The online racing simulator
The ugliest engine!
(58 posts, started )
I think that engine is at the same stage as the LS1.
Wonderful engine in mechanics but aweful to look at ...
That diesel engine looks good!
Simple and clean.
Quote from G!NhO :Yes me too.

Maybe just because it's american?

Yeah, for it's capacity, it should had 4x more power. Unlogical build.
LFS's 7-year-old graphics engine.
What a ****ing stupid thread again!

What the hell does it matter what an engine looks like?!
They all look grey, they all have weird shapes. THEY ARE ALL UGLY. Performance is what counts so why tf.. does it on earth matter......
#35 - 5haz
Quote from Scrabby :What a ****ing stupid thread again!

What the hell does it matter what an engine looks like?!
They all look grey, they all have weird shapes. THEY ARE ALL UGLY. Performance is what counts so why tf.. does it on earth matter......

It obviously matters to you enough for you waste you time to leave a turd of a post here.
A Turd
#37 - 5haz
Yes, you are one.

Heres a rather ugly engine...

First of it's kind however.
Quote from tikshow :- isn't too ugly, but first you need to find it

uh

i think my nitro rc has a bigger/stronger engine.

Pratt & Whitney J58, as used in the Lockheed Martin SR-71.
That's hardly ugly.

If we've started including planes, I propose this:

Quote from Shadowww :Yeah, for it's capacity, it should had 4x more power. Unlogical build.

I don't recall this being the "no technological advanced engine" thread Besides, that engine isn't exactly on par with current technology. IMO that's mostly to keep costs low and perhaps to avoid some reliability issues.

Seriously, you have been here for less time then I have, yet you have over 3 times the amount of posts I have. Quantity in which, I have rarely found a smart, logical or on-topic post. For Pete's sake, how old are you?
Quote from BAMBO :I don't recall this being the "no technological advanced engine" thread Besides, that engine isn't exactly on par with current technology. IMO that's mostly to keep costs low and perhaps to avoid some reliability issues.

Seriously, you have been here for less time then I have, yet you have over 3 times the amount of posts I have. Quantity in which, I have rarely found a smart, logical or on-topic post. For Pete's sake, how old are you?

He spams. The only downside to an ugly engine as far as I can see is they tend to be a mess, so it's a bit tricky to fix. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Your Post Count: 1.32
His post count: 5.67
Mine: 1.23
I think most modern car's engine bays are ugly nowadays. There just all plastic covers. I work in a Workshop, and while it's not hard to get some of these covers off, it sure does add some time onto the job. The ammount of covers that have to come off the car just to do a simple service is ridiculous. Theres usually 2 or 3 on the engine bay, then another 2-4 underneath the car. It may look neater, but it's a pain in the ass. VAG cars are the worse. They fit huge covers over there engines, then when you take them off, there's an absolutely tiny 1.4 under there.

Any who, my contribution is this one.

While i will admit that the guys at Porsche have done a good job on fitting such a large engine into a small space, and that there isn't much else they could do with it, there's no denying the fact that it's still a very ugly engine bay to look at, not that it matters most the time.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I think most modern car's engine bays are ugly nowadays. There just all plastic covers. ...

Noise control and protection
Quote from NitroNitrous :Noise control and protection

The covers have very little affect. The ones on the underside do help reduce drag however.

I don't know what you mean by "protection" though.
Dust and dirt in general. Maybe they look bad, but they are there for a reason. One plastic cover maybe does not help a lot with the noise, but all of them together sure they do.
Golf's engine is ugliest for sure

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I think most modern car's engine bays are ugly nowadays. There just all plastic covers. I work in a Workshop, and while it's not hard to get some of these covers off, it sure does add some time onto the job. The ammount of covers that have to come off the car just to do a simple service is ridiculous. Theres usually 2 or 3 on the engine bay, then another 2-4 underneath the car. It may look neater, but it's a pain in the ass. VAG cars are the worse. They fit huge covers over there engines, then when you take them off, there's an absolutely tiny 1.4 under there.

Quote from jibber :

Wt....
Why didn't they just seal the whole car off as there is no possibility you would ever get to that engine if you break down at the side of the motorway!

The ugliest engine!
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG