The online racing simulator
#1 - JeffR
Is there anyway to unlock old S1 version?
Tried to unlock S1-0.3A, but it asked for a key. Then tried to unlock S1-0.3H which didn't ask for a key, but it wouldn't unlock. Any ideas? Just wanted to see what the old version was like.
#2 - Hout
Hi lads, a small bump

I just have downloaded the H version from the archive
but I can't unlock it, it doesnt find the master server.

I already checked firewall etc.

If i remember corectly the master server changed location
some time ago and older versions can't unlock anymore?

Or is there a way?

PS
I already have the Z version and I am S2 licensed so just keep to the topic
I don't think so, I think they have taken off the master server and only Live For Speed S2 Alpha uses it.
#4 - amp88
Quote from Scawen :Yes, I'd just like to confirm that, the old versions no longer connect to the master server (because the master server moved location and the old versions do not have the ability to redirect to the new IP address).

But that is no problem for S2 licensed racers, all the S1 cars and tracks are available to you in the S2 versions.

What you need to do is download the most recent version 0.5Z and unlock that.

Downloads : http://www.lfs.net/?page=downloads

#5 - Hout
As I stated on my first post i already have the latest version.

I wanted the older one because it's clutch behavior from stop to the first gear is more realistc. (If you let the clutch go the car starts to move without throttle) as cars do in our days.

In the Z version most of the time the car stalls if you try to do that, because the thresshold is too low on that matter.

So the question remains is there a workaround for this or am i stuck to demo?
#6 - amp88
Quote from Hout :So the question remains is there a workaround for this or am i stuck to demo?

The quote in my post above is from Scawen who is one of the developers of LFS. It's pretty clear that you can't unlock old versions. There is no workaround.
Quote from amp88 :There is no workaround.

There is, but it is illegal to talk about
Technically you shoudlnt talk about it, but morally, no real problem i wouldnt say, i mean, as long as you are a fully paid up S2 license holder anyway then surely it doesnt matter really??

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG