The online racing simulator
Mirrors?
(9 posts, started )
Mirrors?
Have you noticed the the car mirrors dont reflect any of the car parts. You should be able to see the side of your car from the side mirrors, and part of the back from your Rear View mirror.
I think they show too little of the road behind you in their current form already, adding a "realistic" view on your own car would clutter things up.

The mirrors are one of those things that should not be über-realistic, because in RL you have a much larger FOV and you can see a lot more in the mirrors... Wanting to make those tiny things on a PC monitor show everything you would see in RL is just plain impossible and would make them unuseable IMHO.
Besides being unusable when they were "realistic", it's also not that easy to code a mirror and maintain good performance. So with even more detail and an additional drawing of the cars interiors, the mirrors would suck down performance even more.

I'd also like to see different viewing angles on the mirrors, so not every mirror gives you the same image. If that would work, the sidemirrors would be so much more useful, but you'd have to calculate an extra two viewpoints, which is a big no-no for performance again :/
HA HA...
..thats a good one roadie!
We need the ability to adjust/rotate the mirrors!
we also need power windows, so we can roll them down and flip off the person who rams into you at turn one.
Quote from Roadie :we also need power windows, so we can roll them down and flip off the person who rams into you at turn one.

My F4 chat

, ,|,, ,,|, ,

No need for power windows, it shows up in the top left corner of the screen.

LOL :-)
I wouldn't worry about it. As far as I can tell, 95% of drivers don't use them...
Quote from Seahorse :I wouldn't worry about it. As far as I can tell, 95% of drivers don't use them...

well, i use 2 of the three mirrors. And I think that the most ppl do that.

Mirrors?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG