The online racing simulator
Test Track, like the Autocross
I was wondering, in future versions will we be getting a longer road to test out larger drag times than just 1/4 of a mile? Like possibly a mile or two in total length.
I would like a top speed test track, and one of those test-track road courses, where it is just asphalt, no corner marshalls, etc.
It's been brought up before. I know there is a long thread around here actually about having a longer dragstrip. The best idea I heard about was having a multi-lane drag strip with an adjustable slider to control the length of it.
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
I'd like to see a 5km drag strip.
I would really like to see an all-in-one track that would take care of a lot of these requests. That way we don't end up with a dozen test tracks, and Eric would have to do less work. Here's what I'd like to see:

A very large oval similar to the one in Gran Turismo. This would allow for top speed testing and using the straights would be good for 0-60, 0-100, 0-100-0, half-mile, etc. Inside the big oval would be a smaller, half mile dirt oval (hopefully we'd eventually see a stock car or sprint car to go with it). Inside the dirt oval would be an off-road "stadium racing" style track that's all dirt. This would be great fun in the current RallyX car setups, but would be even better with an off-road truck.

This proposal shouldn't really need any new textures, and the modelling should be quite easy compared to any of the other tracks. Most of the textures and models could probably be imported from other tracks (like Kyoto) with only slight changes.
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
Quote from Cue-Ball :A very large oval similar to the one in Gran Turismo. This would allow for top speed testing and using the straights would be good for 0-60, 0-100, 0-100-0, half-mile, etc. Inside the big oval would be a smaller, half mile dirt oval (hopefully we'd eventually see a stock car or sprint car to go with it). Inside the dirt oval would be an off-road "stadium racing" style track that's all dirt. This would be great fun in the current RallyX car setups, but would be even better with an off-road truck.

That would be great. But the oval should be a perfect circle a la Millbrook/Nardo.

Instead of the hald mile dirt, a half mile tarmac would be great. Or as well as.
#8 - herki
I would like to see an Airfield ... it has plenty good options for Autocross, as seen in Top Gear
LOL! Great idea all the top speed and accelaration and stuff
I would really like 5 miles at least, of open space to drive on, and have it wide. Would be nice to take a spin at 180mph, just for the heck of it.

Maybe I should make a test track in 3D Max and keep it low poly, and texture it using existing textures and see if the dev's approve. I've made cities before in 3D Max for driving games. Lol, would be nice but doubtfull.
That airfield is a good idea.
I fully support that.
Also, in addition to just a longer track, suspension testing would be nice too. Everything from a straight road with multiple hills, to roads with bumps built into it .etc

Many other things could be made.
I would like to see and option to just type in a size of a rectangular piece of pavement.

I've only even been to one autox venue that i could set up in lfs. Lfs's course is too narrow for all the others.

So I'd like a single player only Autox pad that before loading you could type in m1Xm2 for the size and the game would render it. If it's too big and crashes your comp that's your problem.
Quote from Shinomori :I would like to see and option to just type in a size of a rectangular piece of pavement.

I've only even been to one autox venue that i could set up in lfs. Lfs's course is too narrow for all the others.

So I'd like a single player only Autox pad that before loading you could type in m1Xm2 for the size and the game would render it. If it's too big and crashes your comp that's your problem.

I try the In-Game-Track-Editor and saw that the aera is to small for good layouts. An area u can choice how large it should be, is nearly what i want - only for multiplayers too.... and some more objects (kerbs, greenareas, pits,...)
Quote from herki :I would like to see an Airfield ... it has plenty good options for Autocross, as seen in Top Gear

I really love this idea, a big airfield with all kind of corners and a crazy long straight to really try the top speed, aswell as acceleration and so on. on a airfield like that there would also be great possibility to create really fun layouts. Only thing I'd like to see in the layout editor is curbs!

Quote from wheel4hummer :I would like a top speed test track, and one of those test-track road courses, where it is just asphalt, no corner marshalls, etc.

Me too!! That would be great!!
Quote from GrandlHuber :I try the In-Game-Track-Editor and saw that the aera is to small for good layouts. An area u can choice how large it should be, is nearly what i want - only for multiplayers too.... and some more objects (kerbs, greenareas, pits,...)

I could picture this being a nightmare for multiplayer servers.
Imagine a track so large that it will only barely run on the host's monster machine. Anyone that logged in would crash because thier computer couldn't handle it.

I would love a selectable sized pad for multiplayer too, but I'd rather have it for just single than not at all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG