The online racing simulator
United States Servers?
(18 posts, started )
United States Servers?
Are there any united states based servers? I am doing the refresh list of server hosts and I run into all 120-180 ping servers which are rightly either West Coast or out of the US entirely.

Also, I've purchased an S1 license and really have only seen servers that were / are set up for the demo cars.

Are there only a few servers that are S1? Do I have to do S2 to find any decent servers with more cars? Are there any US based servers? What am I doing wrong!

Sorry for the rant and thank you for your help.
I give you a tip: upgrade to S2. There are hardly any S1 servers out there nowadays.
ah christ, another $20.
I've always wanted to run USA servers but nobody uses USA, theres too many Euro girls
Quote from Gekkibi :Money well spent. Congratulations!

More like money well wasted, enjoy 3yr old content
Tell me about it. Oh well, just because it's old doesn't mean its bad.

Well if I stop uploading pron through torrents I'm sure I have enough upload to host a server... something like 70-80k/s upload reliably through this line. That could support how many? I could do a dedicated on my computer since its overpowered (3.3ghz amd quad core) and then also run a seperate instance of LFS everytime I actually wanted to race.

Lmk your thoughts on starting up a dedicated on my home line..
Quote from topslop1 :Tell me about it. Oh well, just because it's old doesn't mean its bad.

Well if I stop uploading pron through torrents I'm sure I have enough upload to host a server... something like 70-80k/s upload reliably through this line. That could support how many? I could do a dedicated on my computer since its overpowered (3.3ghz amd quad core) and then also run a seperate instance of LFS everytime I actually wanted to race.

Lmk your thoughts on starting up a dedicated on my home line..

Don't worry, he's already sold his soul to LTC
http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=hosts&whichTab=

You can select a filter for only US servers. All of the AsphaltWarrior servers are in the US, as are the S3 Racing servers, among others.

I'm in the US and I have no trouble on European servers. Haven gotten S2 in the past day or so, are you seeing more low-ping servers (inside USA or not)?
I've been racing LFS from around the globe since they released the game. The past 3 years i've raced from the West coast on a Comcast line and never had a single problem with any euro servers.

And moaning about $20 for the best online racing game ever invented? Bah, shame on you.
Quote from cmanns :More like money well wasted, enjoy 3yr old content

Oh, we have tech-spec genie/nerd here?

It doesn't support DirectX124, it doesn't have 3D virtual ejaculation systems and most certainly it doesn't have 1500% more bloom...

Because it can't be anything else than graphiX ("The most important part of any game"), unless you have forgotten that you will get new physic models every now and then.
Quote from yeager :I've been racing LFS from around the globe since they released the game. The past 3 years i've raced from the West coast on a Comcast line and never had a single problem with any euro servers.

And moaning about $20 for the best online racing game ever invented? Bah, shame on you.

+1 thats all i race on... german servers
Good to see another user on this side of the pond!

I can attest to the fact that LOTA runs great leagues. Also, I'm starting a UF Baby-R league next Wednesday. The link for signups and more info is in my sig.
Quote from yeager :I've been racing LFS from around the globe since they released the game. The past 3 years i've raced from the West coast on a Comcast line and never had a single problem with any euro servers.

Shame on you sir for not asking more out of your internet connection. I can feel the difference between 20 and 60 ping on most online games in a heartbeat. I think a racing game is a little more lenient on latency interpretation than a first person shooter, but still, it's noticeable.

And it was $40 in total - I'm a college student at the moment with a mommy and daddy that are failures economically.

But - I hardly purchase games - this obviously is a cut above the rest for me to purchase it.
Quote from topslop1 :Shame on you sir for not asking more out of your internet connection. I can feel the difference between 20 and 60 ping on most online games in a heartbeat. I think a racing game is a little more lenient on latency interpretation than a first person shooter, but still, it's noticeable.

I can be on a server with someone with a latency of 200+ ms and no matter how good mine is, they dictate the average response. So i'm more than happy with my races from the US...

Actually, there is a server i've been wanting to run, so maybe your comments might drive me to run my own US server....
Quote from topslop1 :Shame on you sir for not asking more out of your internet connection. I can feel the difference between 20 and 60 ping on most online games in a heartbeat. I think a racing game is a little more lenient on latency interpretation than a first person shooter, but still, it's noticeable.

And it was $40 in total - I'm a college student at the moment with a mommy and daddy that are failures economically.

But - I hardly purchase games - this obviously is a cut above the rest for me to purchase it.

I can tell the difference between 20 and 60ms too... in CS.

In LFS, anything under 200ms is just fine. The only thing it affects is the smoothness of the other cars, which is only really important when you're wheel to wheel. Even with a ping that would be considered high in other types of games, they move fairly smoothly. I've never had a problem with any European, South American, or even Australian servers, even back when I had a slow (256k) DSL line.
Okay I've gotten a server up and running as a dedicated but I can only access it from the lan. When trying to open up a port under port forwarding on a Rosewill router it simply disappears. What's up? What am I doing wrong under port forwarding?

United States Servers?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG