The online racing simulator
Psu
(7 posts, started )
Psu
How about if u tell us why u need it. What cards it needs to feed. What case u got. What ... everything. We cant assume, if we do then u will buy it and then u will be dissapointed because it doesnt fit or its not enough powerful.'

Edit: And next time, choose the right section.
ok i had a cheap one and it blew up on me so i want a better one its for a 8800GTS Ge Force the case is quite small
Avoid cheap PSUs like the plague.

They rarely supply the power ratings advertised, the voltages are less stable and if (when) they go boom they're a lot more likely to take out other components too.

Go for named brands, even if it means paying a bit more:

Antec
Coolermaster
Enermax
Thermaltake
Corsair
Zalman
Asaka

I'd recommend the Antec Basiq PSUs if you're on a budget, you really can't go wrong with them: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/500W-Antec-Basiq-Power-PSU
my pc is

Acer

Q6600: @2.40 2.40
Memory: (RAM) 4.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating system
Nvidia GeForce 7100 / Nvidia nForce 630i

The reson i need a Good PSU is because o have a another graphic card GeForce 8800GTs.

So what PSU should i take paste links please

Money limit is 40.00 GBP - 45.00GBP thanks.
P.S.
bought another psu today and it blew up in 20 mins when i was playing Colin Mcrae DiRt. going to give the PSU back i bought it for 35.00GBP and its "AlphaPower 450W on ebay 800W AlphaPower costs 30.00GBP
So it blew up because it was CHEAP ? thanks !!!
Quote from deiwisxxx :my pc is

Acer

Q6600: @2.40 2.40
Memory: (RAM) 4.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating system
Nvidia GeForce 7100 / Nvidia nForce 630i

The reson i need a Good PSU is because o have a another graphic card GeForce 8800GTs.

So what PSU should i take paste links please

Money limit is 40.00 GBP - 45.00GBP thanks.
P.S.
bought another psu today and it blew up in 20 mins when i was playing Colin Mcrae DiRt. going to give the PSU back i bought it for 35.00GBP and its "AlphaPower 450W on ebay 800W AlphaPower costs 30.00GBP
So it blew up because it was CHEAP ? thanks !!!

Look for the Corsair 400cx. It should be fine for your setup. If you don't mind spending a little more, the 450vx will be fine too. That's plenty of power for a 8800 series card and a quad.

Psu
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG