The online racing simulator
Car physics, the basics
(4 posts, started )
Car physics, the basics
Would anyone be interested in a guide for learning the basics of car physics? If anyone is intersted I could make it in power point and create a nice slide show with graphics and everything. The next stage of this project would be the basics of car setups. The other thing is there anything out that already does this? I looked through the forum and didn't see much.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Bob Smith's advanced setup guide is pretty good.

My vote: Powerpoint is a terrible format for presenting any information at all. In fact if you did produce it in Powerpoint, I wouldn't even be able to view it.

Ok, thanks for the info I will see what other options I can do. I will check his guide out to see if it covers what I wanted to cover.

*edit* http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1738 is a good guide =) I got the idea that maybe people needed something more from all the people I get saying they do not know how to setup cars, I think they should read this. This thread is useless and can be deleted now. People just need to search harder(hmm maybe I should have listened to my own advice =)
The guide hasn't been updated for patch U, I was just about ready to comment on the changes in patch P/Q (it takes lots of playing around to learn their ins and outs) and I'm learning again. But I think it's only mainly the tyres section that will need much changing.
Quote from Bob Smith :The guide hasn't been updated for patch U, I was just about ready to comment on the changes in patch P/Q (it takes lots of playing around to learn their ins and outs) and I'm learning again. But I think it's only mainly the tyres section that will need much changing.

Yeah, one thing I think would be good to put in is showing graphically contact patches and weight transfer, that might help people not understanding totally maybe =)

Car physics, the basics
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG