The online racing simulator
"How Much Fuel" Questions upon joining a race
It's not really that annoying to me, but nevertheless I have an idea I'd like to share with you.

Remember these people that, right upon joining a track, ask "how much fuel"?

Well, I probably should be the last person on earth to point them out that:

1) Fueling up a bit more in order to be in the safe side, like 30 or 40%, isn't going to make that much of a difference in performance, unless you are a driving master, and if you were a master, you wouldn't be asking this question anyway.

2) Making one lap, just one lap, will provide the F12 display with the fuel percentage per lap. Even if it is a pit out lap, it will be in the range of +-1%, so it pretty much gives an idea.

However, I've come up with an idea. Whenever someone asks how much fuel, I reply to them with the exact amount needed, minus 1 or 2 percent. This way, if they are going to have a go and race all the laps, they will run out of fuel in the last lap, and I will be having my evil laugh afterwards. If anyone else agrees with me, you are invited to do the same.

-- Evil Avel.
There are 400 combo's or so, you can't know them all. And besides, since the new patch the fuel consumption has changed. So the easiest way is asking someone else.
Nah, thats just evil. If people ask ill tell them the amount im running as it makes for a more fair and enjoyable race.
#5 - richy
nah the easiest way is just doing what the topic starter suggested and thats by doing 1 lap then pressing F12.
Perhaps it came off more evil than I intended it to be. But I believe it still is a good tactic towards some very irritating people out there.

Anyway, I do try to educate people more. There will always be the people who want it all ready, served in their plate, and if I'm around, I'm probably trying to get them to think.

Example:

(During quali) - How many laps are in this race?
(Someone) - 8
(Someone else) - 8
(Me) - F12

However, sometime this behavior _did_ once return back to me in a rude way:

(Some time before RACE_S setups)

- Anyone got a setup? I'm having trouble handling this car.
(me) - Here's a tip, go download the easy race setups. You will find they are a good starting point.
- Did anyone ask you to be a smartass? Mind your own business!
- illepall
Quote from Stellios :Nah, thats just evil. If people ask ill tell them the amount im running as it makes for a more fair and enjoyable race.

That's my point, it doesn't make it any more fair, at least not in a noticeable amount. What difference does it make if it is 20% or 30%? Very little! Driving style with regard to tyre wear and the actualy setup are making a lot more difference.

I believe it was solar_energy who, in an MRT race in South City, was fueling up to 100% and was beating us all by far!
#8 - axus
You remember the fuel used for every single combo you ever raced on I presume? And if you already know the combo but have just forgotten how much fuel, 10-20 percent can indeed make a difference.
Quote from axus :You remember the fuel used for every single combo you ever raced on I presume?

Of course not, but I always do at least one lap to warm up anyway. I can't really join others racing, without first remembering a bit about the car handlng and the quirks of a specific car setup.
#10 - axus
Soooo... its never happened to you that you forget to check the F12 screen after your warmup before going back to the garage? Happens to me quite often.
Everybody is entitled to do whatever he likes, but I will keep telling ppl who ask just how much fuel is needed. And I will keep asking how much fuel is needed in case I don't know. I don't see what's annoying about this three line conversation:

me: how much fuel needed?
somebody: 15 %
me: thx
Quote from avellis :1) Fueling up a bit more in order to be in the safe side, like 30 or 40%, isn't going to make that much of a difference in performance, unless you are a driving master, and if you were a master, you wouldn't be asking this question anyway.

I semi agree, but it does make a little bit of a difference.

Quote :2) Making one lap, just one lap, will provide the F12 display with the fuel percentage per lap. Even if it is a pit out lap, it will be in the range of +-1%, so it pretty much gives an idea.

Problem is, your coming down the front stretch to the line and "Restart in 3...2...1..." appears just before you cross! Then your stuck at whatever you had in the tank.

Quote :However, I've come up with an idea. Whenever someone asks how much fuel, I reply to them with the exact amount needed, minus 1 or 2 percent.

Tis why I always ADD 1 or 2 percent to the amount folks tell me . Fuel usage varies a bit anyways depending how your driving style compares to those who tell you the amount.
if you are annoyed that much by that.....don't answer.

but ruining the race of others on purpose is weak.
jeeez, there isn't allways time to do one lap before the race starts.
It's not really that annoying to me, but nevertheless I have an idea I'd like to share with you.

so you have a idea huh? ok lets see...

You cant tell me youve never asked that.

Hmm but youre on of the first i see who thinks about this in such a stupid way i could not even imagine. illepall

1) Fueling up a bit more in order to be in the safe side, like 30 or 40%, isn't going to make that much of a difference in performance, unless you are a driving master, and if you were a master, you wouldn't be asking this question anyway.

Well it is indeed a very big difference if you run with 10% 20% or whatever because fuel=weight, more fuel=more weight ergo youre going slower the more fuel you load up. And no matter what skill level you have it will cost time and thats not the goal.

2) Making one lap, just one lap, will provide the F12 display with the fuel percentage per lap. Even if it is a pit out lap, it will be in the range of +-1%, so it pretty much gives an idea.

Thinking of many times i joined a server, the race was allready over and the driverfield is starting to vote for the next race. Most of the time i allready have a set for the combo i joined but you cant save all combos/ usage of fuel for every track/car in your head...well at least i cant.

However, I've come up with an idea. Whenever someone asks how much fuel, I reply to them with the exact amount needed, minus 1 or 2 percent. This way, if they are going to have a go and race all the laps, they will run out of fuel in the last lap, and I will be having my evil laugh afterwards. If anyone else agrees with me, you are invited to do the same.

So finally i do not agree and whenever ill see you on the track and you may ask something i will ignore you because the way you act is not the goal of what its all about in LFS.
Grow up dude and maybe get some different hobbys or whatever.
and who wants people joining the track for a lap or 2, on cold tyres when everyone else is batting round with hot ones..?
Quote from Fetzo :if you are annoyed that much by that.....don't answer.

I'm not (as I said in the first post), and I usually don't.

But sometimes I like to have fun with the persistent & lazy ones. :drevil:

Cheers,
Evil Avel
next time u ask anyone for a set they should change the brakes to 0 force, so come the start of the race u will SMASH into the wall, because u are too lazy to make your own set. its not too hard to answer someone what fuel u are running is it?
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :next time u ask anyone for a set they should change the brakes to 0 force, so come the start of the race u will SMASH into the wall, because u are too lazy to make your own set.

I don't ask people often for sets. However I _have_ sent "funny" sets....

....to wreckers.

(BTW sets are another thing altogether... they are a biiiiit more important than saving the weight of 10% fuel).

Quote from ayrton senna 87 : its not too hard to answer someone what fuel u are running is it?

No it's not, I never claimed otherwise.

Next please?
whats so funny on turning a simple thing into a senceless situation anyway?

:uglyhamme :feedtroll :something

:bananalla

btw. imagine the world would be full of freaks like you we would be still living in stoneage dude.
Quote from 510N3D :It's not really that annoying to me, but nevertheless I have an idea I'd like to share with you.

so you have a idea huh? ok lets see...

You cant tell me youve never asked that.

Hmm but youre on of the first i see who thinks about this in such a stupid way i could not even imagine. illepall

Well it is indeed a very big difference if you run with 10% 20% or whatever because fuel=weight, more fuel=more weight ergo youre going slower the more fuel you load up. And no matter what skill level you have it will cost time and thats not the goal.

Thinking of many times i joined a server, the race was allready over and the driverfield is starting to vote for the next race. Most of the time i allready have a set for the combo i joined but you cant save all combos/ usage of fuel for every track/car in your head...well at least i cant.

So finally i do not agree and whenever ill see you on the track and you may ask something i will ignore you because the way you act is not the goal of what its all about in LFS.
Grow up dude and maybe get some different hobbys or whatever.

lol
hm... If the world has not freaks like him, everybody would only ask questions but noone has the answer -> stoneage
Quote from Hahni :hm... If the world has not freaks like him, everybody would only ask questions but noone has the answer -> stoneage

actually sounds like a typical interview with a politician
Quote from Linsen :Everybody is entitled to do whatever he likes, but I will keep telling ppl who ask just how much fuel is needed. And I will keep asking how much fuel is needed in case I don't know. I don't see what's annoying about this three line conversation:

me: how much fuel needed?
somebody: 15 %
me: thx

yeah thats how i feel about it as well

i think its a bit sad how people find little things like this annoying same with asking for setups. of course the race s sets are pretty good but on some tracks they are noticably slower than a custom setup.
oh cant be bothered, was going to make comments, will go to bed instead

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG