The online racing simulator
Piquet/Renault events go on
Piquet/Renault events go on http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78446
Piquet claims that meeting before the Singapore race took place and he was instructed by Briatore and Symonds there. They don’t deny the meeting but argue that deliberate crash was initiative of Piquet himself.

But there is enough evidence to be sure in this dishonest action and I suppose it will be hard to settle up this affair without considerable consequences. It seems to me clear also that Briatore did it, he sacrificed a knight (pawn?) for Alonso’s win sake. And he had motivation because Alonso threatened to leave team at that time. I doubt also that Piquet would damn his entire career to hell only because of extortion of Briatore with invented story. :detective

His career obviously is over. TBH I sympathized with Piguet until these things was happened. I wonder by Piquet action. What is he going to do? May be he will be seller of hotdogs? And what about punish Piquet himself?
Sit back and enjoy's his father's money until he die perheps?
I'm more inclined to think Piquet is stupid enough to have made up his side of the story than to think Briatore is stupid enough to have instructed Piquet to rig the race.

Briatore, for all his faults, is shrewd enough not to expose himself to such an obvious blackmailing opportunity. Piquet Junior, on the other hand, has shown plenty of times that he is prone to speaking without adequate employment of his higher-order thinking abilities.

Having said that, if it turns out Briatore and Symonds were privy to Piquet's deliberate crashing (if there exists enough evidence to prove the crash was deliberate, rather than a mere error), their reputations will be tarnished. This is particularly the case for Symonds, who is widely regarded to be as an honest character among F1 management.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :If this turns out to be the case (which I have to admit looked the most likely when watching the race last year), then it’s just another one of the many examples where Piquet Jr. shows he isn’t a very talented driver.

He isn't that bad to keep the throttle buried to the floor! He might not be Ayrton Senna, but not even an 8 year old child would keep the foot planted!
Agreed - talent doesn't come into it. Anyone in this forum, on their first lap in ANY race car would lift the throttle in that situation.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
What?

Alan said even an 8 year old child wouldn't have kept his foot in. I said anyone on this forum wouldn't be that thick (in agreement with Alan).

Then you post some nonsense... And what it is with Antarctica - is it 'cool' or 'funny' or 'clever' to change your country code so that people don't think you are British?
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
That's what I said - British.

Quote from Intrepid :He isn't that bad to keep the throttle buried to the floor! He might not be Ayrton Senna, but not even an 8 year old child would keep the foot planted!

Quote from carey :Learning to read is overrated

Seems like he's backed himself into a corner here.

Unless there's more evidence to come, there's no conclusive proof of a conspiracy to deliberately crash and effect the outcome of the race. All the telemetry shows is that he kept his boot in in that particular corner, i'd guess it'd be exactly the same with all his other crashes too. Then it comes down to a war of "their words against his". Unless he secretly record that conversation, which i doubt. So he doesn't have a leg to stand on...oh wait, that's Ale....(nope, no place for bad taste jokes)
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote :He isn't that bad to keep the throttle buried to the floor!

Meaning: Piquet isn't so bad as to keep his foot in
Quote :but not even an 8 year old child would keep the foot planted!

Meaning: And neither is an 8 year old
Quote :He might not be Ayrton Senna

Meaning: He isn't in that category immediately, but the world isn't divided into Senna (who can cope with oversteer) and everyone else in the whole world ever.

If you're English, you're British.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :So if I understand your analysis correctly; there’re 8 yr olds, Piquet, Senna. I still think anyone with even limited experience (and by that I mean playing GRID once), wouldn’t keep their foot in if a car was loosing traction on a particular corner, and just for arguments sake (as it seems that’s all we have) I wouldn’t place Senna as the benchmark/role model/whatever in terms of ability (but this is obviously just an opinion).

The point is you are misunderstanding the 'analysis'. How fecking hard is it.

Alan and I agree that Piquet, Senna, an 8 year old, and anyone on this forum with an ounce of a brain (thus discounting you it would seem) wouldn't have kept their foot on the throttle in an accidental oversteer situation. You don't have to be a Senna to have that ability.

Thus, if Piquet DID keep his foot on the throttle, then it wasn't an accident.

Which bit would you like help with?

P.S. There're is an odd contraction, but technically it's correct. Most writers would still use 'there are' though, but mainly out of ease of understanding.
Quote from carey :even if they don't enunciate themselves correctly, and even more so if they’re a non-native English speaker, as is common here.

Quote from tristancliffe :P.S. There're is an odd contraction, but technically it's correct. Most writers would still use 'there are' though, but mainly out of ease of understanding.

Yip

Sorry chaps, just a tad bored right now, and in one of my all to frequent 'odd but churlish' moods.

Carry on.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Piquet is a good driver and had a successfull career until F1...
He won all the categories he entered before except GP2 where he lost (closely) to Hamilton...

But regardless the result of this matter his racing career is over. Being his idea or Briatore's nothing changes for him... Because who hit the wall and brought out the safety car was him...

So... shame on him... he screwed things up.. and he is over...

I'm sad to see a F1 class driver doing a thing like that...
Quote from carey : Surely saying that Piquet isn’t so bad to keep the throttle to the floor even though a young karter wouldn’t is some sort of slur?

Piquet isn't that bad. 8 year olds aren't that bad. Nobody would keep the throttle pressed. I can't make it any more simple for you.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Some people are destined to remain morons, no matter how hard you try...
Quote from carey : That’s ok, but my defence would be that your generation, where the ones who bred half-wits like me (then decided to thoroughly patronise us and not educate them to the same level you lot had the chance to).

Well yes. Taking the piss out of youngsters is one of the few things the older generation can still enjoy. You'll be doing exactly the same when you're an old git too, trust me, it's in yer genes

Quote from PjFerreira : But regardless the result of this matter his racing career is over. Being his idea or Briatore's nothing changes for him... Because who hit the wall and brought out the safety car was him...

So... shame on him... he screwed things up.. and he is over...

I'm sad to see a F1 class driver doing a thing like that...

Yep, agree with every word. If he had just kept his big mouth shut he may have, (may have), had a chance of getting a drive with one of these new teams next year. But now, i don't think anyone will want him to be within 100 miles of an F1 car.
His father was magnificent.

He isn't his father.
Quote from Becky Rose :His father was magnificent.

He isn't his father.

His father was a twat.

He'szzz...certainly heading in that direction.
Why is it that almost all of the biggest forum eejits post in the F1 threads?

There are at least 5 now.

Btw, carey identified me already on his first day here as the awful human being that I am so I had to post this in order not to disappoint him.
Quote from Mazz4200 :His father was a twat.

A fast twat.
Quote from zeugnimod :Why is it that almost all of the biggest forum eejits post in the F1 threads?

F1 attracts idiots?

<-- lifelong fan. 'nuff said.
Quote from zeugnimod :Why is it that almost all of the biggest forum eejits post in the F1 threads?

There are at least 5 now.

Btw, carey identified me already on his first day here as the awful human being that I am so I had to post this in order not to disappoint him.

Bad zeugni, you're an awful person!

Carey, when Tristan and Alan agree against you, then you really are something out of this world
I would say not fake. Don't let that crappy website design mislead. Plus Autosport article seems to have exactly same information.

Formula 1 to be shocked?
(312 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG