The online racing simulator
GTR Evo
(14 posts, started )
GTR Evo
Just wondered if any LFS'ers play GTR Evo or Race 07 for that matter.

What do you think of it?
Can you find good quality online racing?
#2 - mr_x
I play RACE07, I organise leagues with touring cars mainly too (using STCC addon). The best online racing is usually found within teams and communities. Indeed the community I organise leagues for is just coming towards the end of a BTCC inspired league, using their tracks, points system and my own ballast and race format. So far with a full sign up of 25 drivers + 5 reserve drivers we've had 1 complaint from 16 races, and that was track cutting which wasn't severe enough for any penalties, just a warning. Also there's 10 points covering the top 3 places in the championship (before drop scores), so it's a close run thing too!

Edit: I'm quite a fan of it as you may have guessed, the racing is close, and very good fun when the majority of the drivers are on ventrilo too (everyone is told to keep quiet in races!). Public servers are a bit of a nightmare, but locked community servers are the place to be.
I have both and installed, but I don't really like it that much.
I probably should take my time and get a setup done and see how it really drives with a good set on a good car on a good track.
I have bought it in 2008 and it stil instaleled i play it from time to time on pasworded server
i think GTR Evo with Race07 and STCC is as good as the ISI engine can get, Racedepartment organise some great leagues and events for the game
Race 07 is good. The engine is quite good and the cars are fun to drive.someone on this forum felt kind i won't say who.
Thx for the feedback im still undecided, but maybe when i get bored of flitting between iRacing & LFS i will give it a try.
IMO GTR Evo is the first playable game from Simbin, the rest are crap. I can have some fun playing GTR Evo, but that's it,some fun.
Quote from trebor901 :i think GTR Evo with Race07 and STCC is as good as the ISI engine can get, Racedepartment organise some great leagues and events for the game

You honestly believe that they are better than the cars that Niels has done in rFactor?
You honestly think they are different games? Its just paying for more and more mods on the same aged base. They are substandard sims nowadays.
Simbin is just cashing in.
I enjoy a bit of GTR evo here and there.

Overall i think it's great both looks and feel.
Online racing? Meh, average but probably just the servers i go in but i always get hit..lol
Weeeell, I bought it and played in twice, maybe thrice?

Arcadey big time. Grip grip grip, gone. No transition at all. The wee Caterhams may make you think otherwise but don't be fooled.

Ok for a bit of fun, and the Ring
Quote from NitroNitrous :I can have some fun playing GTR Evo, but that's it,some fun.

but thats the point not all race games need to be as phsicly acurate as possibel
i race a 1985 mini 1000 and the closest physics mach i have found was the UF1000 in lfs but i play GTR evo and from time to time i even play need for speed underground 2, not becuse its a good game but because for the 2-3 hours before i get bored it puts a smile on my face what else do you need

GTR Evo
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG