The online racing simulator
rockingham is licened by who?
(28 posts, started )

by the management of the track, sponsor(e.g. BF1 & intel), race management(e.g. FBM & V1), or other?
Quote from scania :rockingham is licened by who?

by the management of the track, sponsor(e.g. BF1 & intel), race management(e.g. FBM & V1), or other?

!! This is a Speculate Subject, Because nobody know 100% for sure. !!

But talking about Licenses there is nothing to worry about. The cars are owned by persons, This persons gave LFS the Rights to make it in the game.

FBM isn’t licensed by V1, But because of V1 LFS got the choose to build it in the game.
So far I know this is the same for BF1.

But the Main question is Does it care?
If we know it, it will be easier to guess what the new car in S3 is
Quote from scania :If we know it, it will be easier to guess what the new car in S3 is

How so? Who holds the rights to the Rockingham track has nothing to do with what car the devs are planning on introducing. I fail to see how the two are connected. You have a track on one hand, and a car on the other... two different things
A new car can be a fictional one too.

/me hopes for RB4 GTR.
this kind of info could lead to endless "logical" speculations like:
1. the devs work with WV over Scirocco in LFS -> Audi is in the same group -> lots of us want Le Mans prototypes -> so Audi R10 for LFS is just around the corner
2. quie a lot of BMW in LFS, right? -> BMW runs in WTCC -> lots of drivers in LFS like WTCC cars -> voila, the WTCC BMW is almost certain
or...
3. Rockingham is coming to LFS -> there are V8 Supercars for hire there -> we like V8 Supercars here -> they announce new car with Rockingham -> then it must be a V8 Supercar

you could speculate like that almost with any kind of info about any kind of cooperation beteween LFS devs and any company, and in the end it would not mean anything at all
Quote from obsolum :How so? Who holds the rights to the Rockingham track has nothing to do with what car the devs are planning on introducing. I fail to see how the two are connected. You have a track on one hand, and a car on the other... two different things

If there is VSR inside, it will be very clear.....
Quote from scania :If there is VSR inside, it will be very clear.....

Let Me Qoute the lfs.net/Roc....

Quote from http://www.lfs.net/?page=rockingham :
The opportunity to get access to Rockingham and permission to develop it for LFS came in 2008, through our contact at V1 Championship.

There you got your answere, Its the same answere like i said in post one.
The suggestion and introduction was through V1 Championship.

The permission to build and release it was arranged directly with Rockingham management.

I don't suppose that anyone owns rights to Rockingham other than the owners.
Well,thank you Rockingham
Quote from pandera :this kind of info could lead to endless "logical" speculations like:
1. the devs work with WV over Scirocco in LFS -> Audi is in the same group -> lots of us want Le Mans prototypes -> so Audi R10 for LFS is just around the corner
2. quie a lot of BMW in LFS, right? -> BMW runs in WTCC -> lots of drivers in LFS like WTCC cars -> voila, the WTCC BMW is almost certain
or...
3. Rockingham is coming to LFS -> there are V8 Supercars for hire there -> we like V8 Supercars here -> they announce new car with Rockingham -> then it must be a V8 Supercar

What about: The Scirocco is already in, licence with VW exists ---> VW did also build a race version of the rocco ---> Many here wanted the 24h spec rocco ---> Voila, the Scirocco NGTR is around the corner

I'm sorry if that was brought up before, I'm not a constant reader here
Quote from pandera :this kind of info could lead to endless "illlogical" speculations like:

Scawen was contracted by Turn 10 as a consultant for physics and tyre deformation in Forza 3, thus had very little time to develop LFS over the last year. Now that Forza 3 development has finished, he's been working full time on LFS again and a release is imminent.
Quote from farcar :Scawen was contracted by Turn 10 as a consultant for physics and tyre deformation in Forza 3, thus had very little time to develop LFS over the last year. Now that Forza 3 development has finished, he's been working full time on LFS again and a release is imminent.

but you did notice the "" in my post?
Yes, yes. I was just making it easier for the Germans to detect the sarcasm.
ehm...
why didn't anybody mention Scawen's work on Forza 3 before, if it impeded his time allocated to work on LFS?

to me, this is THE explanation for .. well, whatever whining there was over the last couple of months.. (stopped for a sec and realized that in NO way was I gonna try to name what was going on over the last couple of months )
The track is liczences by two people, Mark Ingram who is chairman of Radical Racing, and Daniel Braithwait.

Regards,

Brain.
Quote from durrri :ehm...
why didn't anybody mention Scawen's work on Forza 3 before, if it impeded his time allocated to work on LFS?

to me, this is THE explanation for .. well, whatever whining there was over the last couple of months.. (stopped for a sec and realized that in NO way was I gonna try to name what was going on over the last couple of months )

bad sarcasm, or failed sarcasm detection.
is licensed by me
thread/
Quote from jewjoo :The track is liczences by two people, Mark Ingram who is chairman of Radical Racing, and Daniel Braithwait.

Regards,

Brain.

That doesn't mean we're definately getting the Radical by the way - as you seem to be assuming in a lot of your other posts.
would be cool to get the radical
Quote from Luke.S :would be cool to get the radical

Yes it would, one of my favorite cars
Sorry to cause speculation but IMHO, the Radical is a very real prospect for S3 content, whether it's true or not is a mystery, but it's probable.
Possible, not probable.
Quote from jewjoo :I am a A+ student please don't 'try' to correct me.

noobz0rd.

Tristian's right, though.

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG