The online racing simulator
Permission to hold a comp?
(10 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
Hey guys. I want to hold a competition for the chance for someone to win an S3 licence. It will involve designing a cockpit (not creating it ofcourse, just designing blueprints or messurements etc)

Do i need permission or anythign to be able to give a S3 licence when its availiable or what? Am i allowed to give the winner an S3 licence when its available or do i have to wait til an S3 licence is available to give one away?
You'd be better wording it as a "£36 voucher code" rather than an S3 license, to avoid any confusion with the game version or exactly what you're offering - you don't want any confusion that you have a spare license you need to get rid of

But you don't need permission to do that.
#3 - aoun
Yes that's sounds like asmarter idea Dajmin. I was afriad of holding this competition due to confusion. I'll do that then and post it up soon.
Just to add that although it is very likely that the devs stick to the 12 GBP for an license upgrade, there hasn't been a official statement yet. Meaning you don't know how much it actually costs
#5 - aoun
Hmm yeh your right. But 36euro or pounds (whatever the main LFS uses), should be good enough to help out people who cant really pay for LFS online.
#6 - aoun
Sorry for bump, but i didnt realise, I can only give an S2 24gbp voucher. How can i give someone 36gbp for LFS?
Quote from aoun :Sorry for bump, but i didnt realise, I can only give an S2 24gbp voucher. How can i give someone 36gbp for LFS?

Give out a S2 voucher and a S1 voucher. Not pretty, but it should work.
#8 - aoun
But will that only unlock s1+s2, or will it give a voucher of GBP24+12?
It will unlock S2 and give an extra 12GBP to the account. Adding vouchers to an account when S2 is already unlocked will just give extra credit to the account.

EDIT: Also I think they are going to add S3 licenses for pre-order soon. So if you hold up your competition for a while there will be real S3 vouchers available.
It's pretty certain an S2 -> S3 upgrade will be 12 GBP yes. It's a logical price.
But we must reserve the right to change prices at any time, if that appears necessary (the pound's dropping in value again, who knows what the UK economy will end up as), so we won't make an official price statement on our site yet. Also because S3 licenses are not yet available there either, there's really no sense in setting an official price.

S3 licenses / upgrades / vouchers becoming available on our site, that'll take a bit still. There's no need to make them available already. But if you really cannot wait you can always put 12GBP onto your LFS account, either by getting and using a voucher valued 12GBP or just by using the 'Put credit on your account' link on our shop page.
-
(Ricerguy) DELETED by Ricerguy : didn't notice the other thread

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG