The online racing simulator
need help with tweaking my setup
(4 posts, started )
#1 - TJM
Could anyone look at my XF Gti blackwood setup (attached) and tell me what to change/tweak to get some more speed ? I'm beginner, my pb at blackwood gp is 1:36:74 and I just can't drive faster :/ Not sure if it's my car or maybe I'm too noob, I've tried some other setups but most of them are too hard to control for me, even if I run one lap close to my pb I cant use them in race. With mine I can finish any race safely with all lap times close to my pb.
Attached files
XF GTI_blackwoodt.set - 132 B - 122 views
#2 - bal00
I would change the following:
-More rear camber. You want front and rear (live) camber to be roughly the same when cornering, otherwise the axle with too little camber (in your case the rear) will have less grip than the other one.
-Less brake force and a little more rear bias. Otherwise the car will understeer when braking into a corner. Try 580N/72% or so.
-Gearing. I think that's the main problem with your set. Most of the corners at Blackwood are taken at 105-120km/h, so you need a 3rd gear that works in that speed range. Your 3rd gear is too short, which means you would have to change gears right in the middle of the corners. Try extending 3rd up to like 122km/h at least.
#3 - TJM
thx, I made some changes and after 8 laps I've made new pb, so far only 0.2s faster, but I think I can drive much faster with new setup. Any tips how to tweak gear ratios ? I made 3rd gear longer and it's better now, but I still have to shift up from 2 to 3 just after first corner.
#4 - bal00
I'd make 2nd longer then, too. You want to shift from 2nd to 3rd just before or while entering the chicane after the first corner.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG