The online racing simulator
Add on Tracks?
(37 posts, started )
Quote from spsamsp :Sorry, but if you want to flame some DEVS and make us want to feel the same as you do, then you've got another thing coming... Please don't ever say anything like this again, the DEVS work hard and you just throw it back in their faces!!

ehhh sorry for live guy... illepall
they are working too hard, cause they dont want more ppl on their work. This isnt my problem.

The game was released at 2002 i think, we are at 2006 and we only have a "alpha" version of second game stage. What the ****! we are on "alpha" version one year ago!

The development of the game is being too slow. We can do some parts of the game. We can create more tracks and cars, We can send it to the developers and finally they release the tracks and cars that the would want.

We could do some parts of the work ( and i remember the game isnt free....), but noooooo, they want to do all the work, only 3 men!

and u said me this stupids things Please don't ever say anything like this again like developers are your gods or something similar ??? Guy, this game is the fuking god-game, BUT its development is being too slow. I think they (developers) need help. One year in alpha version isnt good, then will come beta, and then finished S2, and then......... pfff a lot of years guy.

If u dont want to see this.... I like this game, i love this game! cause this, i say all this things.
If you have such a grudge against the way the developers do things, then why are you even playing the game? =/
Quote from [PTG]Chef_uk :A few months ago i would be of the same opinion, we need more tracks.
[...]

yeah, i agree with your comment. Its true that a lot of tracks and cars fragment the game. But it isnt necesary to let play online all the unofficial tracks/cars.

I want to have the posibility to create my own track/car and enjoy them at singleplayer game. And to play online, developers could choose only the best tracks/cars to transform to "official" addons. We can do this part of the job, and the could finish the work (depurate, remake, etc...)

3 guys for this too ambicious game... ( S3 is too ambicious) arent many guys... i think they need a little help, and we are agree to bring it to them!
Quote from xapexcivicx :If you have such a grudge against the way the developers do things, then why are you even playing the game? =/

first sorry for my english, i cant explain myself too good.

said that... i say a lot of times, i love this game. cause this, i think developers need a little help to improve this great game.

why u said this stupid things? Developers are your gods or something similar? i cant do a critic of their work, or what?i remember i paid the game, i have the right to do a critic.

i just be objetive. we can (comunity) help to improve the game in a few moths, not a lot of years.Is it bad?

Quote from DEVIL 007 :
If you dont like LFS dont play it.

When and where i said i dont like LFS? maybe i like it more than u
xXxKOKExXx - I understand what you are saying, and to a point I actually sort of agree. There are things I would like to make and add to the game myself even, but you have to realise that it will not happen. As soon as we get the tools, the community then fragments, pickup races become extremely difficult to find, and then all kinds of crappy mods come out. EVERY modabble game has this problem. EVERY single one of them.

Even in the unlikely case that such a thing did not happen, everything would have to be updgraded with every patch. At that point, it becomes nearly impossible to find something compatable with the newest version of the game. Newcomers would be extremely overwhelmed. RACER suffered from this problem, because it was being modded before it was finished.

As tightnit as the LFS community is, these problems WILL happen if tools are released. There is no way to stop it.
Quote from MAGGOT :Even in the unlikely case that such a thing did not happen, everything would have to be updgraded with every patch. At that point, it becomes nearly impossible to find something compatable with the newest version of the game. Newcomers would be extremely overwhelmed. RACER suffered from this problem, because it was being modded before it was finished.

This is the main problem with being able to mod LFS with community made cars and tracks. The software isn't finished yet and will be changing many more times yet.

The point about Racer is a good one. I like Racer because I think it's pretty cool. I don't like the way it drives at all, but it's still cool. Some of the best cars and tracks created do not work anymore because no one changed them to work with new versions. For Racer, you can download your choice of 50 different Lamborghinis, Ferarris, and BMW's, but the two cars I really want, the AC Cobra and the little 85'ish Mazda RX7, doesn't work anymore in later versions of Racer.
Quote :
As tightnit as the LFS community is, these problems WILL happen if tools are released. There is no way to stop it.

This is an absurd justification for not wanting tools for LFS to be released. Eventually, if LFS hits the wall and there is no expansion after S3, the game will die out.

If tools are released allowing new cars and tracks, the game continues to live way beyond the lifespan if no tools are released.

So you're choice is-- let the game die or allow it to grow, albiet in a somewhat fragmented way.

You're deciding the former.

Even if fragmentation occurs, sooner or later some sort of order will be created out of this initial disorder. Take a look at GPL as an example. And even with rFactor, still in its infancy, order is slowly beginning to take shape.

The problem with rFactor, as I see it, is that a good many modders do not test their releases enough, which results in fix upon fix, which creates mismatches and fragmentation. This problem will evenutally fade, as the want-to-be modders fade away and the real talented modders take over.

This is a long process, and those suffering from ADHD might not see this as an eventual outcome or care to wait until it happens. But it will happen, within time.

The same would happen with LFS, though it will be less painful than rFactor, since with LFS modders will be working with a finished product, unlike what is happening with rFactor.

Myself, I'd be elated if LFS released the necessary tools tomorrow. I don't think it spells doomsday if they were to release the tools, as you seem to think.

Not releasing the tools would be the end, however. That is a certainty.

Alanb
yeah, im agree with your comments. A lot of mods could fragment the game. But i said, we could do own mods to single player game,

AND for multiplayer game we could do part of the work (improve the development time) creating a first proyect of tracks/cars and finally we would must send the tracks and cars to scaven etc... And they would finish the work, depurate the tracks/cars, etc... that they would want to add at the official game.

we just could improve the development times. We could make the "easy things" , and scaven and his colleage could spend the time to improve the physics, add functions, features, etc....

sorry for my english, i wish i have explained myself
I wish I can make a city track for lfs. With crossroad lights. Signs.. GREAT FUN!!!
Your english is better than my spanish pal
Quote from Galthar :I wish I can make a city track for lfs. With crossroad lights. Signs.. GREAT FUN!!!

yeah, i love this idea! i want the same thing. A city with "real" physics, uff.....

Quote from [PTG]Chef_uk :Your english is better than my spanish pal

hehehe thx guy
Quote from xXxKOKExXx : we just could improve the development times. We could make the "easy things" , and scaven and his colleage could spend the time to improve the physics, add functions, features, etc....

This would probably increase development times, actually. IF this happens, Scavier have to spend more time trudging through the submissions instead of working on the game itself.

Add on Tracks?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG