The online racing simulator
New sim: World Racing Series
(30 posts, started )
Most people that have GPBikes licneces can unlock it flawlessly.

Although I don't find it to be that great, especially after playing NKP so heavily.
Has a better feel then virtual grandprix 3. And better graphics.
#4 - BAMBO
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Most people that have GPBikes licneces can unlock it flawlessly.

That's not a flaw, that's a marketing plan. Buy a GPBikes license and you get World Racing Series free, or vice versa.
Looks pretty cool, I'll be giving it a try.
I downloaded it yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to try it out. It comes with lime rock, which is the main reason I want to try it. It looks like a fun track.
Mintt, definitely trying it out

E: I like it quite much actually, needs more improvements though just like Moose said. I'd buy ready version of this
Only driven the Formula Renault, and I'm obviously going to compare it to nKPro's FR.

It's rubbish. Drives poorly, FFB is horrible and graphically it's from the 90's.

Good luck to the guy though, i hope he can improve it significantly. I love to see independent devs who are making sims do well.
Quote from The Moose :Only driven the Formula Renault, and I'm obviously going to compare it to nKPro's FR.

It's rubbish. Drives poorly, FFB is horrible and graphically it's from the 90's.

Good luck to the guy though, i hope he can improve it significantly. I love to see independent devs who are making sims do well.

Hm not getting it. FFB i have reduced because the 100% strength is too much. But it drove smooth.
Quote from BAMBO :That's not a flaw, that's a marketing plan. Buy a GPBikes license and you get World Racing Series free, or vice versa.

I didn't say it was a flaw, I stated that if you have GPBikes you can unlock WRS with the same licence details.
seems good, i will try it and get back to you guys.
Seems like an excellent start. Down to the low 51's high 50's in the dry. Quite good fun, will keep an eye on it.
I'm not really sure why they switched to cars from bikes. Bike sims may be more niche but they'd basically be the only game in town, competing with sims that are a decade old or laughably arcadish. Car sims are a much more competitive market.

Plus I like bikes better.
it seems nice, its just why can't i change the res without the game quitting on me?
and why does the game lag even on lowest settings, lfs don't
Quote from mutt107 :and why does the game lag even on lowest settings, lfs don't

Probably because it's labeled as "Alpha" and very much work-in-progress.
You should have seen LFS's netcode in the beginning (late 2002 to early 2003), especially with a lot of people still on dialup...
Just tryed it. isnt that bad but ... the keyboard steering really sux. Thatwhy i would give it a ... mm 5/10
Quote from Forbin :I'm not really sure why they switched to cars from bikes. Bike sims may be more niche but they'd basically be the only game in town, competing with sims that are a decade old or laughably arcadish. Car sims are a much more competitive market.

Plus I like bikes better.

Piboso is still working on GP Bikes, said so himself on RSC few days back.
It's just another use of the same game engine I guess, like netkar pro and netbike.

Anyway, we still have active development in GP Bikes
Quote from hazaky :Just tryed it. isnt that bad but ... the keyboard steering really sux. Thatwhy i would give it a ... mm 5/10

uhm, keyboard steering?
I am sure all the other sims work perfectly with keyboard
If you think it can be approved as it is the FIRST alpha report on the support forum on racesimcentral instead of rating it like that, please.

But seriously get a wheel.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :uhm, keyboard steering?
I am sure all the other sims work perfectly with keyboard
If you think it can be approved as it is the FIRST alpha report on the support forum on racesimcentral instead of rating it like that, please.

But seriously get a wheel.

Havn't got spare money. I have but there are other stuff i need to spend it on
Quote from hazaky :Havn't got spare money. I have but there are other stuff i need to spend it on

Well then you're hardly in the position to rate it yourself then are you? For the very first alpha release it is quite impressive with wet weather surfaces and rain already implemented and half decent tyre physics.
Quote from Gills4life :Well then you're hardly in the position to rate it yourself then are you? For the very first alpha release it is quite impressive with wet weather surfaces and rain already implemented and half decent tyre physics.

Well, i dont know. I tryed the demo and if i didnt miss anything then all i had was 1 track with 1 formula car. I drove about half lap and then came here to tell my crappy opinion. Its still on my hdd tho.

That thing i sayd that i need to spend my money on other stuff, except wheel. By that i need to get rid of my bottlenecking on PC. After that, musical instruments and lots of more stuff.
Quote from hazaky :Well, i dont know. I tryed the demo and if i didnt miss anything then all i had was 1 track with 1 formula car. I drove about half lap and then came here to tell my crappy opinion. Its still on my hdd tho.

That thing i sayd that i need to spend my money on other stuff, except wheel. By that i need to get rid of my bottlenecking on PC. After that, musical instruments and lots of more stuff.

Uhm...ok. enough said i suppose.
Quote from hazaky :I drove about half lap and then came here to tell my crappy opinion.

Damn, you took A LOT of time to form that opinion.
The downloiad link doesnt work for me

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG