The online racing simulator
Lfs dedi host
(3 posts, started )
Lfs dedi host
Idk if this probelm was been resolved, but i can host a server fine.. on my computer when im the host but when i use the Dedi host program.. my server gives me Connect timed out... idk if there is sumthign with the port forwarding im not catching or what but sumone help =\
I had the same problem when both the host and client were on the same PC, but it started working after a small tweak. Connecting to my own game via the server list didn't work. I do like so:

- in the dedi .cfg file, set /ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to the LAN IP address (and remember to uncomment the line ). Usually is 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x E.g. /ip=192.168.0.12
- start the host
- with the client, join specific game
- select local network and put the LAN IP address in

When I do that, everyone can connect to my game using the server list, and I connect locally.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I had the same problem when both the host and client were on the same PC, but it started working after a small tweak. Connecting to my own game via the server list didn't work. I do like so:

- in the dedi .cfg file, set /ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to the LAN IP address (and remember to uncomment the line ). Usually is 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x E.g. /ip=192.168.0.12
- start the host
- with the client, join specific game
- select local network and put the LAN IP address in

When I do that, everyone can connect to my game using the server list, and I connect locally.

Thanx man.. that worked.. i was getting pissed cause nothing i did worked haha thanx again.

Lfs dedi host
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG