6-year-old Colorado boy floats away in balloon [or not]
Top news on CNN, take a look HERE for details.

Haha, holy crap, that's one childprank to do

Let's hope he gets safe home after his little exploration. This is almost as legendary as spacebat btw!
Haha, Thats a story to tell when he gets back to school.
Let's hope he comes back in one piece at least
I just read it in the paper and saw the video. Crazy!

He's pretty high up
The thing they fear now is the oxcygen (oxygen?), on 2000M it will be hard to breath, and on 5000M it will be dangerous / not bareable. Also long time in that hight can cause various problems.

Edit : The ballon has landed, but the boy was not in it
probably jumped off with a smaller balloon
Erhm
Splatterrrrrr
Stated some posts ago, but yeah
Let's hope there is somehow an explenation for it, and not just that he fell out...
I have a bad feeling he did.

Lets hope he didnt tho. Although it will be quite hard to find him if he did, falling from such heights, your body would tore into several pieces on impact.
Uhm, well that's problly quite obvious if you fall from 2000 meters aye?
Yeah, so I am saying it might just remain a mistery what happened to him.
Aye, i see the point now
Liter of helium lifts about 1 gram. Not knowing the exact dimensions of the ball and the weight of the kid it's hard to say if it could have lifted him to air.

But if we presume the ball was a cube and 20 by 5 by 5 feet as stated in the article, it should be able to lift about 13,5 kg.

e. So it was a dome, well, someone else can do the math for that.
"The 6-year-old Colorado boy who is believed to have set adrift a helium balloon Thursday, prompting ground and air searches, has been found alive, authorities said."

edit: He was found in a box in the attic at his family's Fort Collins home, according to authorities. ... o_O
what a stupid little mother****er.
Quote from Blackout :Liter of helium lifts about 1 gram. Not knowing the exact dimensions of the ball and the weight of the kid it's hard to say if it could have lifted him to air.

But if we presume the ball was a cube and 20 by 5 by 5 feet as stated in the article, it should be able to lift about 13,5 kg.

e. So it was a dome, well, someone else can do the math for that.

Even by those numbers, it's not capably of lifting even a skinny 6 years old.
Seems like a publicity stunt by father who probably was well aware of how much lift it could generate since it's the most important thing you need to know when designing something like this.
Link in the first post updated "1 hour and 28 minutes ago..."

Falcon Heene was found in a box in the attic of his family's Fort Collins home, according to authorities.

Duh, he wasn't in the balloon in the first place...
total publicity stunt by some ugly dude (havnt seen pictures, but he's a meteorologist) trying to resurect a failed television career.
Now people, don't be too nice here (yeah that was irony).

Well, lets hope it's not some retarded stunt by the parrents, but an misunderstanding. Either way, good to hear the kid's safe.
Hah, I knew it.
Similar to the Leona Lewis story. Why is this even news? It happened in the USA for a start. Its totally irrelevant to us over here. Children go missing for real over here every day and the media is reporting some crap about a stupid kid who hid from his parents. In another country !!!
#24 - Migz
I agree with Becky, seems like a publicity stunt.

"In a later interview with CNN's "Larry King Live," Falcon said he heard his parents call for him from the garage. When asked by his father on-air why he didn't respond, the boy replied, "You guys said we did this for the show."
When the father was pressed by Wolf Blitzer, who was filling in for King, to explain what his son meant, he became uncomfortable, finally saying he was "appalled" by the questions, and then adding that Falcon was likely referring to all the media coverage."
mhmm. When in doubt, the most cynical answer is usually correct.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG