The online racing simulator
Game went back to demo
(26 posts, started )
Game went back to demo
I have been playing LFS for about 4 months now. My game got a little bit screwed up with some cars not displaying..they were see through. So i re-installed the game and now it wont let me play the map i always played on and the car that i always used. It says something about need S1 or S2 licence. How come they have been blocked now?
Most likely you had a previous version that allowed more cars. For demo racers, (you), the newest version (Z) only allows XFG, XRG, and FBM as far as cars go and only Blackwood for tracks. I have heard that previous versions (such as X) allowed more cars.
Quote from roadrash17 :Most likely you had a previous version that allowed more cars. For demo racers, (you), the newest version (Z) only allows XFG, XRG, and FBM as far as cars go and only Blackwood for tracks. I have heard that previous versions (such as X) allowed more cars.

Older versions (Patch X) Didnt allow more car amount, but it offered XRT instead of FBM (which wasnt released yet).

@Chris, what map you played before and which car(s) you used then?
Maybe he was racing BL1 reverse.
Fern bay with XR GT Turbo
This is licensed content. You have a demo account. Something doesn't add up.
well all i did was install the game and then register online and play it

then i had to reinstall it and it never worked again
Where did you download it from?

E: The original version where you were able to use Fern Bay, I mean.
#9 - senn
Quote from 132chris :well all i did was install the game and then register online and play it

then i had to reinstall it and it never worked again

When you say Register, if all you did is create a user name,then that doesn't give you access to licenced content. To be able to access the content you speak of, you'd need to buy an s2/s1 licence (it's about $56 australian dollars iirc EDIT: Damn! good exchange rate, only $42 now, BARGAIN!) go thru https://www.lfs.net/?page=shop

The track you mentioned has never been available for free, so we can only assume someone gave you a link to a cracked version.
This thread only means one thing: 132chris is not this user's only account.
Umm i downloaded this game from the official site from the torrent link it gave me. mods you can check my ip ect ect for other account i may have ( I don't have any other accounts ) Maybe something glitched that gave me those maps?
#12 - senn
so what you are saying, is that instead of logging in on his S2 account, he created a new demo account, to ask why he can't access S2 content?

So by that logic, he doesn't know the username/password for his S2 account, and should contact the devs for assistance, yes?
Well it was a nice glitch while it lasted.

LFS demo only gives you Blackwood, the XFG, XRG and the FBM.
it was fun while it lasted. I might buy the game soon when my brother pays me the $317 he owes me
#15 - senn
Do it while the aussie dollar is doing so well, it's so cheapppppp
I might.. I need to think about it. I need a G25........... keyboard is sooo silly :S all up this game is going to cost me like $300 haha
Downloading from lfs.net has never involved anything to do with torrents AFAIK.

EDIT: Yes it does, i didnt realise that, as i download it from the link to gamershell, which is a zip.

Although fern bay has never been part of the demo content, ever.
Nice save in the edit
#20 - senn
Quote from 132chris :I might.. I need to think about it. I need a G25........... keyboard is sooo silly :S all up this game is going to cost me like $300 haha

Yeah local wholesaler now has the G25 for $299AUD (still more than i paid a year ago) Hopefully the G27 will continue to push the price down. u could always do what i did originally, use a cheap joystick until u can afford a wheel. It's not the best, but it's better than mouse/kb
some cars went see through? you were using VOB mods, then you got worried, re installed, and all you gotta do is re enter your S2 and password and unlock the game.
Quote from Drift1r :some cars went see through? you were using VOB mods, then you got worried, re installed, and all you gotta do is re enter your S2 and password and unlock the game.

From what the OP first said, he has never had an s1 or s2 license as far as i can tell.
Quote from Drift1r :some cars went see through? you were using VOB mods, then you got worried, re installed, and all you gotta do is re enter your S2 and password and unlock the game.

Quote from 132chris :it was fun while it lasted. I might buy the game soon when my brother pays me the $317 he owes me

Reading things really helps some times.
Quote from 132chris :I might.. I need to think about it. I need a G25........... keyboard is sooo silly :S all up this game is going to cost me like $300 haha

If it does end up costing you 300$ then get it, it's worth it's money!
Quote from tinky winky :If it does end up costing you 300$ then get it, it's worth it's money!

Worth the money for you, maybe. Not necessarily for him.
-
(ntvinh986) DELETED by SamH

Game went back to demo
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG