The online racing simulator
Thinking about getting a Live for Speed Licence...
Hi guys
I've known about Live for Speed for a while but have stuck with the big named racing simulators such as GTR and Rfactor. But after setting the fastest lap of the day at the BTCC event at Rockingham today, playing LFS, I've thought about buying a licence. I've been looking around the homepage and Rockingham is not one of the tracks listed. They seem to be loads of made up tracks.
Is Rockingham around at all or was it just a promo track for the event?

Thanks!

George
#2 - amp88
No official word as yet but the feeling in the community is that Rockingham is going to be added in the next patch (which should be released in the near future).
-
(hrtburnout) DELETED by Victor : kom op man, eerste indruk van die jongen wordt niet beter zo
It is key to evaluate LFS on the content that is available now, timescales for new content are often long, even the VW Scirocco is running on for being a year later than initially planned with its expected release still not imminent.

If a lack of real tracks is putting you off buying a licence, then I don't think one real track amongst numerous fictional ones is really enough to sway the deal.
Quote from amp88 :No official word as yet but the feeling in the community is that Rockingham is going to be added in the next patch (which should be released in the near future).

Oh great KY2 the 2nd
Saying that i actually like rockingham, lets hope it brings the same action to LFS as it does for the BTCC
Quote from George11212 :Hi guys
I've known about Live for Speed for a while but have stuck with the big named racing simulators such as GTR and Rfactor. But after setting the fastest lap of the day at the BTCC event at Rockingham today, playing LFS, I've thought about buying a licence. I've been looking around the homepage and Rockingham is not one of the tracks listed. They seem to be loads of made up tracks.
Is Rockingham around at all or was it just a promo track for the event?

Thanks!

George

I got a 1:19.40, I assume you were the guy who got a 17?
Quote from amp88 :No official word as yet but the feeling in the community is that Rockingham is going to be added in the next patch (which should be released in the near future).

Seriously? no.......... wut? wow
Quote from George11212 :Is Rockingham around at all or was it just a promo track for the event?

Nothing at all has been officially confirmed, despite a certain hype thread it could still turn out to be a special location-based promo deal. As Bob said, if you're looking to be driving on real tracks, you'll be disappointed as you might have Rockingham.. and Rockingham

But if you liked the physics, there are a couple of real cars in to drive
No it was definately Rockingham, I'm 100% certain. Cheers for the help guys I think I'm gunna have another look at LFS when S3 is released and hopefully Rockingham will be on there!

Thanks

George
Quote from George11212 :No it was definately Rockingham, I'm 100% certain. Cheers for the help guys I think I'm gunna have another look at LFS when S3 is released and hopefully Rockingham will be on there!

Thanks

George

ahh no, i didnt mean it like that, i was just thinking if we are getting rockingham, well.... i would rather have a completely new kind of track
And this is why the devs don't tell us stuff.

"We want real tracks!"
"You might be getting this one."
"We don't want that one!"

It must seem like an utterly thankless task sometimes. There's three options here: One, it really is a new track. Two, it's just a mod for the show. Three, it's a new real track to replace the Kyoto setting.

Which of those would you prefer?
Quote from Dajmin :

Which of those would you prefer?

Simple, I'd like to give the dev's £12 for S3 whenever it's ready

George, it's really worth buying the S2 now. You might not get Rockingham yet but what you do get is well worth it! It's the best value game I have bought!
Quote from StableX :Simple, I'd like to give the dev's £12 for S3 whenever it's ready

George, it's really worth buying the S2 now. You might not get Rockingham yet but what you do get is well worth it! It's the best value game I have bought!

Its the only game i have bought!
Best value +1
Quote from George11212 :No it was definately Rockingham, I'm 100% certain. Cheers for the help guys I think I'm gunna have another look at LFS when S3 is released and hopefully Rockingham will be on there!

Thanks

George

From the point of view of a fairly recent purchaser I'd say that is a very wise decision indeed. There is no 100% solid info, so waiting to see what gets released next is the only gamble free choice to be had.

Also waiting to see how long it takes to be released is the only other info one could glean given how things presently stand, and have done for a not entirely insignificant amount of time.

All credit where it is due though; what there is now offers some fun and is quite well done in places, some areas of motor sport are better served than others. It is on the brink of becoming a bit long in the tooth here and there though; notably recent DirectX versions, X64, and multiple cores are not used to any great advantage as far as one can tell. These are by now to be seen as contemporary technologies. In fairness the older tech used has had a great deal wrung out of it.

Graphic design elements of the interface could use a rethink in some respects. Depends on how good your eyesight is really; if it is not at least 100% perfect 20/20 it can prove somewhat frustrating in use. I'm not yet certain how tweakable that bit might be though.

potentially the next release could prove rather interesting, if and when it does eventually put in an appearance.
I got my license a while back now. Not as long as some, but longer than others. 2006 I believe. And the only reason I don't get my LFS on regularly is because my wheel doesn't work properly. If I had one, I'd be ranking up the miles all the time.

It's just plain fun, simple as that. And it's not like it costs you any more money if you don't use it - it's still cheaper than a regular game and it'll be there waiting for you when you come back. And come back you will. That's the only warning I can give - LFS may taint the enjoyment of any future racing games you play
Rockingham is confirmed

And license is totally worth it

You could wait for S3 though, but it may take a while- so i'd get S2 in the meantime.
Quote from brandons48 :You could wait for S3 though, but it may take a while- so i'd get S2 in the meantime.

From his posts I gather that the OP isn't impressed with the fictional tracks currently on offer, so there's no reason for him to get S2

Seriously, people on this forum should stop with "suggesting" to buy a license to other people. They can make up their own minds.
it is relitevely cheap money for everything you can ever want...and a great comunity, and when s3 comes out, even more heaven if you pay again
Quote from Dajmin :I got my license a while back now. Not as long as some, but longer than others. 2006 I believe. And the only reason I don't get my LFS on regularly is because my wheel doesn't work properly. If I had one, I'd be ranking up the miles all the time.

It's just plain fun, simple as that. And it's not like it costs you any more money if you don't use it - it's still cheaper than a regular game and it'll be there waiting for you when you come back. And come back you will. That's the only warning I can give - LFS may taint the enjoyment of any future racing games you play

Wise words.

Thinking about getting a Live for Speed Licence...
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG