on, I see red/blue separating from edges of objects. It's hard to explain, but it's annoying and makes it feel like I'm looking at a poorly adjusted CRT projector.

Looking at this test pattern I can see what you mean. Stuff that isn't there appears at the edges of the lens. But I really can't tell any cromatic aberration when looking at stuff in reality.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... iopter_-_source_image.PNG
first off, scroll up a few posts (to my other post TVE!!)

and if you dont mind it not being perscripion, because you said earlier your eyes are pretty good, go to ebay?
Lol! No way I buy some crack-head-lenses on ebay
I trust shops, not people Tips for lens shop?

Yeah, my eyes are ok, I look ok with them
well, go to a shop and ask if you can special order some lenses...then just ask them what they can do to make them look cool, give a few examples like the red ones or something. (also ask about tinted lenses xD)
Quote from Crashgate3 :With mine, it's pretty easy to tell if they're inside out when you hold them on the end of your finger.

Mine has numbers written on them really small. If the numbers are backwards when looking at the contact on your finger ready to go in, the contact is the correct way. I sometimes can't tell just by how they are on the finger and have to look at the numbers, usually after I've attempted to put one in and it doesn't go in easily.

Quote from thisnameistaken :My friend wore contact lenses and he died. Be careful man.

Glad to see Kev back. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep this in mind.

Quote from logitekg25 :my vision keeps getting worse, and im 14!!

I first started wearing glasses when I was 9 (3rd grade.) My vision got progressively worse until I reached around age 19-20. I am still at the same prescription now as I was at 20 and I'm now 37.

Quote from Crashgate3 :The annoying thing I found was that I'd push them up against my eye and the stupid things, instead of sticking would just turn inside-out on the end of my finger.

I hate this. I get up at 5 am, eat a little breakfast, then it's immediately to the task of putting in the contacts. I pretty much start work as soon as I can get going and get to work, so it is quite annoying when the trouble starts with putting in the contacts. Once I give the first attempt, if it doesn't go in, when it does it is a little rough with the eye burning sensation for a little while. Just as bad is when you just get your finger up to your eye, and the contact flops over on your finger and the edge gets stuck on you finger. There's no way that is coming off the finger to stick to they eye.
Quote from mrodgers :I hate this. I get up at 5 am, eat a little breakfast, then it's immediately to the task of putting in the contacts. I pretty much start work as soon as I can get going and get to work, so it is quite annoying when the trouble starts with putting in the contacts. Once I give the first attempt, if it doesn't go in, when it does it is a little rough with the eye burning sensation for a little while. Just as bad is when you just get your finger up to your eye, and the contact flops over on your finger and the edge gets stuck on you finger. There's no way that is coming off the finger to stick to they eye.

this little bit of info enlightens me

i will be motivated to not hit the snooze by waking up and eating breakfast instead of right to the shower
Quote from Crashgate3 :http://www.google.no/#hl=no&am ... =&fp=d9f385fa442ec095

In fact, having a quick look at them, http://www.lensway.no/ seem ok. Choose 'Crazy Lenses' from the menu at the top for the coloured ones.

First off, better luck next time on track Logitek, you were a little unlucky in those races

Secondly, yeah, seems like a safe site to buy from. There is not a problem finding places that sells them, but I just want to make sure it's somewhat made / sold from people / sites that knows what they are doing. I don't want some bad product on my eyes that messes them up
What 'ya think I should go for on lensway? The one that looked more apealing were the black with the yellow pubil one, wolf something?
Quote from The Very End :There is not a problem finding places that sells them, but I just want to make sure it's somewhat made / sold from people / sites that knows what they are doing. I don't want some bad product on my eyes that messes them up

You'll find (at least, I found when I was looking for mine) that the sites don't make their own lenses, they just sell-on products so you'll find a lot of the sites sell the same branded lenses, like the Crazy Lenses I pointed out. This is a good thing as you know the lens itself is going to be ok, and you're just really choosing the service when you pick a site.

Best way to choose a colour is to find a picture of yourself and photoshop the lenses in.
Quote from The Very End :That's fine, but do they actually work? Have seen some really cool stuff on internet, but not sure if I belive the results shown in the pictures.

I guess the x-ray vision gimmick never gets old.
-
Contact Lens Online (MaryPaul) DELETED by SamH : Spam bot

Anyone have experience with contact lens?
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG