The online racing simulator
Fixed setup test race tonight (may 11th)
Hey!

I'll set up a server for testing my 'roadgoing' setups for balance and realism.

The sets are supposed to be slow and soft, like any non-sporty roadcar would be set up.

I will password the server to get rid of some of the non-serious drivers. If you are interested, please post here or send me a PM, and I'll give you the password.

Edit: The server will open around 9pm CET, maybe a bit earlier. The cars are XFG and XRG.
We will race different tracks and session lengths, to test the setups under different and varied conditions. The point of these sets is fun and realism, not speed.
So, when exactly will it be held? Which cars will be driven?
See my edit above...
Which track?, how many laps?, how many "sessions", any qualifying?, what time exactly does the event start?.

I am interested, but I need a bit more info before I commit

Dan,
I am interested as well, although will probably be a tad slow!
Another edit... First post...
I'll see if I can make it, so 9CET is 8GMT?

Dan,
Yep, CET is GMT+1
Oky doky, just checking it was CET and not CEST , PM the password for the server please

Dan,
I am going to try and make it, but have just got back from the dentist and had my nerve drilled, it's gonna be painful Luckily I have a messed up leg so have some very strong pain killers I can much on anyway!)...

So I might be a little slow reacting to things tonight!!!!!!
^^^ That sounds like the ideal mix for racing
#12 - JJ72
I am in, please send me the password
Im interested.
Road going eh? Novel...
They are not your sets, Bob. These are even less sporty...
#16 - Vain
Quote from Thorvertonian :Luckily I have a messed up leg so have some very strong pain killers I can much on anyway!)...

Painkillers + coffein = productivity. At least that is my experience from the recovery-phase after a motorcycle accident .

Anyway, I think I'm in. PM me the password whenever you want (just not after the session has finished ).

Vain
I'm doped up on my painkillers waiting for the pw!!! lol
How many fingers do you see here: \|/
Still no password guys......
Sorry, I was on the server, missed your post!

There will be more tests like this before I settle on a pair of setups to use.

Please discuss the session in this thread, and comment on the sets.
XRG is already pretty good, while the first version had too soft dampers, it's perfect now, so nothing needs to be changed here.

XFG is a two sided sword. I could absolutely not drive any smooth corners with the first set, but the second one (again harder dampers) made things better. The later revisions (ARB, camber, toe) added alot of stability and character, but made it even slower IMO. Currently it is just far too slow, suffering big time from the lack of a lsd. Tbh, I don't really know how to make it competitive, the only solution would be to slow down the XRG, but where's the fun in that?
Thats was actually a pretty fun hour guys, I think the "real" event will be a blast.

The XRG is a little sweetie with the "road" setup, great to drive, pretty easy and good fun, the XFG on the other hand is a pain in the behind, it REALLY needs the LSD added, as with the combo of FWD, thin tyres and and open diff it really loses out on the corners, that and the fact the XRG is a touch more powerfull make it at least 1-2 secs a lap slower.

TBH I think you are going to struggle to make the two cars competitive without putting an LSD in the XFG.

Dan,
is this a championship? can i play?
Will you be holding another race this wekend?

I will probably be very drunk on Saturday as it's the FA Cup Final, so want a nice slow race on Sunday to aid my hangover!
I'll try to get another session set up tonight, to test some setup ideas for the XFG. Hope some of you will join. I'll make the server public, so we get some more racers. I have a GURU race scheduled for saturday, but sunday should be fine. When the sets are balanced I will set up a 'production cup' where you all can join the fun!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG