The online racing simulator
drafting doesnt do ANY thing.
(27 posts, closed, started )
i was racing with the FOX and i would draft the hell out of some one but it doesnt do anything at all for me, but wen some one drafts me... they may as well have a booster.... WTF!?!?!
post replay show us what you mean..
i didnt save the replay, i was thinking you guys would know what i mean wen i say DRAFTING DOESNT WORK! lol for me any way lol
..nope.. there has to be something your doing wrong and.. i cant see what your doing differently without a replay so there is no way to help otherwise except go down a list but that would just be guess and check .. or you could post a replay and we could figure it out in a matter of seconds
ok fine i'll give a different race where it hapend, i came out of the 2nd turn on BL GP in my XRR in back of a FXR (and i was going faster out of the turn) and im siting there drafting and all he does is pull away....
simple, FXR has much more power than the XRR, Simple as that.
awd.. your just rwd, he doesnt need as much downforce as you need may also be another reason
The effect from drafting was reduced alot in the recent patch. Its alot more realistic now. You need to be right on someones ass to get the affect.
well you see nuse as soon as we hit 130-140MPH i shuld start pulling on him hard, i know this becus befor the pach i used to eat FXR's like there not shit and now i cant even stay with them on strights, im faster in turns but it's not as much as i would need to keep up.
ummm no Downshift...

The FOX's top speed with average downforce is around 145 mph or for BL, at least 140 mph or less I believe. The FXO GTR.... geez, you shouldn't even be able to draft that car. It is 490 HP and can go MUCH faster than the FOX.

You simply were being outrun by a faster car, simple as that.

And drafting does work... you were just unable to keep a solid draft because the car in front was faster. Just because you are behind a car that is faster, doesn't mean you will instantly hook on and gain loads of speed. The drafting it quite realistic at the moment. (Only thing that needs improving is the effect of the slipstream for whatever downforce levels the car in front of you has -- Like a UF1 drafting a slow-leading BF1 should be best for drafting).
no.... the 2nd race i was useing XRR..... and the 1st race it was FOX vs FOX.....
Well drafting is effective, I can tell you that. Drafting is more effective the faster you go, and around 100 - 120 mph, the draft is the most noticeable... but this is all about within 3 or 4 car lengths of each other. You cannot be far away.

Real racing drivers have pointed out that the old slipstreaming was bad and way too effective... (could draft with at least 6-8 car lengths away) that was wrong. Now it is much more realistic, and you have to be close to someone to draft them and the speed really picks up the closer you are. And if you are using a high downforce setup versus someone using a low downforce setup, chances are you cannot keep a draft with that opponent.

But anyways, drafting does work, and it isn't hard to notice.
ok so than the game is full of shit becus i was with in 2-3 cars both time and drafting takes away your downforce so how i have shouldnt metter at all.....
without any sort of replays what you are saying doesnt mean jack. Slipstreaming does work everyone but you knows that.
wtf did i do to you man.... F**ken prick.....
Relax dude. Please.
Yada Yada
lol oh im not mad im just calling him what he is LOL
Listen, people in this forum are very nice (mostly except for me), you whit a dumb newbie question like this,if it where somewhere else you would be allready flammed, please be nice whit others,because they are being whit you.
it's not noob man, the rest of the game works fine, it's not my driving, it's not my car setup becus draft as far as i know takes away any drag you'd have so how much downforce you have doesnt mean shit wen your drafting. so i really think mine is buged or some thing, just wanted to know if any has had this happen and it's be ok up till now with mr. JACKASS "Slipstreaming does work everyone but you knows that" F**king stuck up B!tch made mother F'er
I think you are just running to much wing on the rear and maybe on the front too. You say you have higher corner speeds but can't do anything on straights so I would try to reduce the downforce just little by little, try to find a nice balance between straight speed and corner speeds.
Quote from DownShift :mr. JACKASS "Slipstreaming does work everyone but you knows that" F**king stuck up B!tch made mother F'er

illepall

all you have to do is post a replay so we know what your on about. Not the most difficult thing in the world to do
ok i think i know why it's crack now, it seems the game only has a value that gives boost wen you get on some ones ass, but it doesnt take away your drag. so i'll just be on test track thanks see ya round

^^^^ man if you dont know what "im on" about it's not that hard i dont see why you have a hard time with it, dont mean to be rude but it makes you look "slow" if you know what i mean
Quote from DownShift :^^^^ man if you dont know what "im on" about it's not that hard i dont see why you have a hard time with it, dont mean to be rude but it makes you look "slow" if you know what i mean

pot kettle black
right...
What makes you think a slipstream takes away your drag (not all of it). Your car still has drag as a matter of fact when drafting someone... happens in reallife too. There isn't some miracle that happens when you are behind someone and you suddenly get no drag.

Why are you making such a big deal about this, when there is nothing wrong with it at all. People ask for replays so they could interpret whats going on, why don't you do that? Otherwise, you are just sitting here claiming something that all of us believe is false... and then start calling us names like we are the informants of some cult trying to tell you something you don't believe in. Geezuz.

I'll explain some examples to clarify how the slipstreaming works in LFS, it is quite simple. And please focus on this, rather than thinking we are full of it.

If two cars are within approximately 4 cars distance apart, and traveling at 50 mph, the draft is absolutely useless. Usually you will find that on corner exits, you may be closer to the car in front of you, but if they get off the corner quicker, they will gain distance from you and you would've ultimately lost the draft because you'd be too far away.

If two cars are within approximately 8 cars distance apart, and traveling at 130mph, the draft is probably going to start being useful. But this is a far distance, so it is likely to be hard to catch someone this far away. If you are closer, it is an easy suck to the rear of the car in front and you can pass him.

If Car A is using a VERY low downforce setup where that person wants the most top speed, and Car B has medium to high downforce for cornering, Car B will catch Car A in the turns, easily, but on the straights, Car A will immediately gain distance from Car B because its speed is reached a lot faster. This would keep Car B from catching up. Because a high-downforce car that is trying to keep behind another car with low downforce, it will be next to impossible for the car behind to catch up... its overall drag is making him a lot slower. Now if you were within like 1 car length or LESS coming out of a corner, then you could most likely stay behind the car the entire time and gain lots of ground... but this is rare to see. And especially on the exit of the Blackwood chicane, you find a lot of people catching up to people there and trying to get into a slipstream, however some people run low downforce and some people run high downforce... so staying within each other's slipstreams is not as easy as you think.

Because the greater the distance you are from the car you are trying to draft, the less powerful of a slipstream you get. And this also varies with the speed you are going.

Also remember that the aero drafting was fixed in this latest patch... and now the drag from the FRONT wing is far less. It used to be the rear wing, but that was wrong. Keep in mind that when drafting someone, the rear wing is causing a lot more drag. You may be stuck behind a car in front and think you could get a draft, but if you have higher downforce, the rear wing's drag counteracts a possible draft or slingshot attempt... you just could not keep up. (if the opponent has low front and rear wing settings)
This thread is closed

(27 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG