The online racing simulator
Formula 1 to be shocked?
(312 posts, started )
Personally I'm glad to see the back of Flavio. Still think Piquet's ruined his career, which team is going to want to hire a driver that if they have to fire will possibly make allagations against the team. Especially when there's so many up-and-coming F1 drivers, I don't think they'll risk it with Piquet.
Nice. Flavio is finally out. The guy is a right arse.....
Quote from Minimaxman :Personally I'm glad to see the back of Flavio. Still think Piquet's ruined his career, which team is going to want to hire a driver that if they have to fire will possibly make allagations against the team. Especially when there's so many up-and-coming F1 drivers, I don't think they'll risk it with Piquet.

true. to be fair to piquet, if he had refused and got sacked no one whould have believed him if he said he'd been sacked for not crashing the car, he's still as guilty as anyone else but i can see why he agreed even if i don't agree with it. and is it any worse than when steve sopper took out john cleland to give tim harvey the BTCC title ? for all we know that may have been discussed beforehand.
Quote from DevilDare :Nice. Flavio is finally out. The guy is a right arse.....

these days a fat arse
Quote from tinvek :and is it any worse than when steve sopper took out john cleland to give tim harvey the BTCC title ? for all we know that may have been discussed beforehand.

Good point indeed. Not that I wanted Cleland to win the championship ANYWAY. :P
Quote from DevilDare :Nice. Flavio is finally out. The guy is a right arse.....

I jumped up and punched the air in joy when I saw he had gone, best news in F1 for years, the guy is a massive tool.
Quote from 5haz :

If I was in such a position I would said no and if I felt the need to be such a grass I would've done it straight away, regardless of wether it threatened my position within the team, if they sacked me there and then at least I would be respected for blowing the whistle on some dirty deeds that needed to be stopped. Rather than simply using it as a pathetic personal vendetta long after it even matters any more.

Very easy to be principled on an internet forum with nothing at stake. You cannot possibly know what you would do in the same situation as you haven't spent 18 months being brow-beaten by Briatore.

Chances are, with your job at stake - and your future career - a little cheating wouldn't seem such a heinous thing. Not saying it's right, but that's real life for you.
Considering the amount of dedication, resources and not to mention support it takes to get a solid seat in F1, essentially giving the boss the middle finger can turn out not to be the best way to repay all those things. Even if the boss is wrong Not saying I agree with what took place. If someone told me to do that, my first instinct would be to tell them to shove a lightbulb, but who knows what I'd really do.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Very easy to be principled on an internet forum with nothing at stake. You cannot possibly know what you would do in the same situation as you haven't spent 18 months being brow-beaten by Briatore.

Chances are, with your job at stake - and your future career - a little cheating wouldn't seem such a heinous thing. Not saying it's right, but that's real life for you.

How do you know that someone won't be principled in real life?

I understand what you mean, just Piquet should not be taking any moral high ground here.
The way I see it is he felt his F1 career was over because of his performance at Renault and the comments Flavio had made about him, so he decided to take some people down with him, and for that I thank him.
I would be giving Flav the arse if he was my manager , this could be the start of a witch hunt into Flav's other activities..
Quote from richo :I would be giving Flav the arse if he was my manager , this could be the start of a witch hunt into Flav's other activities..

Nah I think people will be too glad hes gone to really care.
Quote from richo :I would be giving Flav the arse if he was my manager , this could be the start of a witch hunt into Flav's other activities..

Like his directorship at an English football club? Yes, it could put a damper on some of his other activities.
A few hours ago I was in the mood to do some cheating Flavio avatar.. But it would be just a waste of time... He´s history... Get a beer bellied wannabe playboy and a selfish overrated driver and make yourself the biggest fool... poor Renault...

I´ll stick to the European Women's Champions instead
Quote from VoiD :A few hours ago I was in the mood to do some cheating Flavio avatar.. But it would be just a waste of time... He´s history... Get a beer bellied wannabe playboy and a selfish overrated driver and make yourself the biggest fool... poor Renault...

I´ll stick to the European Women's Champions instead

Don't worry, I already made one yesterday.

I'm hearing rumours that Alain Prost my take up Flav's position, Prost got fired from the Renault F1 team himself for failing to win the 1983 world championship. He hardly showed himself to be a half decent team manager either.
Lotus is back.
Back a few pages:

1: A driver would be stupid to listen to stupid command from your (apparently) stupid team mates to have to put your own car into a wall deliberately, if that was the case.

2: Seem like this type of thing happens too often. Remember the order they gave to Barrichello a few years back? 'To pull over an let Schumacrap win?'

It's a shame drivers follow such orders to begin with. They would throw their pride out so damn fast.

If I were either driver I would 1) "NOT CRASH" and 2) It's my win.. fair.
Quote from CodieMorgan : 2: Seem like this type of thing happens too often. Remember the order they gave to Barrichello a few years back? 'To pull over an let Schumacrap win?'

I don't think you can compare the two. There is a massive difference between, pull over and crash.
Quote from CodieMorgan :Back a few pages:

1: A driver would be stupid to listen to stupid command from your (apparently) stupid team mates to have to put your own car into a wall deliberately, if that was the case.

2: Seem like this type of thing happens too often. Remember the order they gave to Barrichello a few years back? 'To pull over an let Schumacrap win?'

It's a shame drivers follow such orders to begin with. They would throw their pride out so damn fast.

If I were either driver I would 1) "NOT CRASH" and 2) It's my win.. fair.

And 3) You would no longer have a job with that team.
Quote from Minimaxman :Personally I'm glad to see the back of Flavio. Still think Piquet's ruined his career, which team is going to want to hire a driver that if they have to fire will possibly make allagations against the team. Especially when there's so many up-and-coming F1 drivers, I don't think they'll risk it with Piquet.

He didn't make allegations. He let the cat out of the bag about a conspiracy to cheat. That's one hell of a big difference.

I would have thought that if anything, the only thing that could potentially be held against Piquet would be the fact that he was prepared to go along with it in the first place. But given that pretty much all the teams are scheming cheating b*stards anyway I don't think that's going to count against him. The fact that he will spill the beans if you try pushing him around probably won't help his career in such an environment though.

Given that standing up for what's right against normal companies does your career no good, even when you're completely in the right and what you're being asked to do is actually illegal, is bad enough. But in motorsport where pretty much anything goes as long as you can get away with it, teams won't touch "honest" drivers with a barge poll.

To me this whole incident has just gone further to highlight the total lack of sportsmanship in F1.
Pulling over to let your team mate win, or attempting to exploit the rules, are completely different to deliberately crashing and causing a huge safety hazard for everyone.

Quote :Given that standing up for what's right against normal companies does your career no good, even when you're completely in the right and what you're being asked to do is actually illegal, is bad enough.

Employees refuse to follow illegal instructions all the time, and suffer nothing more than a slap on the wrist. It's usually the borderline cases which cause problems. In Piquet's case, the illegality of the scheme was not a borderline case, it was clearly illegal and immoral.

I think I've said it before: employees are under no obligation to follow illegal instructions from their employers. In fact, employees shouldn't follow instructions which they know are illegal, because the law will not protect an employee who knowingly commits an illegal act. You're better off suffering a short-term loss and changing your job, than to go along with it and potentially ruin your life.
Woohoo... Raikky to McLaren :D
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/1 ... reement_with_mclaren.html

Quote :Former Formula 1 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen 'has signed an outline agreement' to return to McLaren-Mercedes in 2010, sources have revealed – in a move that would free up a place at Ferrari for Fernando Alonso, and likely see Nico Rosberg jump ship from Williams to current world championship leaders Brawn GP.

Kimi in Mclaren again? To be honest; why not

Formula 1 to be shocked?
(312 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG