The online racing simulator
g25 clamp knobs
(17 posts, started )
g25 clamp knobs
Hi,

i just bought g25 and i have a little problem.

The clamp knobs on the whell does not pop up.....

At the shift all ok...but i can't release (popup) the wheel knobs.

Any ideas before i go back to the store?
#2 - JJ72
tried pressing down and twisting them?
mine does that they ain't broken they are just tight
JJ72

yes i tried and tried and tried....counterclockwise as the manual says..nothing

Luke.S

so you also can't popout them or i must do somethinf else?
Ok, just to check again:

You are sure you pushed down on the knob and then turned counter-clockwise while still pushing down?
yes......and the shifter works just fine..

but the whell doesn't
sometimes they get jammed. I just have to leave them for a bit
#8 - CSU1
Quote from Luke.S :sometimes they get jammed. I just have to leave them for a bit

???

use the force
Are you talking about the shifter? I think this is the reason they left it out on the G27.
Quote from marzman :Are you talking about the shifter? I think this is the reason they left it out on the G27.

Don't you read? He clearly said that he is having clamp issues on his wheel.

To the OP. If the wheel is already clamped to a service (im guessing now as you can't get them loose)? If you can, try and get to the underside of the clamps and wiggle them around slightly. If that doesn't work, find the bolt at the end of the clamps, at the bottom. Get a cloth, and put that over the bolt, then get the right sized spanner and carefully try to undo the threads, but only a little, and then wiggle them around to try and free them up, and tighten up the bolt again. Hopefully, this should help break the contact and provide some smooth clampedge.
When the one i had did this i just pulled it off the desk, eat some weetabix and try again tomorrow
will do and tell you what happened
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Don't you read? He clearly said that he is having clamp issues on his wheel.

You could have a little more friendly attitude, yes I read. Yesterday evening I had trouble imagining what clamp knobs are. As you know for some people English is not the first language and clamp knobs was not in my vocabulary.
Ok...
i followed Nathan_French_14 suggestion...

(but also others) said i worked them from the bottom screw....suddenly one popped out.

I believe that the other one will also work.

Don't worry...english is not my nature language...as i am from Greece.

Thnks for your help.

One popped out? So do you mean it's broken or it's working now? If it's working then i'm glad you've managed to get it working.
it's working.....yeeeaaahhhhh!!!!
Quote from marzman :You could have a little more friendly attitude, yes I read. Yesterday evening I had trouble imagining what clamp knobs are. As you know for some people English is not the first language and clamp knobs was not in my vocabulary.

If you didn't know what clamp knobs were why were you replying to a question relating to a problem with the clamp knobs?

Besides, the OP said multiple times that "the shifter works fine but the wheel doesn't" or something similar so you could have guessed that it was not about the shifter

g25 clamp knobs
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG