The online racing simulator
Screen turning black!!
(9 posts, started )
Screen turning black!!
Hi I'm xxfatfarmxx and I play LFS Demo.
And I have a big problem:

MY SCREEN KEEPS TURNING BLACK FOR LIKE... 4-6 SECONDS IN MULTIPLAYER. I DONT KNOW WHEN ITS GONNA HAPPEN SO IF IT HAPPENS WHEN I'M TURNING, I CRASH!!!!
THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN WHILE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, EXCEPT WHEN I'M PLAYING LFS DEMO!!!
I dunno if its something about my computer or my monitor.

If you need my specs or somethin' you can ask meh. (But detail what specs and where to check it [I'm not really that good at computers])
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP I CAN'T PLAY LIKE THIS!!

Thank you,

xxfatfarmxx
Shot in the dark.

Any chance it's your screensaver kicking in? Windows doesn't always count peripherals like wheels as input and can decide that the PC is idle right in the middle of a game.
Depending on the type of screensaver it is, it might hijack the D3D drivers and cause the display to crash.
Ehm.

I turned my screen saver to 9999 minutes. And my screensaver is not a black screen, and it is the default bouncing Windows logo thing.

But thanks anyways!

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that it didn't happen before, but when I didn't play for 2 months, it started doing that thin.

Thanks!
Is your monitor hooked up to the video card via VGA or DVI cable?

ehm.

On the monitor, right?
If it is...I think its...the white one, DVI.
Darnit it worked perfectly before.
I searched the problem on every search engine and couldn't find one solution.
Someone please help.
computer specs? it happened to me then i think i got s2 and it stopped...or i turned my graphics all the way down, or set my pc to performance instead of energy savings
Quote from xxfatfarmxx :ehm.

On the monitor, right?
If it is...I think its...the white one, DVI.

That must be it. It's the nature of the beast. It's been a problem with DVI since as long as I can remember. I only ever get it on my desktop, and it's pretty infrequent.

What's the make/model of your monitor? That tends to have an effect. Also, what brand is the video card?
Ehm.

I can switch my cable to VGA, but if theres a way to fix the DVI thing, please tell me.
Because I like DVI more. hehe.
The make/model of my monitor is LG. And the brand of my video card is uhm...ATI.

Screen turning black!!
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG