The online racing simulator
lfs and xfire not working together at all
ok i will try to make it simple

when i start lfs normally nothing happens with xfire at all.

when i start it through xfire it enables but there is no menu music, and no replays, and no custom controls (probably options in general)

i have to find lfs manually and when i do all it shows is the data and docs folder, should i try a fresh install following exactly the instructional video?

i really need to record some videos, and the xfire forum does not help at all...
Last time I checked... (like a sec ago) LFS and xfire was working fine together.
So if you have LFS main directory selected on the games tab like this:

x Manual Setup
Game path:
D:\Games\LFS (or something like this)

Then you have to search the problem elsewhere.
I found a few applications that not like to run together whit xfire.
Did you installed something new recently?

...or maybe you have two separete install of LFS.. and the one set to xfire is broken.
Happened whit me before. Whit test patches.
I just did a full copy from the main LFS directory, and applied the patch to the copyed one. But Xfire didn't detected it because it was set to the old one.
Xfire can only detect 1 LFS.
ya, i probably just dont know how to install something
Xfire > Tools > Options > Games > manual setup, Find LIve For Speed on the list click Manualy setup, Browse and point it to your lfs.exe file. Then CLICK Apply

simples
tried, diddnt work
sorry for double post, but i want this to have a subscription boldness thing. i got it to work launching through xfire only...havent tried doing the whole enable thing. but the fresh install made me re-do all of the buttons and such, so somehow, my screen is less wide looking. how do i fix this. because of this it looks like my field of vew is less, and everything. i can not drift or race or anything with my car being like that. i crash like crazy...what do i do!!!
You have to manually find LFS in Xfire, that way it works, it never worked automatically.
Depends where you install it. As far as I know, Xfire only checks common install paths rather than searching the registry. So if you install it to the default location it should find it automatically.
But otherwise, the method above is the only way forward.

And surely to get your screen looking the way you want it to, you'll need to repeat what you did the first time round to make it look that way. I'm assuming you didn't back-up whatever .cfg file it is that covers screen layout, because if you had you'd know where to restore your old one
crap...so the cfg file has what i need...i thought i wouldnt need that

why do i have to empty my recycle bin so often

lfs and xfire not working together at all
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG