The online racing simulator
IL2-Sturmovik 1946
(93 posts, started )
Quote from 5haz :Forgotten battles comes with 1946 as far as I know.

Other way around Shaz
if i only purchase fb will i missing out on much content? or is 1946 ver the only way to go?
1946 is the only way to go. It contains every expansion pack, and it's the one which is used to play online on like 99,9% of all servers.
#54 - 5haz
I reccomend you also get over to the All Aircraft Arcade forums and download their unified installer, its an epic download but it contains all the best custom objects, sounds maps, weapons, aircraft etc. And most of the online servers use it.

http://www.allaircraftarcade.com/forum/
#55 - senn
found this while trawling for IL stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9jM7txEzw&fmt=18

watch it to the end, the last bailout i was O_O
also lol'd

And a quick question for the more seasoned IL players, how do u get into the multiplayer community? The game doesn't seem to connect to a master server, looks like its specific IP only (i think?) Any tips appreciated, would like to have a few dogfights
Quote from senn :found this while trawling for IL stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9jM7txEzw&fmt=18

watch it to the end, the last bailout i was O_O
also lol'd

And a quick question for the more seasoned IL players, how do u get into the multiplayer community? The game doesn't seem to connect to a master server, looks like its specific IP only (i think?) Any tips appreciated, would like to have a few dogfights

Download Hyperlobby and make sure you got the latest patch.
CCCCCCCCOmba MASSIVE BUMPAGE LOLZ
A very worthy bump though, especially seeing as the final 4.09 patch is slated for release today and AAA's UI 1.2 will follow suit shortly after. (probably with a slight delay to make it 4.09 compatible)
Many more patches are coming thanks to a very dedicated group with links to Maddox games. We will see radar, more planes, triggers and much more in 5.0 and beyond. They(Daidalos team) are now responsible for making official patches with maddox only doing flightmodel and graphics tweaks and ofcourse the final testing and compiling.

AAA is short for All Aircraft Arcade , a modding website that bundles tons of mods into one Unified Installer (UI) and releases them as an easy to use pack.
UI 1.1 has all AI aircraft in IL2 as flyables, many totally new aircraft, maps, graphics tweaks and alot more. UI 1.2 will be a followup with stuff like new 109's, mig-15, F9F, more maps, moving dogfight servers, rearming/refuelling at airbases etc.

Though it seems the mods conflict with 4.09 final till they get updated. So for now I would stick to 4.09m and then try UI 1.2 once it's released and compatible with 4.09.

Happy flying
Sweets, cheers again for the info. Sounds like plenty to get our teeth into while waiting for SOW.

OT but slightly related. I got Rise Of Flight recently and its fantastic, I recommend to any Flight sim fans.
Quote from DratsaB :
OT but slightly related. I got Rise Of Flight recently and its fantastic, I recommend to any Flight sim fans.

I would have gotten it in a heartbeat but I still find it unacceptable to be able to play only if you have an internet connection constantly on. In the summer I go back to my home village for 2-3 months and while it can be very fun, at noon when everybody is sleeping and the sun raping your head I love to fire up my Fsx and Il-2 and fly. But you guessed it there is no internet there! So, no, I won't buy it until they value their customers more than they loathe pirates!
Can i use mouse with this game my stick is in the post.
Where can i download hyper lobby?
#66 - 5haz
Quote from 5haz :http://hyperfighter.sk/

Fyi, that took me 2 seconds to find with Google.

Yup, it don't take long you could probably find it faster, if you searched google first and didn't post on here, as you would only need one trip to firefox, posting on here means you need to check the reply (if there even IS one) and then you are making 2 maybe even 3 checks on forums for the reply.

... Some people..
im not having a good day, i did search but spelt it wrong. now i have it, i get the blue install page & nothing happens, its stuck there.
Quote from anttt69 :im not having a good day, i did search but spelt it wrong. now i have it, i get the blue install page & nothing happens, its stuck there.

Try alt-tabbing to bring up the window within the blue screen and it might just budge it.
meh nothing doing. blue screen is always there, i can use other programs but the lobby does not install.
-
(Ripley) DELETED by Ripley
Ant, have u tried installing it as administrator? Hyperlobby is old and not updated for Vista/win 7 so if u are using one of those as OS that's probably the reason.

Try disabling UAC too. It definitely works on vista/7, just requires jumping through some loops.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru ... c/f/49310655/m/9961007356

And yup there are other modpacks, but it looks like UI1.2 is still the most used both in coops and dogfightservers.
UI and HSFX are merging soon though, so if u are still modfree I'd wait till next month for that. Monguse and others have gone to great lengths to get one single modpack so the community doesn't fracture into tons of different incompatible versions...but at least HSFX+UI will ensure almost everyone uses that and the hassle with 3different patches sprinkled with all kinds of different mods will be mostly a thing of the past.
i can't install my IL2 Sturmovik any tips ? i get a "sign" whem th insall is att 99% that says
SetupUbi

Une erreur d'E/S matérielle a été reportée lors de l'accès à un fichier non nommé.
i have no idea what that means
Try to install it launching "a.exe" on the DVD.
where can i find that file ?

IL2-Sturmovik 1946
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG