The online racing simulator
Annother bad FPS thread.
(22 posts, started )
Annother bad FPS thread.
Yeah My fps all of a sudden get VERY bad I can get find getting 60-70 FPS then it will just drop down to 10-15 and it will do it every 2 mins or so...anyone got any ideas?
#2 - JJ72
overheating perheps?
Quote from JJ72 :overheating perheps?

+1 for that.
If the drop kicks in after a certain amount of time(and it isn't random)it probably is something related to the cooling system.
What kind of pc do you have Playapimp?
You say it happens every 2 minutes, do you mean that every 2 minutes your FPS drop for a while and then return back to normal? It it's so, it might be some nasty background process.
What's your OS? because on vista/W7 but mainly windows i sometimes have the issue where the windows experience performance tool (WinSAT.exe) starts in the background which can cause stupid fps drop but under my experience it's worse then your problem.
Same thing happens to me. I'm starting to think it may be overheating. Just played now for ~20mins without any FPS drop, and it's slightly colder. I'll be monitorring temperature from now on though.
I think I'm lucky when it comes to games, I never get these FPS drops :P.
My framerate stays at a constant 70-80Fps either online, or with 15 Ai cars.
But, try doing a virus scan on your pc, or opening it up (with it switched off) and spraying the innards with compressed air.
Win7 and I'm on a laptop

2gb ram
nvidia geforce 7000m
1.9ghz AMD turion dual core

If I get one of those fan mats that cool would they really help?
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :Win7 and I'm on a laptop

2gb ram
nvidia geforce 7000m
1.9ghz AMD turion dual core

If I get one of those fan mats that cool would they really help?

Help make your laptop faster? No.
Not faster but since people say the graphics card might be overheating maybe that can cool it down...
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :Not faster but since people say the graphics card might be overheating maybe that can cool it down...

That should be an integrated VGA,if im not wrong.
I doubt a cooler will help.
Its better if you open your laptop and blow some compressed air inside.
Maybe change the thermal paste as well.
Quote from IlGuercio :That should be an integrated VGA,if im not wrong.
I doubt a cooler will help.
Its better if you open your laptop and blow some compressed air inside.
Maybe change the thermal paste as well.

Compressed air and thermal paste I can do the air about the paste idk
You should definitely start off with measuring CPU and GPU temp. Tools like SpeedFan can help you do this. Then if it's really overheating you can start fooling around with cooling. Simple removing of the dust from fans and heatpipes should do it.
GPU: 109C
HD0: 52C
Temp1: 79C
Core:77C

All in idle no gaming or anything
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :GPU: 109C
HD0: 52C
Temp1: 79C
Core:77C

All in idle no gaming or anything

GPU is already hottttttttttttttttt and the cpu is too.
There's something wrong with your laptop.
FPS drop because the GPU underclocks to prevent further damage.
yea I left it on without touching it and it was 104 did i break it
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :yea I left it on without touching it and it was 104 did i break it

It can't burn itself because everything clocks down to stop producing even more heat.Clever system but you have to do something to clean the inside.
Open it and air clean it see what happens.
The best thing to do is to remove CPU and GPU heatsinks and clear them throughout. You might want to get some thermal grease and re-apply it before attaching the heatsinks back.
Quote from MadCatX :The best thing to do is to remove CPU and GPU heatsinks and clear them throughout. You might want to get some thermal grease and re-apply it before attaching the heatsinks back.

I agree.
Quote from rc10racer :What's your OS? because on vista/W7 but mainly windows i sometimes have the issue where the windows experience performance tool (WinSAT.exe) starts in the background which can cause stupid fps drop but under my experience it's worse then your problem.

WinSAT.exe?
I never have that one running in the background. Where do you turn on the option to get such a lousy program scheduled?

Note, i have been using vista for desktop for two years now, seen many, many accusations vista is to blame for slowiness. Then i remember the time windowsXP was just out and the first two/three years people always blamed the thing that was new.... Try to figure out what is configured wrong! Why is it starting and how you can stop windows from starting it.

(i don't like microsoft, i just need it OS to run games)

Annother bad FPS thread.
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG