The online racing simulator
I do not like the idea. There's no quarantee that everyone's AI is well trained and wont nail you from the back in T1. I could never trust an AI driver as much as a human competitor. IMO the AI taking over your car in multiplayer race is stupid.
Quote from frokki :....IMO the AI taking over your car in multiplayer race is stupid.

And i agree.
it might be a good idea to enable an ai driver that pootles round the track if a driver gets disconnected during a endurance race
losing a 6 hour race because you get connection problems in the last hour has got to be frustrating ...
there you go.. thats an excelent reason shotglass!

@frokki; thats why im sure the devs will give us "reasonable" AI's.. unlike the ones in S1 that would run you over
I dont think AI should be used online at all... ever.
well.. thats one thought..
(may/may not make a difference.. so lets hear from some others first)
yeah, i mean, i can see we're your coming from, i just fear this could/would be abused.. thats all.
I kinda like this idea and I would use it if I had too. Races that have driver changes require the user to switch drivers after a certain amount of time (or you get penalty/DNF by a league admin - or so it works here), so the AI shouldn't be able to race the entire time for the player unless he or she wants a penalty/DNF.

I reckon have this disabled unless a driver change is required for a particular race. If you need to pee in a normal race (race without driver change), to bad just spectate. You're going to loose time and places pitting to switch to AI if others don't have to, so why bother really? Just pee/crap yourself or hold it in... no autopilot in motorsport hehe.

Edit:

So I for it in a race where driver change is required, but against the idea for all other uses. Just name the AI and it will be a bit more human
#34 - Gunn
This reminds me of an old story about the legendary driver Tazio Nuvolari. His mechanic (they used to carry the mechanic with them in the 1930's/40s), after he saw liquid flowing across the floor of the car was about to tell Tazio pull over for repairs when he realised that the fluid was not from the car at all. Nuvolari shrugged it off, the race was there to be won and he wasn't about to lose time by stopping for a pee.
But don't forget t put plastic over your seat and floor...
Or just set up your rig at the loo.
Quote from Shotglass :it might be a good idea to enable an ai driver that pootles round the track if a driver gets disconnected during a endurance race
losing a 6 hour race because you get connection problems in the last hour has got to be frustrating ...

A better idea would be for LFS to remember how many laps you have done, then when you re-connect you can resume from that point.

As for the idea of an AI taking over for you online I can't say I'm in favour of the idea.
Quote from SID135 :yeah, i mean, i can see we're your coming from, i just fear this could/would be abused.. thats all.

oh I agree, but when you think about it, just about everything that can be abused.. usually is so.. owell :S
but this is realy open to abuse.. i mean, if you ai can do 1:26 (example) and u do afrage 1:30, unhoniest ppl will use the ai...
IMO all the driving online should be done by humans. If you're in a team and your teammate doesn't show up, that's his fault (don't race with him the next time etc)

Toilet breaks.. hmm. Take your PC closer to the toilet before endurance races so you can pee during a pitstop (a short run), or get one of these:
Attached images
simdiaper.jpg
#40 - Gunn
Simbucket works quite well too. And during the month of September Simbucket comes with simPeg for your nose. Free of charge!
#41 - axus
Would be nice, but only if the server can disable the feature's use. It would be nice if you could set it to do the driving just for a bit while you adjust your pit strategy too if necessary.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG