The online racing simulator
lapper + AI drivers ( acceleration time problem)
Hi,

I did setup lapper on my lfs lan server, if i drive alone and have a perfect acceleration time ( from 0 to 100km/u in x.x secs )

Problem i'm having when i add AI drivers, it looks like lapper is thinking i'm driving those AI cars. i explain, lets say i make a race with myself and 1 AI, then at race start when lights go green i don't start but just do nothing, then i'll be spammed by lapper with the folowing text : accelerated from 0 to 100 km/u in 0 seconds(this is after a few seconds(when AI drives 100km/u))
Now i think the first line would be the acc. time from the AI, but it goes to fast so i can't check that, but anyway, the other text for sure means the AI is already driving faster then 100km/u so thats 0 seconds.

Can i do something about this, meaning explain lapper somehow that AI1,AI2,.... is not me but the pc. Also can the laptimes from the AI's also be autosaved in the pb file?

Or is lapper not developed for use in races with AI's?
#2 - Krayy
Get a copy of InSimSniffer from here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=60417

Run it and connect to your LFS Server, or whatever port your race is running on, and see what kind of packets are received when you do your accel test. Also in the Request menu, select TINY_NCN, which will ask all racers to report their connection details, and see if the AI cars return anything. Specifically what you're looking for is a PLID (Player ID) that matches yours and is causing the problem. If you find anything let us know.
The PLID is unique to each player (= car) in the race but AIs share their UCID with the client that added them.
Ah i see, that means that , the way those functions are programmed there's no way i can get that fixed. I suppose same thing for pb's and split time reporting.

I guess lapper isn't made for use with AI's and i suppose that isn't going to change in the near future as Gai-Luron has lots of work with other things that needs his attention.

Anyway still a great piece of software, thanks for answering this one guys.
Hello,

I don't want LFSLapper work with AI because the unique key for storing value used by Lapper is username and AI have the same username. Anyway i can use nickname, but this add problem if driver change nickname for the top charlist. LFS is made for qualification and race purpose with players not AI. Sorry but it's a choice and it's mine

Gai-Luron
i think its nice the way it is all i do wnat tho is a way to keep ai's off the track
Easy, check the PType upon receiving a NPL
if(NPL.PType & 2)

Don't ask me where to put it though, I don't use Lapper

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG