The online racing simulator
help, car so twitchy
(11 posts, started )
help, car so twitchy
using a thrustmaster game pad atm and it used to be ok on the old computer, but now at high speeds the slightest turn on it and im having to correct the over steer and 100% of the time end up spinning

any ideas? :/
What do you expect from a gamepad since it uses digital controls?
so is there any way to fix it ?
Quote from Revolt :so is there any way to fix it ?

Buy a wheel.
Really this is a case of simple computer science.
Digital controls can only be either on or off,0 or 1.
So it's easy to understand that when you turn ,the steering wheel locks fully to a side.
A wheel,on the other hand,has a range of 0-1024(the number may vary depending on bits available) and therefore has a pretty big amount of intermediate positions to work with.
Yes,there are some people that can set WR's on a gamepad but they train hard on that and have their very special configuration.
there analogue sticks though so its not a case of full lock or nothing
Quote from IlGuercio :Buy a wheel.
Really this is a case of simple computer science.
Digital controls can only be either on or off,0 or 1.
So it's easy to understand that when you turn ,the steering wheel locks fully to a side.
A wheel,on the other hand,has a range of 0-1024(the number may vary depending on bits available) and therefore has a pretty big amount of intermediate positions to work with.
Yes,there are some people that can set WR's on a gamepad but they train hard on that and have their very special configuration.

+1

I was gonna try and make a working handbrake lever using an old game pad button but couldnt do it because of this on or off thing as i wanted it to come on and off gradually depending how far i pulled the lever, but i couldnt.
Quote from Revolt :there analogue sticks though so its not a case of full lock or nothing

Try calibrating the axis' in the control panel

My PS3 gamepad is set up nicely, so you'll have to just mess about with your settings in game, and in the control panel to get what feels right

Yup, if your gamepad got the 2 analog sticks then it`s all about the settings.
Quote from vladvlad :Yup, if your gamepad got the 2 analog sticks then it`s all about the settings.

yeah it does but im not really sure about how i can change the sensitivity
It doesn't help that much. I have a 360 pad set up to play LFS and it's still twitchy as hell with 90 degree wheel lock and no compensation. Throttle and brake work nicely, but the steering is always going to be far more than you need at high speeds - that tiny amount of movement translates to far more in-game.

Games like GTR2 and rFactor have a control option that scales your steering according to speed so you don't accidentally hit full lock in 0.1s, but LFS doesn't yet.

help, car so twitchy
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG