The online racing simulator
Shift Only" races?
(15 posts, started )
Shift Only" races?
Are there races where manual is mandatory? No sequential...just the left hand lean and prayers?
I been driving standard since tractors, all my life I used a clutch n stick.
It is too cool shiftin down from sixth to second and comin out clean in the exit
i have no idea but i havent heard or seen anything like that yet.
Sure would put a whole real aspect to the win though,
What do you think?
you can force the use of a shifter with insim.
thats what i was wondering
A race for shifters only, is a neat option.
Changing that gear manual, makes that corner a whole new ball game\

that reminds me....I should set up my steering for "1" hand control.

A gentlemens agreement that every racer drives stick should be enough. But, to keep it honest....Bunder9999 is ahead of the curve:gt:
The winners circle is more sweet somehow in manual
There used to be a server that enforced manual shifting can't remember the name.
What would be a good name for that kind of server?
I suggest, "after practice"
could be a Cup, and everything
Only two servers that I can see that might suit your needs are:

[dSRC]Hardcore
Aleajecta NARA

The one I used to race on was NARAARR>Home but the two guys behind it have moved on was always fun racing but not many took it up.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=56395
I guess not all gamers have G25 or a wheel with H shifter and a clutch pedal......I am lucky enough to have one, but some cant afford it, being poor maybe, and some just not competant enough to race well with a REAL manual setup, being too young and inexperienced enough maybe.

I would say it is a great idea to have "Forced Manual Shift" option in LFS. Just like "Forced Cockpit View" feature. Therefore only shifter users can enter and race, which makes it much more fair.
I remember when we introduced no auto gears via insim on the STCC servers it reduced wrecker activity down to 25% of their previous levels, forcing stick shift would all but eliminate it. The problem is not everyone has shifters, myself included.

It is possible via insim, but detection of scripts is not.
Becky, not everyone that uses auto-shift is a wrecker. And there are some people in the lfs community that are physically unable to shift manually.

But you go ahead and believe what you want to.
Quote from arnold cottenier :Becky, not everyone that uses auto-shift is a wrecker. And there are some people in the lfs community that are physically unable to shift manually.

o.O
Well as it appear to be rellevent, when I introduced the autogears checking I also introduced a disability access program for those who are unable to play with manual gears...

The fact, however, was that at a time when wrecking was commonplace online (I dont play so much these days) the introduction of software to remove players who ran with autogears immediately reduced wrecker activity on the server to 25%. It's not a case of what I believe, that is the facts of what happened.

From that we can deduce that gearing is a yardstick by which the maturity of drivers - when dealing with large quantities of drivers (ie: public servers) - can be quickly filtered with reasonable reliability.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, and that is why when you dig through the history of what I did, you'll find that several disabled LFS players where able to connect to both STCC and CTRA servers with autogears.
Quote from arnold cottenier :Becky, not everyone that uses auto-shift is a wrecker. And there are some people in the lfs community that are physically unable to shift manually.

Way to interpret a post the wrong way She didn't say that, did she? Sheesh...
Quote from obsolum :Way to interpret a post the wrong way She didn't say that, did she? Sheesh...

My apologies, but every time I see a thread of this subject I get the impression that most (able-bodied) people would be happy if the devs would take the auto-gears option out of LFS. If I'm over-reacting I'm sorry. I have really come to enjoy this sim immensely, and it would be a slap in the face (to me personally) if I was not allowed to race just because I need to use auto-gears.

Becky is right, the people at CTRA (and other leagues/series) did/do indeed allow auto-gears, for that I am very grateful !! My apologies to you Becky !!

I'm sorry again if I mis-interpreted or over-reacted in his thread.

Shift Only" races?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG