The online racing simulator
Carn't match real wheel to virtual wheel
Using my G25 which is set to 270deg in the Logitech profiler the virtual wheel will rotate about twice as much as the G25. I use 270deg for a reason and can't change it. I've tried setting Wheel Turn in the game to 270 and as low as 90 but it makes no difference. Wheel compensation only seems to slow the wheel down around the center. Recalibrating has no effect either. This was a fresh install of the game and drivers are upto date. Has anyone got a clue as to what's going on?
The steering wheels of different vehicles in LFS can be steered different amounts.
try setting everything to 720, and set wheel turn compensation to 0.
Your G25 and a car wheel will be in sync only if the virtual and real wheel use exactly the same wheel turn and wheel turn compensation in LFS is set to 0. Adjusting wheel turn in LFS won't affect this.

I always adjust the wheel turn of my DFP in control panel according to a car I am about to drive. I found this to be the best way to make the car stable at high speeds and responsive in the corners.
Why is this important to people? Also, isn't there an option to hide the wheel?
Quote from Forbin :Also, isn't there an option to hide the wheel?

i turn all that off, i can't stand to look at another pair of arms steering another wheel.
To summarise, you only have control over how much your real wheel rotates and how that is interpreted, the maximum rotation of the visual wheel in game is a set property of the car and cannot be changed.

So the only way to get them to match is to change your real wheel. If you do not wish to do that, then you'll have to live with them not matching.
Quote from Forbin :Why is this important to people? Also, isn't there an option to hide the wheel?

Quote from bunder9999 :i turn all that off, i can't stand to look at another pair of arms steering another wheel.

I turn off the driver, but on the formula cars you end up with the horrible (IMO) OSD version of the wheel info if you turn the wheel off. I'd quite happily live without the wheel as well otherwise.
Thanks all, I can try turning off the wheel I guess. Due to having bad wrists I don't like to use a wheel with more that 270degrees. I don't play LFS very often and just didn't remember having this problem before.
Hi i just seen some videos of the top drivers on lfs and i just wouning what setting they are using in windows and Lfs becuz i seem to notice they make little effort to take a really hard corner and just seeing if any 1 can give me sum info il leave a video to show who i am talking about becuz atm it dont feeel real to me now taht i been learning in real car

That some Driving http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtVxyldnP1A

Thx Austin
Normaly, for fxr and fzr, I drive with 200 degrees wheel turning in my g25. I mean in the windows setting. in lfs i have 270. Force feedback to 45.

When I set my lfs steering in the fzr and fxr to 540 (as it is written in the garage/steering) "Cars steering wheel turns 540 degrees (lock to lock)" and i do the same in windows the virtual and real wheel turns the same way.

But i just think it is so much harder to rescue the car from spinning that way. Maybe i just have to get used to it. What are peoples recommendations about these things. And what are the benefits?

I also would like to know, how people control their brakes. if they are hard brakes, they easily blockes. So does anyone have good and clear tips for this, beside lifting the foot from the pedal in the end of braking?

I have attached my g25 settings
Attached images
g25 wheel setting.jpg
Quote from bunder9999 :try setting everything to 720, and set wheel turn compensation to 0.

Compensation to 1
Compensation to 1 (+1 to that)
and also make sure you dont have Analogue smoothing on

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG