The online racing simulator
Well...
(15 posts, started )
Well...
After a long year or more away from LFS. Yes, i know how did i survive, but i managed it!

Anyway just a wee question. How much has LFS come on? I'm thinking about getting back into it. Porbablo a stupid question to be asking, but worth getting back in yes or no? Are all the cruise servers still in existence? They were really annoying back in the day.
Well I can safely say, nothing had changed during the year you have been gone. (Update wise) (S3 and Rockingham has been announced, + another new car)

There are even more (IMO) cruise servers online at the moment, and even more stupid people.
Hmmm....more cruise servers and stupid people is definatley not a good sign.

Still might come back, there is bound to be a few good servers out there.
There is, LR Race Servers are good

Can't keep up with anyone there :S
Will need to give it a go again, get down the DFP from the loft and set it all up!

I remember Redline Racing was it, is that server still around? I liked that one.
Quote from DevilDare :Well I can safely say, nothing had changed during the year you have been gone. (Update wise) (S3 and Rockingham has been announced, + another new car)

There are even more (IMO) cruise servers online at the moment, and even more stupid people.

where did s3 get announced?
Quote from DevilDare :(Update wise) (S3 and Rockingham has been announced, + another new car)

Never seen your update. I remeber when i was here they said S3 wouldn't be for nearly 4 years or so. When has it been announced for?
#8 - garph
No offense guy but just install the game and play. If you want to know the updates then depending on what patch you last played it will tell you on the main LFS site or test patch thread.

People can say all they want but the only person that will know if it's worth it is you.

S3 hasn't been annouced.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=60716
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=61623

That's pretty much all you need to know, basically, there is loads of stuff planned but nothing has changed.
I probably will end up playing anyway, but just wanted other peoples oppinions. Is that not what forums are for? Discussion?
Ofcourse but no one can tell you if you'll like it or not or if it's worth it or not, that's all.
Well they didnt say the release date for S3. But they said it will be out. Oh wait, everyone knew that already
Quote from garph :Ofcourse but no one can tell you if you'll like it or not or if it's worth it or not, that's all.

I was really only wanting general oppinions such as if there is too many stupid folk on the road, or all the servers are dead etc...i enjoyed the game before so don't see why i wouldn't now, it was more for the "community" point of view.
Every few months I load up LFS and have a look at the servers. Here in the US it's a million cruise, a million demo, and maybe 3 servers with 2 or 3 people on each for anything else.

I look, put the wheel back away again, and go do something else....
Come to Europe, then the time zone is more of a help for you.
Last time I checked there were 125 servers with people on.

Well, nothing has changed on the last year, but some good servers have appeared between all the cruise, drift and demo servers. I'll take a minute telling you some of the servers in details.

For example we have FM servers, which usually offers great FOX / formula racing. The only problem with it is the people it attacts, but usually there are admins on the server that cleans the mess out.
Usually the races are in such a lenght it takes around 5+ minutes to completele them. Admins on this server is fair, maybe a little rough sometimes, but I guess that is needed when you trying to take controll over 32 mad people trying to win in turn 1

A other server we have is the AMR GTR (I think that is the name) server. Here it's Aston National with the GTR cars, and usually set up for 6 laps and a mandatory pit stop. Usually good fun, alltho the admins seems to be too picky on "you sweared, ban" , or "you using chase view, ban" and things like that, but at most times they are overcomeable

A server which offers the best TBO racing at the moment is the Ready 2 Roll server(s). The FXO needs restrictions on this server, which makes the races more close and great fun. The lenght are longer than the two other servers mention aboved. The server has a insim that let the race run for 10 minutes + one lap. That means that you drive as far as you can on 10 minutes, then when time runs out you have to cross start/finish and then one more lap. The admins here are really great, and I yet have to find anything wrong about them. Also it seems that this server is not as much populated as the two above, which results in cleaner race, since it's a hardcore "core" that seems to race on this server. Usually 5-10+ cars, and not 30+ as the two above.

Then we have the server that holds the most similarities to CTRA at the moment, the LR racing server. Here we have point system, ranking system, reporting system, weekly championship and more, and usually there is great racing to be found on this server. The server is set up with XFG+XRG, and the TBO class aviable for the ones that has climbed the ranks. But as everything else, it has it's downfalls, or two. The first one is the horror of midfield racing. Since the server is popular it attracst many different people, and even as it attracts some old forgotten legends and veterans, there is many rookies there aswell. So my personal tip - fall back and try surviving lap 1, then go full speed and hope on setting a time which let you start higher on the ranking in next race. The other - is the admins. I know, they are great and it's actually nothing they do wrong, it's more about.. doing anything hehe. Personally I would like to see them more strict and kicking people more instead of going through the botter of reporting wreckers and such. But that again, is a little - and overal the server is probally the best out there at the moment!

Then I have chosed to tell about RallyX server. I am not sure on the name, but it's some norwegian server at least. This server utilizes a great feature for anyone familiar with rallycross - jokerlaps. Also they have ranking system, penalty system and a overal pretty solid insim, it's the airo's system, but developed a bit further for personal use I think. Either way, rallycross and specially on this server is a little rough, so prepare for knuckledusting battles, and prepare that you will have a spin every now and then, but hey - it's rallcross
I think this server offers the best rallycross experience in LFS at the moment, and the jokerlap system makes it much interesting.
The admins are lacking on this server, so that's probally the only - it gets from me, but again, overall pretty damn good.

Hope this helps you. And keep in mind, there are a lot of good servers out there, so just try and fail the various servers til you find something suitable.
Very nice "The Very End."

Cheers

Well...
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG