The online racing simulator
Quote from DevilDare :To his explanation - Yes.

Should we try it?

But then we would all have the same numbers and only get something like 10 pounds if they are right.
You have to do team-bonding excercises first. And also you have to write what your hand tells you to write. It's far above us lowly LFS'ers, we need the creme of the British public to do this properly.
Quote from zeugnimod :Sounds ridiculous.

Wouldn't that mean you could just go to a big forum, start a thread asking people to send 6 numbers to you and get rich?

Not really, these people subconsciously chose this numbers, if we were to try and predict the numbers our choices would be dedicated by greed.

To predict randomness, you have to try and convert people into a neutral state therefore acting like a machine.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Not really, these people subconsciously chose this numbers, if we were to try and predict the numbers our choices would be dedicated by greed.

To predict randomness, you have to try and convert people into a neutral state therefore acting like a machine.

I guess this only makes sense if you have watched the show or whatever it is?
My money's still on the splitscreen.

Next week's is going to be awesome though.
Looking forward to next week. Going to make sure my wheel is setup so if I do end up stuck to my chair I can play lfs xD
Its stupid Mackie..... You cant just close your eyes relax and start writing random stuff. Try it - guarantee it wont work....

Stupid explanation for a clever trick. After all, he said it himself at the end. "It was just a trick"

But yeah, next week I am so watching again. See if it keeps my on my seat not allowing me to stand up
What if you watch it standing up?
i thought that show was rubbish... not been so bored in a long time from watching TV.
Agreed about next week. The split screen is the most likely option, there are other options. The problem is that the number printed on the balls is a discrete variable, not a continuous one. Ball number one could be called Derek, number 12 could be called Gemma and number 43 could be called Richard and it wouldn't make a difference in probability terms.
it was definitely interesting the lengths he went to....next weeks event looks awesome though
So basically he fixed the machine, it wouldn't take him a year to do the other method, it would take a year to work out how to rig the lottery machine and get away with it. That would explain why he didn't get a ticket.
"Balls"y thing to do though!
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :So basically he fixed the machine, it wouldn't take him a year to do the other method, it would take a year to work out how to rig the lottery machine and get away with it. That would explain why he didn't get a ticket.

It would be difficult to fix the machine though ... I'd go for the split screen option.
Quote from duke_toaster :It would be difficult to fix the machine though ... I'd go for the split screen option.

I'm guessing you missed the show yesterday where he explained how he did it. Watch it on 4oD and you will see what I mean, he basically told us he rigged the machine without admitting it, because that would be illegal.
I did watch it. I'd put it in the tounge in cheek pile, bearing in mind the fact that Objective and C4 simply wouldn't clear it ...
Quote from duke_toaster :I did watch it. I'd put it in the tounge in cheek pile, bearing in mind the fact that Objective and C4 simply wouldn't clear it ...

It makes sense, it took him a year to plan it, it doesn't take a year to get a group of people to write random numbers on bits of paper and it doesn't take a year to fake a piece of footage. Derren Brown wouldn't say he was going to reveal how he did it then not tell us.
True, but the only reason we think it took a year is because he said so...
In the first show he did say he "did nothing illegal" and nothing that would "affect your chances of winning" though. The only way the latter would apply if an actual lottery was run 5 minutes beforehand and the televised one was rigged, which would involve Camelot which is unlikely. I've got to say that automatic writing cannot have been used, as each number is a discrete item (unlike the weight of an ox).
Quote from TiJay :My money's still on the splitscreen.

Next week's is going to be awesome though.

+100000000

That so called 'explaination' he did was complete bollox IMO, just another case of misdirection and tricking the general public, as he cant really say yeah it was splitscreen (oldest trick in the book) that made it work could he, i mean, it would make such a renowned illusionist such as himself look kind of silly wouldnt it?

My money is still on a split screen setup as well, as i suspectedsomething like that from the beginning, but after seeing the 2 blatant freezes where the camera wobble disappeared for a few seconds before and after the draw confirmed it for me, it was where splitscreen mode was turned on and off i reckon.
Yeh split screen seems the likely option, there is no way that looking at the previous lottery balls that were drawn and guessing from them then taking an average would get you the result. There is absolutely zero predictability to the lottery draw, it's completely random, unlike his example of people guessing the weight of the cow and the average guess being correct.

The explanation show wasn't brilliant, I prefer watching his stage shows.
Retarted.

Did not get stuck. Can't believe anyone did....
me either

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG