The online racing simulator
Can not find UDP packet and its not a problem on my end
i keep getting an error saying can not find udp packet i was already talking to a tech named vicc a few months ago and he confirmed i have no problem connecting to the server but couldnt figure out what was wrond, wondering if anyone could shed some light
Not a bug. Fix your internet...
A likely answer is that either a local firewall, or your ISP, is preventing the UDP packets from getting to your client. You can try forcing LFS to use TCP entirely by using shift+T, although I'm unsure whether or not it's possible to do so before joining an online game and I cannot test at the moment
That "tech named vicc" is actually one of the three developers, btw.
Quote from McGrath :i keep getting an error saying can not find udp packet i was already talking to a tech named vicc a few months ago and he confirmed i have no problem connecting to the server but couldnt figure out what was wrond, wondering if anyone could shed some light

please come to irc. I've a few more questions to ask.
Just for interest (well i was interested) after testing it appeared that udp packets with a data length of less than 12 bytes do not make it to the receiving end. I don't know if that's the router blocking them for some reason or the isp, as i can't do any network monitoring there. But the packets do leave his computer. They just don't arrive.
LFS's initial handshake UDP packets are 4 bytes, hence the error message in LFS.

Anyway, I just wanted to know these UDP reports are indeed not LFS's problem. And that's confirmed (so i will not have any doubts in the future, because i had before).

Maybe related; I'm pretty sure the 'did not receive guest info' problems are also related to client side soft or hardware problems. I'm always keeping an eye on the occasional network bug or misconfiguration on our end, but atm i'm convinced our networking stuff is perfectly in order.
my traceroutes to him drop packets on bell's network.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG