The online racing simulator
Quote from mutt107 :once lfs gets it we can compare

I have the funny idea of once i get forza 3 buy a scirroco and make a LFS world skin
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I have the funny idea of once i get forza 3 buy a scirroco and make a LFS world skin

i would buy that if you make one
Insidesimracing reviews FM3

Some notable, quoteables.......

Quote :"Anything under $100 [this game] would be worth it"

"Ultra sim everything"

"Most realistic clutch in a game"

"One of the highest rated ever"

"I'm blown away"

"I would buy a 360 just for this game"

Physics: 13/15

Cars: 9.75/10

Multiplayer: 3/5 (only 8 players)

Graphics: 9.5/10

Fun Factor: 9.25/10

Damage: 5/5

AI: 4.25/5

Sound: 9.5/10

Tracks: 9.25/10

Force Feedback: 7.75/10 (Slip FFB is too quick)

Presentation: 3.75/5

Cost: 5/5 ("Anything under $100 is worth it)

Total: 89//100

I think 89/100 is the highest ever rating for a racing game from ISR yet
Ask them?
i am getting the LCE the day it comes out
Quote from mutt107 :i am getting the LCE the day it comes out

im going trading in nearly all my ps3 games my forza 2 just for the lce for the release cars
Wow.. that's a great review. Seems like a very exciting title! I envy you 360 owners!
Quote from Gills4life :I wonder how much they were paid to do that review!

I think it's no joke, this reaally seems like a paid review 5/5 for damage, 9.5 for graphics? "Ultra sim everything"
And no disrespect for Sean and (i forgot the other guy's name), they seem like cool guys, but they also seem like the guys who never drove anything other then pick-up automatic on a highway
For clarification: In my upcoming post, there will be smilies. Any comment made that is followed by a smiley, usually the smiley should be taken as a joke and not be taken seriously. Anyone found taking these comments to seriously will be subject to even more comments and possibly sarcasm also.

Quote from Boris Lozac :I think it's no joke, this reaally seems like a paid review 5/5 for damage, 9.5 for graphics? "Ultra sim everything"
And no disrespect for Sean and (i forgot the other guy's name), they seem like cool guys, but they also seem like the guys who never drove anything other then pick-up automatic on a highway

Changed from Forza 3 bashing to Forza 3 reviewer bashing,eh?

To be honest, while I also think some of those scores were a bit high, I wonder whether it was a case of scored against the competition as it stands. So because in the past they have scored a game at 4/5 for damage and FM3 does it better they have to then score FM3 higher even though the damage isn't all the great.

Either way looks promising that even ISR like it. Less than 2 weeks to go now
Quote from Boris Lozac :I think it's no joke, this reaally seems like a paid review 5/5 for damage, 9.5 for graphics? "Ultra sim everything"

They've played it, you haven't, pretty much nuff said in my book.

As for the "paid review", personally, I'd find that highly offensive.
I have to agree that that review seems a bit too "generous". Of course, some things depend on how you interpret them. Like "Most realistic clutch in a game". Surely they mean a console game? In which case they should have explicitly said it. "Ultra sim everything"? Again, surely they're just talking about console games? Graphics 9.5/10? That seems a bit much as well. I don't find that review to be representative in any way. Then again, in the end a review is just one (or several) person's opinion of a game and as such is usually not 100% objective
Reviews are always subjective, they are written by human beings
And just because another game might have higher polycounts or better textures doesn't mean that people aren't going to prefer the "lesser" one. Maybe they rated the graphics as 9.5 because of the frame rate or the environments rather than the raw appearance of the car models or textures. You never know what's going through people's minds when they judge something.

You have to remember that hardcore sims like LFS and iRacing are still a serious niche market, and most people - particularly console gamers - aren't going to know anything about them. So why should a reviewer consider that tiny fraction of the population in a review when nobody else will care? It's a waste of time.

Being pedantic just because you happen to know a lot about that area is silly. In the same way that a veteran soldier won't slag off Arma or Op Flashpoint because despite the "sim" name it's still not actually like real war. Or a guitar virtuoso mocking rhythm games because it's not actually like playing a real instrument. It's accepted that a simulation of any kind is a software alternative, not a 100% accurate recreation.

Only hardcore geeks are going to sit down and compare (for example) the realism of the clutch across a load of games. Hell, even I don't care that much, and I'm a fan of the genre. Fun has to be the primary goal.
Simulation has nothing to do with realism, simulation is just that, simulating something, its just that "we" expect the term simulation to mean full-on realism, when it fact it actually doesn't.
Boris is juts a troling idiot.

@ donaowati agree with u mate i stil tyhink this game wil be epic over 400 fully tunable cars i mean mygod that an awfull lot of cars
It's not that many more than Forza 2 had though - it launched with about 310 and got a load more via DLC Still wish they'd lost the pointless Mazdaspeed Familia and stuck a 323F in it's place though.

Can't deny I'm looking forward to it though. Which starting car is everyone going for? I'm thinking mine will probably be the Fiesta, but I might choose something else just to be different
Don't get me wrong, FM3 is by no means perfect, there are a number of things that I would change about it.

I am going for the Honda Fit as a starting car, with a Spoon sports paint scheme and a type R engine
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Boris is juts a troling idiot.

Oh ffs i won't say a thing anymore.. Cut your fingers everyone so you can skip the work/school for the launch
Quote from Dajmin :Can't deny I'm looking forward to it though. Which starting car is everyone going for? I'm thinking mine will probably be the Fiesta, but I might choose something else just to be different

Fiesta for me Being a Ford man, I have to really. It'll be upgraded to a Focus once I have the money for it, then the Focus ST will be upgraded/downgraded and will probably be my sole car for as many events as it lets me do with it! Although I might use the RS instead of the ST. Will see how the game goes.
Quote from Dajmin :You have to remember that hardcore sims like LFS and iRacing are still a serious niche market, and most people - particularly console gamers - aren't going to know anything about them. So why should a reviewer consider that tiny fraction of the population in a review when nobody else will care? It's a waste of time.

You're absolutely right, but this review was done by SimRacingTonight, which is focused on that particular niche market. Sure, they discuss less hardcore sims as well, but I would say it's fair to say that a great part - if not the majority - of their audience are simracing "geeks" (as you like to call them).

That being said, my post had nothing to do with whether or not FM3 is a hardcore sim, because we all know it's not. I just said that I think that review gave too high a score, nothing more. I also said that I'm aware that any review is just someone's personal opinion and as such is subjective to personal taste. I'm just stating my opinion - being that I think those scores are too high -, that's all
Surely they can't ALL be wrong?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Oh ffs i won't say a thing anymore.. Cut your fingers everyone so you can skip the work/school for the launch

No, that’s only people who don’t have forward enough planning to book it off in the first place. You can say whatever you like as long as it is no way trolling or anything negative about forza 3 because we all know it is teh bestest game in the world ever !!1!11!!!one!!1eleven!

Anyway, I love jap cars so was thinking the jazz however, I am liking the idea of cosworth-ing the fiesta so I will decide on the day I think.
I can't remember what the last starter car is. Jazz, Fiesta and..?
Course I'll also have my M3 E92 as well as the R8 V10, but I guess they don't count

And one review saying something makes it opinion, but once they all say the same thing you have to start believing there's something in it

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG