The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(8 posts, started )
GP Manager Pro
Found this: Highly recommended.

http://www.gpmanagerpro.com/

Fantastic site - lots of fun, free to join and registration is wonderfully quick.

Each night there is a race. It takes about 10 minutes a day to prepare for the race. Of course day 1 takes a little longer as you discover all the different settings you can change. In the morning you get a lap by lap race report and it makes for quite exciting reading if you avoid the temptation of looking at the result straight away.

I have two teams - GF-F1 (Div 35) and SPCS-F1 (Div 47).

The first team I am taking a customer approach and buying chassis etc. The second team I'm developing from scratch my own chassis so I'm struggling a bit for now.
Come on now, how could you miss the other thread on this one? Tut tut
Quote from Dajmin :Come on now, how could you miss the other thread on this one? Tut tut

OK, I admit it, I didn't check before posting. I'm such a bad man.

I wanna know what people's teams names are now then?
I used to play it under the name Brytech GP and I found it was a bit too easy and got boring very quickly.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I used to play it under the name Brytech GP and I found it was a bit too easy and got boring very quickly.

Try this:

http://www.abandonia.com/en/ga ... Grand+Prix+Manager+2.html - GP Manager 2

I played this as Jordan (semi-pro) level and it was suitably challenging. Very limited funds and as it's based in 1996 you need to be in the top 6 for any points at all.

You might need to copy wing32.dll into your windows/system32 folder and change your display settings to 256 colours as it's an old DOS game. Use "List All Modes" in the advanced settings if you don't get shown the 256 colours option.

It's a great little game this, very addictive and as I say, it takes a while to suss out how to get results.
GP Manager 2 is great, it deserves a modern version of it with some decent graphics. I would like a game that allowed you to manage a racing team properly, being able to run cars in different championships and develop cars. My favourite part of GP Manager Pro was making the pictures of my cars, people kept using my design as their own at one point. Sadly I can't find them, my account is still active but they have changed the games since I played.

EDIT: Having issues with the wing32.dll, I copied it into my system32 folder and made sure I'm running in 256 colours but it still says it can't find wing32.dll.

EDIT EDIT: I sorted the problem, if you're running 64bit Vista like I am you need to put the wing32.dll file in the SysWOW64 folder rather than the system32 folder. I'm actually more interested in finding a copy of Grand Prix World, I remember playing a demo of it ages ago and it was quite good.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :GP Manager 2 is great, it deserves a modern version of it with some decent graphics. I would like a game that allowed you to manage a racing team properly, being able to run cars in different championships and develop cars. My favourite part of GP Manager Pro was making the pictures of my cars, people kept using my design as their own at one point. Sadly I can't find them, my account is still active but they have changed the games since I played.

EDIT: Having issues with the wing32.dll, I copied it into my system32 folder and made sure I'm running in 256 colours but it still says it can't find wing32.dll.

EDIT EDIT: I sorted the problem, if you're running 64bit Vista like I am you need to put the wing32.dll file in the SysWOW64 folder rather than the system32 folder. I'm actually more interested in finding a copy of Grand Prix World, I remember playing a demo of it ages ago and it was quite good.

I guess it's just us then - not too many replies to this thread Nice info for 64bit Vista users there.
I'm still playing GP Manager Pro and still enjoying it. Thought I might be bored by now but am still enjoying seeing how I got on in the race each day.

GP Manager Pro
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG