The online racing simulator
PS3 - TV question
(9 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
PS3 - TV question
What im after, is to know how its possible to hook up a ps3 on two seperate tv screens, or to mimic the tv's. They are both LCD so i know there are no outputs on the screens.

So is there any way to get a double adapter or a split cord to run the ps3 on both screens?

The reason being is because im hooking up my pc and ps3 to my cockpit, so i can play both off that screen, but if i want to watch a dvd or play a different game, i can use the main tv, saves me from having to sit in a cockpit to play anohter game.
Hm, i'm not sure you can do that, you mean for PS3 to display picture on both TV's at the same time? You could hook one up via the HDMI, and the other via Multi-av (scart), but you would have to go to the PS3 menu every time you want to switch TV's...
The problem is, when you have HDMI set for example on your PS3, and you connect it to an SDTV, the screen will go blank.. you then have to hold the power button for 10 seconds for it to recognise the SDTV. So maybe you would have to do that every time..
.. Are you sure Boris. I tend to go from HDMI to composite (RCA/Red, Yellow, White) cables and the PS3 autodetects what input I have plugged in. Yes the PS3's manual says to do it when switching inputs but I seem to have it work quite well without any special procedures.
There is no way to output the PS3 to more than one display device at a time.
You can set it up with multiple outputs, but you'd need to manually switch between them (which may mean the 5-second power button hold method). It seems to depend heavily on the equipment whether the PS3 will just do it or not.

There might be some sort of external device to do it though.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :.. Are you sure Boris. I tend to go from HDMI to composite (RCA/Red, Yellow, White) cables and the PS3 autodetects what input I have plugged in. Yes the PS3's manual says to do it when switching inputs but I seem to have it work quite well without any special procedures.

Maybe you haven't put HD resolution then, for your HDMI.. because having it set to 720p/1080i/1080p and then pluging it on SD TV will have your screen go blank..
Nope. I have it set to 1080p (verified by bringing up TV's UI which shows what resolution it's currently running at) and also the PS3's settings verify this. After than I can unplug, move my PS3 to my TV downstairs and plug it into my SDTV, and connect it with RCA cables, and it boots up to the XMB without any changes or holding of the power button as well as it goes the other way (from RCA to HDMI).

It does take an extra second to boot up into the XMB, but it does work without manual adjustment to settings.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Nope. I have it set to 1080p (verified by bringing up TV's UI which shows what resolution it's currently running at) and also the PS3's settings verify this. After than I can unplug, move my PS3 to my TV downstairs and plug it into my SDTV, and connect it with RCA cables, and it boots up to the XMB without any changes or holding of the power button as well as it goes the other way (from RCA to HDMI).

It does take an extra second to boot up into the XMB, but it does work without manual adjustment to settings.

That's cool then.. i heard you have to do that button thing every time, never tried it myself.
#9 - aoun

PS3 - TV question
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG