The online racing simulator
#1 - majod
MPR replay without MYSELF lagging
i tried to ask online but noone understands my question so i try to explain it

i would to create MPR replay without MY CAR lagging...i want to see my car smooth like in SPR, because in MPR all cars are lagging including MINE.
it is possible to create such replay?
thank you
Nope.
#3 - majod
thx
AFAIK MPRs use the server's pps as sampling rate, even for your own car where it could be as high as your framerate. However, that would cause desynchronisation if your car is involved in a collision, so I guess that's why it is the way it is.
An MPR smoothing function of sorts would be nice though, predicting positions for late/missing packets without the warping. Inserting a predicted average for missing packets instead of just warping to the next should do
Granted, at least when viewing a MPR there could be an optional smoothing algorithm running, since what happens in the 'future' is perfectly well known in that case. So instead of simply letting the physics run their course with the last packet input, you could alter the input between the packets so that the car position matches the 'future' packet as close as possible when it is read from the MPR, minimizing the huge abrupt warps without resorting to the cars floating around magically. Not easy but definitely possible.

The realtime network code could also be improved to avoid warping, at the cost of delaying the car position by at least one packet. I think it would actually be preferable to have slightly more delayed reactions of your opponents than them driving or warping into you for a split second before continuing their real path.

However, the current implementation already works well enough, meaning we probably won't see that changed for a long time, if ever.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG